Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

After talking with my wife a few times since the last post, there were a few other questions that came up and I am hoping that either "Internetcafe" or someone else with experience at the Ankara embassy can answer them.

Here they are.

1) How much time does the embassy give you from their notice of the interview date/time, to the actual interview itself? (weeks , a month? more?)

2) If I wanted to postpone the interview date (like Internetcafe did), how exactly would I go about doing that? Do I just call the embassy, or do I need to write them? There is the possibility that my wife and I would postpone the interview for a few weeks, etc......since I have a break in the beginning of April and could then travel to Turkey to go with her. However, that would only be in the case that the interview was set for late March. Obviously, if her interview is much before that, say in February or March (maybe even earlier), then the sooner she can come back to the USA, the better, and I would not want to postpone it. Better she go to the interview alone, but come back sooner, than wait for a month or so....even if that meant I could not go with her. Like just about everyone else going through this process.....I just want my wife (spouse) here!

3) When will she start to recieve any kind of paperwork in Istanbul? ( Just Saturday, I mailed the $380 and $70 fee to the NVC.....so that is the point that we are at in the I-130 process)

4) We have a question about the physical/medical. When does she do this? Does she do this in Istanbul or Ankara? (I assume Istanbul, but she thought it could be in Ankara. To me, it would seem that embassy would want the physical done ahead of time, so I am guessing Istanbul)

Thanks again for all the replies, and special thanks to Internetcafe for taking the time to write such thorough responses.

I appreciate it.

Thanks.

:thumbs:

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Timeline

Nevermind about that first question. I reread one of the previous replies again tonight, and saw that it was answered already in one of them , and that once the NVC sets the interview, my wife and I will have approximately 1-2 months to make plans for the actual interview itself from the date of the notice. (Which is good because it gives us lots of time to make plans)

So, I would still like answers to questions 2-4....if anyone can answer those.

Thanks.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Nevermind about that first question. I reread one of the previous replies again tonight, and saw that it was answered already in one of them , and that once the NVC sets the interview, my wife and I will have approximately 1-2 months to make plans for the actual interview itself from the date of the notice. (Which is good because it gives us lots of time to make plans)

Thanks.

Ankara Embassy Webpage http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

#2 To Reschedule an Appointment (informationg from Ankara Embassy site)

To reschedule an appointment please notify the Embassy immediately by fax, email or mail . Every effort will be made to ensure that a more convenient appointment time is given.

If you go the web Ankara website and go to contact with e-mail one of the email choices is "May I reschedule my interview" and then you need to fill in the rest of the blanks.

#3 I do not know for CR1/IR1 as we are right now doing the K3, hopefully going to do the CR1/IR1 about this time next year. But for us once the embassy receivec the K3 from NVC they almost immediately sent out packet 3, and as soon as they got that back within 2 days they sent out the interview letter which was sent for almost a month later.

#4 Medicals can be done in either Istanbul or Ankara, I think most people had theirs done in Ankara. My husband will do his in Istanbul on the 27th, as he will stay with relatives until i get there on the 30th and then we will travel together to Ankara for our interview on Nov. 1st.

Medical Doctor Address Phone Number Working Hours

Dr. Mehmet Ungan

Dr. Handan Ungan

www.doctorun.com

mungan@duzen.com.tr Atatürk Bulvarı 237/29Kavaklıdere, Ankara 90-312-468-9541ext 544

90-532-245-1388

Weekdays 09:00-19:00 Saturdays 10:00-17:00

Dr. Lale Tuncel

laletuncel@doctor.com Tunalı Hilmi Cad. 110/4Kavaklıdere, Ankara 90-312-467-0010 90-312-468-6151

Weekdays10:00-19:00

Saturdays 11:00-13:00

American Hospital

Check up dept., 2ndfloor Güzelbahçe Sokak Nişantaşı, İstanbul 90-212-311-2501

90-212-311-2502

90-212-311-2000

For appointment, please call in advance, between:

Weekdays 08:00-18:00

Saturdays 08:00-13:00

IMPORTANT NOTICE CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States Immigration Law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, and Influenza.

