Leedah

Chicago lockbox is ROLLING ALONG NOW!! WOO HOO!!

105 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
hmmm...we sent Oct 2 but haven't heard anything... hmmm.

must have been a SLOW COFFEE DAY IN CHICAGO!!!! :dance:

so i need to ask, someone in this thread said the I-130 will go back to CSC or VSC!! it will not go to the original prcessing center???!! our service center is Nebraska, why would it not go back to there from Chicago??!!

Bill

Because I-130's are only processed by CSC or VSC, and where it gets sent depends on which state you live in. If you look at what type of applications are processed at your service center Nebraska, you'll see that I-130 is not on the list.....meaning they do not handle those type of applications. I'm not sure, but I think it was stated on your I-130 instructions which service center would process your application, based upon what state you live in.

Good luck,

-P

According to the I-130 since I am in Wisconsin it should have been sent to the Nebraska Service Center, though luckily I was keeping up on things and noticed the bit about sending to Chicago no matter what state your in. Since the I-130 instructions stated Nebraska it must have processed them at one time, even if they no longer do so.

I am not trying to start an argument or anything but since you brought up the I-130 instructions on where to send I just wanted to make a note about it.

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey everyone. just got an email that the chicago lockbox center is now processing petitions sent in on Oct.09,07. Alllllllright! About time! That was FAST! They were just processing the September apps only a few days ago, if one day at that. Geez.

I sent mine in on Dec. 11 (received) so I am hoping that it will be getting some "touching and feeling" action in the next two weeks. hahaha. Yeah, I miss my hubby. Can you tell? lol.

Hope this little tidbit helps those that are affected by the LOCKBOX from H.E Double Sticks.

Tootles.

Leedah

WOOHOO!!!! they are up to 10.25.07 at this rate i will get NOA1 in like 2 weeks.. Visit My Website

Bill

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys - just a quick tangential question ... If I file the 129F and 130 together - actually I plan to regardless of the answer here so let me restate ... I will be filing both together ... does this allow me to skip out on sending the forms to the chicago lockbox since they are going in together?? I know "standalone" 130's must be sent to chicago, and I figure the two petitions are separate - so am I sending in a 'standalone' 130 by defitnition or can I send it to vermont?!?!?!?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

NEETU IS HERE!

I-751 Process -

5/24/10 : I-751 Packet sent to VSC

5/26/10 : Delivered to SAINT ALBANS VT 05479 @ 11:46am

5/27/10 : NOA1 Date (based on scanned check image)

5/28/10 : Funds withdrawn from bank account

6/04/10 : NOA1 (I-797) received, confirming above NOA1 receipt date.

7/31/10 : Biometrics letter received - Appointment date of 8/11/10!

8/11/10 : Biometrics done!

8/29/10 : GC received (sometime last week lol)! (WOW!)

Previous timeline of our Busy 2008!!

1/06 : Married my JAAN :)

1/15 : I-130 and I-129F sent to Chicago Lockbox

1/17 : Both petitions received @ Chicago

2/27 : Check cashed & I-130 petition visible on system.

2/29 : Received NOA1's! Notice Date - 2/22/08

5/01 : I-130 APPROVED!!! (But not my I-129F)

5/08 : Got Case # from NVC (received 5/7/08)

5/11 : PAID AOS Fee Online -- I-129F still pending; full speed ahead with I-130!

5/12 : Neetu emailed NVC re: DS-3032 (choice of agent)

5/13 : AOS Status now "PAID" -- AOS PRIORITY MAILED

5/16 : NVC received AOS

5/19 : DS-3032 email accepted & AOS entered in system

5/24 : IV Bill Invoiced and paid online

5/28 : IV Bill status = PAID -- DS-230 EXPRESS MAILED!

5/29 : NVC received DS-230 at 11:01 am

5/30 : DS-230 entered into system

6/03 : CASE COMPLETE - 26 DAYS AFTER NVC RECEIVED I-130

6/10 : Interview scheduled (for 7/9 originally)

6/14 : Interview letter (my copy) received.

6/16 & 6/21 : Medical

7/16 : Interview completed - APPROVED!

7/21 : Neetu picked up passport/brown packet from VFS

7/25 : POE AT EWR!!!

End of Sept: GC received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think you are right - best to just send I-130 to Chicago and at least wait for the check to clear and send a copy of the cancelled check with your I-129 as proof of filing.

Oh gosh don't do that! Checks for I-130's are taking 3, 4, even 5 months to get cashed. I am waiting 90+ days now for a cashed check so I am stuck an unable to file for K3. You will definitely do better to send them both to VSC, and let USCIS reroute your I130, this way, the I129F is not delayed waiting for your check to clear. There is no new rule about waiting for the check to clear. Sending in both forms together is all the evidence you need. Send them both together. :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I think you are right - best to just send I-130 to Chicago and at least wait for the check to clear and send a copy of the cancelled check with your I-129 as proof of filing.

Oh gosh don't do that! Checks for I-130's are taking 3, 4, even 5 months to get cashed. I am waiting 90+ days now for a cashed check so I am stuck an unable to file for K3. You will definitely do better to send them both to VSC, and let USCIS reroute your I130, this way, the I129F is not delayed waiting for your check to clear. There is no new rule about waiting for the check to clear. Sending in both forms together is all the evidence you need. Send them both together. :thumbs:

Why not just pay with money order or certified checks like i did. no waiting for the check to clear and the stub can be verified if they have cashed it or not?

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

so i need to ask, someone in this thread said the I-130 will go back to CSC or VSC!! it will not go to the original prcessing center???!! our service center is Nebraska, why would it not go back to there from Chicago??!!

Bill

Because I-130's are only processed by CSC or VSC, and where it gets sent depends on which state you live in. If you look at what type of applications are processed at your service center Nebraska, you'll see that I-130 is not on the list.....meaning they do not handle those type of applications. I'm not sure, but I think it was stated on your I-130 instructions which service center would process your application, based upon what state you live in.

Good luck,

-P

According to the I-130 since I am in Wisconsin it should have been sent to the Nebraska Service Center, though luckily I was keeping up on things and noticed the bit about sending to Chicago no matter what state your in. Since the I-130 instructions stated Nebraska it must have processed them at one time, even if they no longer do so.

I am not trying to start an argument or anything but since you brought up the I-130 instructions on where to send I just wanted to make a note about it.

I did not file a I-130 and I was not sure, that is why I said I thought the instructions would clarify the correct service center. But on the USCIS website where you download the forms to file, the I-130 page states the following:

Effective December 3, 2007, all petitioners filing stand-alone Form I-130 are encouraged to submit their petitions to the Chicago Lockbox instead of a USCIS Service Center. I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox will be routed to, and adjudicated at, the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence in the United States.

Link

While the USCIS.gov website may not be the most informative, it does merit a quick perusal before filing, to make sure that no deails are missed. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Bill

Good luck,

-P

I did not file a I-130 and I was not sure, that is why I said I thought the instructions would clarify the correct service center. But on the USCIS website where you download the forms to file, the I-130 page states the following:

Effective December 3, 2007, all petitioners filing stand-alone Form I-130 are encouraged to submit their petitions to the Chicago Lockbox instead of a USCIS Service Center. I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox will be routed to, and adjudicated at, the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence in the United States.

Link

While the USCIS.gov website may not be the most informative, it does merit a quick perusal before filing, to make sure that no deails are missed. :)

-P

P-