In order to assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician’s review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician. Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

If you are fifteen (15) or older, a blood test for antibodies developed in response to infection by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is required. HIV is the virus that causes the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses, which may occur in persons infected with HIV. HIV infection causes a defect in a person's natural immunity against disease. Victims are highly vulnerable to serious illnesses. This test is not to diagnose AIDS, but to detect antibodies to the virus. If the result is positive, it does not necessarily mean that you have AIDS or will get it. The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer. Also, it may be necessary to report results to the health authorities in this country. A positive test result will mean that you will not be eligible to receive a visa. A positive test result may also carry other consequences related to your day-to-day activities in this country.

Hope this helps!!!!

Good Luck,

Michele and Omer

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Timeline

Thanks.

Ankara Embassy Webpage http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

#2 To Reschedule an Appointment (informationg from Ankara Embassy site)

To reschedule an appointment please notify the Embassy immediately by fax, email or mail . Every effort will be made to ensure that a more convenient appointment time is given.

If you go the web Ankara website and go to contact with e-mail one of the email choices is "May I reschedule my interview" and then you need to fill in the rest of the blanks.

#3 I do not know for CR1/IR1 as we are right now doing the K3, hopefully going to do the CR1/IR1 about this time next year. But for us once the embassy receivec the K3 from NVC they almost immediately sent out packet 3, and as soon as they got that back within 2 days they sent out the interview letter which was sent for almost a month later.

#4 Medicals can be done in either Istanbul or Ankara, I think most people had theirs done in Ankara. My husband will do his in Istanbul on the 27th, as he will stay with relatives until i get there on the 30th and then we will travel together to Ankara for our interview on Nov. 1st.

Medical Doctor Address Phone Number Working Hours

Dr. Mehmet Ungan

Dr. Handan Ungan

www.doctorun.com

mungan@duzen.com.tr Atatürk Bulvarı 237/29Kavaklıdere, Ankara 90-312-468-9541ext 544

90-532-245-1388

Weekdays 09:00-19:00 Saturdays 10:00-17:00

Dr. Lale Tuncel

laletuncel@doctor.com Tunalı Hilmi Cad. 110/4Kavaklıdere, Ankara 90-312-467-0010 90-312-468-6151

Weekdays10:00-19:00

Saturdays 11:00-13:00

American Hospital

Check up dept., 2ndfloor Güzelbahçe Sokak Nişantaşı, İstanbul 90-212-311-2501

90-212-311-2502

90-212-311-2000

For appointment, please call in advance, between:

Weekdays 08:00-18:00

Saturdays 08:00-13:00

IMPORTANT NOTICE CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States Immigration Law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, and Influenza.

In order to assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician’s review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician. Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

If you are fifteen (15) or older, a blood test for antibodies developed in response to infection by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is required. HIV is the virus that causes the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses, which may occur in persons infected with HIV. HIV infection causes a defect in a person's natural immunity against disease. Victims are highly vulnerable to serious illnesses. This test is not to diagnose AIDS, but to detect antibodies to the virus. If the result is positive, it does not necessarily mean that you have AIDS or will get it. The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer. Also, it may be necessary to report results to the health authorities in this country. A positive test result will mean that you will not be eligible to receive a visa. A positive test result may also carry other consequences related to your day-to-day activities in this country.

Hope this helps!!!!

Good Luck,

Michele and Omer

Thank you.

I guess I could have just looked at the Ankara website to get a lot of that info, huh? :huh:

I've been to that website plenty, but guess I never looked around quite enough.

Previous to the I-130 we filed, we had unknowingly (since my wife had to fulfill her 2 year HRR she wasn't eligible) filed a K-3. You are right, in that they do send out that packet rather quickly, and my wife had actually recieved the packet in Istanbul last summer (2005). So....yes, that one gets sent to Istanbul fairly quickly, and faster than the I-130 packets, because although we both have an approved I-130, and it is at the NVC stage, my wife has yet to recieve anything in Istanbul. Every notice etc...that we have recieved so far, have all gone to me (or my lawyer) in the USA.

You gave a LOT of information about the medical exam. I assume that it will have to be done rather close to when the interview is to be done. (your husband is taking his just days before the actual interview)

I thank you for the reply. I hope things go well for you both at the interview. I can only imagine my nerves etc.......as the time draws nearer for my wife. We have been apart so long , to be back together again for good....seems like a distant dream.

Good luck to you both.

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you.

I guess I could have just looked at the Ankara website to get a lot of that info, huh? :huh:

I've been to that website plenty, but guess I never looked around quite enough.

Previous to the I-130 we filed, we had unknowingly (since my wife had to fulfill her 2 year HRR she wasn't eligible) filed a K-3. You are right, in that they do send out that packet rather quickly, and my wife had actually recieved the packet in Istanbul last summer (2005). So....yes, that one gets sent to Istanbul fairly quickly, and faster than the I-130 packets, because although we both have an approved I-130, and it is at the NVC stage, my wife has yet to recieve anything in Istanbul. Every notice etc...that we have recieved so far, have all gone to me (or my lawyer) in the USA.

You gave a LOT of information about the medical exam. I assume that it will have to be done rather close to when the interview is to be done. (your husband is taking his just days before the actual interview)

I thank you for the reply. I hope things go well for you both at the interview. I can only imagine my nerves etc.......as the time draws nearer for my wife. We have been apart so long , to be back together again for good....seems like a distant dream.

Good luck to you both.

Thanks for wishing us luck.....

Hopefully we won't need it but I keep worrying I will forget to bring something they will want at the interview whether it be something I just have not thought about or just happened to forget on my desk. :blink:

When my husband called to make his medical appointment when we found out when the interview was they wanted him to call back about a week before the interview but he insisted that he wanted to make it then. He has gotten his tetnaus and first shot for Hep B from his local doctor, but they do not do the others and they do not do titers or maybe they do not understand what he wants. He has no medical documents stating he has had the other childhood diseases, so he may end up getting many shots at his physical. He also asked and they said they would take a credit card for the expenses of the physical, as he hates to carry money around in Istanbul since on his last visit there someone tried to steal his wallet while in the Mosque. They quoted him a price of about 300 TL for everything, I guess it could be less if he does not need all the shots.

Since the NVC does all the paper work and starts the security clearances for IR-1s, I would think that the embassy could set up the interview soon after it receives the petition. You will have to let us know when you finally get it how long it does take.

:dance: Hope everything goes speedily for you...

Michele and Omer

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Timeline
They quoted him a price of about 300 TL for everything, I guess it could be less if he does not need all the shots.

This was something else I didn't know, so I relayed that to my wife as we spoke yesterday. Was kind of a scary call , as I had called her during one of my breaks from work, around 2:15 (in Florida), and right as we spoke she started telling me that the buildings were shaking and that it felt like an earthquake (she's lived in Turkey long enough......that probably like most Turkish people...they can tell an earthquake right away. Me being in Florida......I wouldn't have a clue as to what one felt like).

So...that was a bit scary. But she kept insisting it was only minor, and not to worry.

Reading some of the Turkish newspapers this morning, it said that the center was in Balikesir.

Anyways....

Some phone call. :wacko:

Thanks again for your help. It's nice to know these things ahead of time. The more we prepare and are aware of everything, hopefully the smoother everything will go.

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello MPGGPM,

The Embassy does not give the applicant any notice. It is the NVC that does everything even setting up of the interview date. The Consulate does the interview part of the process only. You can e-mail the NVC and ask for a closer interview date stating your reasons convincingly and clearly as I did. However I ended up having to postpone my interview date because of job-related reasons and astronomically high prics for plane tickets in summer- especially if you are looking for flights a few day from that day.

When your case is 'complete' at the NVC stage NVC sets up the appointment date usually to be in the following month if your case is 'complete' withing the first week of a month. So we can say it is at least one month before the interview when you get the news from NVC about your appoitment date.

To postpone an interview just e-mail the consulate stating your preferred day for interview (you can be precise...it is up to you to state or not to state your reasons to them )

Is she going to receive any paperwork? Well... did she appoint an agent? If it is herself then she is going to receive but it is obvious that she appointed someone other than herself as her agent in her choice of agent and address form and that is you (?) since you say you are the one dealing with NVC.

You will receive Affidavit of Support forms and fill them out as instructed and send them with the requested supporting documents as soon as possible. NVC will review them in 7-14 days at the latest and if everything is in order complete processing of your case.

She can get the physical exam either in Ankara or Istanbul. I suggest she contact Dr Mehmet Ungan's clinic in Ankara if it is convenient for her. I do not know anything about medicals in Istanbul but I know that American Hospital only is authorized there. When? It is up to her but as far as I know the doctor's report is valid only for 6 months. Once your case is complete she can call one of the doctors (the list of doctors' names/addresses/contact info can be found on the Consulate's website and/or in the interview packet the agent receives. You would want the medicals done ahead of time also not just the consulate. But one thing is certain: the result of medical exam has to be presented at the time of interview to the interviewing officer.

She should ask for and keep a copy of the list of vaccinations received during the medical exam.

My advice: be careful filling out the forms..they are simple forms to fill out but equally sensitive since a mistake can cause delays in processing at the NVC stage. (RFEs etc.) Send them what they ask for. But do not waste time..act quick.

There is no reason for your wife or you to be nervous although I know it is unavoidable because of the nature of this wait/process.

Your wife will not receive Temporary Resident Card (valid for 2 year only and conditional) like some of us have/are going to; she will get Permanent Resident Card.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Timeline
Is she going to receive any paperwork? Well... did she appoint an agent? If it is herself then she is going to receive but it is obvious that she appointed someone other than herself as her agent in her choice of agent and address form and that is you (?) since you say you are the one dealing with NVC.

You will receive Affidavit of Support forms and fill them out as instructed and send them with the requested supporting documents as soon as possible. NVC will review them in 7-14 days at the latest and if everything is in order complete processing of your case.

I have read about that term, "agent" , in another part of this forum. I never quite understood what it meant exactly, but I assume since my lawyer is handling the paperwork etc....that it would be her. (the lawyer).

About a week ago, I sent in the payments to the NVC...the $380 and the $70 fee. So, if I understand you correctly, the only other set of paperwork I will be receiving from the NVC will be the "affadavit of support" packet , with various forms etc..?

And after that? Is that the only packet I receive, and then from there, they begin to process things to be sent to the embassy and to schedule the interview?

I would like things done in a timely manner, but we are both not in "that" much of a rush at this time, since we have plans for my wife to visit during the holidays in December-January. So, the last thing we would want is for them to schedule any interview during that time period. Then she will go back shortly after New Year's, and remain until the interview etc.

I appreciate your reply about how to "postpone " the interview if necessary. I would consider that option only if her interview was set for 2 weeks or so before my break in early April. But, I would think that things would process before then. And if so, then I would rather my wife just go on her own. I have faith in her, that she can handle herself well. I just would have liked to be with her. This is such an important time for us, it is a shame that the system makes things so difficult for the two of us to be at the interview together. It's not like Turkey is just right around the corner from here in Florida. As you and everyone else is aware in this Turkey forum...it is a looooooooooooong flight (not to mention costly).

I am not so much nervous in regards to our relationship. We have a great marriage, and after 2 and a half years, we are very close and get along well. If anything, our relationship has improved. We have both been through so much due to this process which only complicates our lives so much more........I think it has made us stronger and closer as we have gotten through some tough times and separation while she stays in Turkey.

It has also given me the opportunity to learn a great deal about Turkey and its culture. I have spent many months visiting Istanbul, and last year traveled through the Mediterranean areas of Bodrum, Fethiye, Kas, Antalya, etc.

Prior to marrying my wife, I had never even been out of North America (only traveled to Central America and Mexico).

So, I am appreciative of the chance to visit and learn about a very different culture than any I had ever seen before. From the people, to the architecture, to the natural beauty and historical landmarks throughout Turkey, I feel fortunate to have seen so much of it as I visited and stayed with my wife.

I am only slightly nervous because of the complications of her j-1 , and also because we made some earlier errors and filed an I-130 and I-485(when she was here in the USA)...then a k-3 (we got bad advice from someone in Miami, who didn't know anything about j-1's, and about the 2 year HRR, etc)... I just don't want that earlier paperwork to cause any problem.

Our lawyer insists everything will be fine.......but still. As my wife's husband who just wants her to be home, back in Florida again........I get the occasional nerves.

I hate dealing with the government and their beaurocrasy.

Since being in Istanbul a few times, I have met several people at the consulate, and you are correct in that they have generally been helpful and friendly. I am hoping as you say, that the people at the embassy in Ankara are the same.

I will relay that information to my wife about the doctor you mentioned.

Thanks again.

June 12, 2006 Noa1

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

My Ds230 and I 864 are being reviewed (been 2 weeks)called the nvc today and the lady told me its almost done , call back someday next week to know your interview date. Well, I wasnt really expecting such responce since they usually would say allow 2 to 4 weeks. BUt she sounded too certain as if she has seen whats been done already and could mostlikely be completed next week. Anyway, if her estimate is correct. When should I expect my interview date?

i have read some of the last posts and there are people who just started to this and asking for info. Along with the question, i can share my experiences so far.

Well my I130 took exactly 120 day to get approved , then about 30-35 days for NVC to admit they recieved my case. Couple weeks after I recieved 3032 AOS and mailed it back . It took 1 month for NVC to admit they recieved it. then about couple weeks after I recieved the IV Bill, paid on the same day. NVC recieved the check on the same week(they recieved the AOS bill on the same week too) Then a long wait till we got I864 (about 1 month) and after a week we got ds230. We filled them out well and mailed them back. AGAIN 1month for nvc to admit they recieved them and about 2 weeks after they sent us a checklist for missing documents( we sent the certified copies of the birth and marriage certificate, they wanted the originals) well , we mailed the certificates and it took them exactly 5 weeks to admit they recieved them. and now its been 2 weeks since they got everything . we are waiting for our case to be completed.

So...if you want to be done with NVC in shorttime , one should be very carefull and fast. May consider James shortcuts. Any mistake results in a delay of 5-8 weeks. Especially make sure you handle ds 230 and 864 well , if there is somethig wrong or missing, that will cause you 2 months delay.

If you have questions about your case, email nvc instead of calling them. the operator can only tell you what she/he sees on the computer, but if you email , they can go through your case and answer you back with much accurate and detailed info.

Also how fast nvc works varies depending on the month and volume of the cases. For example, they would recieve mails and send out forms quicker in september but they almost came to a complete halt in late october and november. ( they dont admit it but I think thats because of the lottery winners cases are also being reviewed in these months as most have their interviews in the following months) I have heard several k3 applicants had their interview dates about 2 months or so ahead in the last 2 months however I have seen 3 people had their K3 interview happened 7-13 days after they submitted all their paper work to ankara.

as of now , i have not seen anyone got rejected, including k3s. but i have heard a few people got rejected for k1 in the last a few years. Most of the reasons why they got rejected was female american applicant was older than the male turkish beneficiary. I know thats against the human rights telling ppl who to marry or not but thats how it is, you simply have no rights in the immigration process. one can expect some questions which can emberasse you. DS230 Part II is emberassement itself, signing the bottem of the form in front of the officer , simply saying " I am not a terrorist, drug addict, criminal, etc...."

Timeline
Any mistake results in a delay of 5-8 weeks. Especially make sure you handle ds 230 and 864 well , if there is somethig wrong or missing, that will cause you 2 months delay.

Is that the "questionnaire" that you are referring to? I'm not familiar with the numbers...230 and 864.

The stage where my wife and I are at right now is....I was asked by my lawyer to send in tax transcripts/returns.....and w-2's. I have them ready to send, but we were also given a questionnaire to fill out (which I fowarded to my wife in Istanbul). I haven't really looked at it yet, and my wife has only begun to work on it.

I will say that things are going quicker than we both expected. Since we planned for a trip for her here during the holidays and bought her plane tickets a while back, for December, we don't want to cancel that now. So, once she flies back.......then we will send in the the transcipts etc........and we are expecting, after looking at other timelines in this thread, that her interview would be approximately 1 and a half months from when we mail it in. (So, by the way...to answer your question.....if you have already sent in your final forms to the NVC......I would think you'd get your interview around January 15?)

In either case, thanks for your input. It's helpful to us still going through the process.

Edited by MPGGPM

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Timeline

DS 230 Part I and Part II

I-864

these are the forms that you submit after you are done with 3032 , AOS Bill , IV bill.

I864 is basically about the American applicant sponsoring the turkish beneficiary. From what you said what you just gave to your lawyer, I think you are at this stage.

DS230 is some biographic info and Part II is where you say you(the turkish beneficiary) are not a terrorist , drug addict or seller, etc...

Along with DS 230 , you will have to provide the orginals of the birth certificate, marriage certificates, police reports from turkey, etc...

then you should allow 2 to 4 weeks for nvc to review them(usually 3 weeks and couple days ).

If there is any of the above i exlained missing , you will recieve a checklist , which basically tell you whats missing and what you have to provide further. Once you send the missing documents, it takes about 2 months for nvc to complete your case.

I am at this stage right now..its been 2 weeks since NVC got all the papers and forms from me. (and they admited they got them) so i can not tell you anything about whats after.

but from my research , jannuary 15 is a slim to none chance.

Timeline

I had looked at one of the member's timeline. Now...... I know it will vary for each applicant, but according to her timeline (she has a few earlier posts on this thread).......it took her a month and a half from the date she sent in the final paperwork (on April 21) to the time of the interview in Ankara (June 6). So, that was a month and a half turnaround.

Then again...I am going by just one example.......so maybe it's not a typical timeline?

I copied the pertinent parts below. What have you seen that makes you feel it is longer than that?

4/21/06 - Mailed DS230 WOOHOO Come on NVC be quick about it...please??!

4/24/06 - NVC Recv'd I-864 and DS230

5/1/06 - Case Complete....... placed on Admin Processing

5/10/06 - CASE COMPLETE THANK YOU LORD!

5/12/06 - Case is on its way to Ankara!!! woohoo!!

5/16/06 - Delivered case to Ankara!!

6/6/06 - Interview!!!

Edited by MPGGPM

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Timeline

apperantly nvc was really fast in april. Loot at when they recieved I864 ds 230 and when the case was completed? in only 1 week....thats so very uncommon. I say she was really lucky.

well as i said before interview dates and how long apart from nvc completes the case varies a lot. but right now you can go to US embassy ankaras website and see all of the scheduled interviews. The site was updated on nov 21st. and most of the IR1 interviews are on late january and early feb. but remember these IR1 interviews were scheduled about a week or two ago since they update the site every 20 days. so from this info , i guesstimate mine late feb or early march.

and one more info(i think its valuable).....you know everyone talk about how fast things go depends on each case.....well i do not agree with that. here is my proof....My wifes brother got married to a none us citizen about 1 and half month before we did. HE basically used the same financial paper work(he also had his father as co sponsor) but his I864 was processed in no time , ours took 1 ages.(still being processed). SO i dont really think it depends on each case.. it should depend on the nationality of the beneficiary and how busy the nvc is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.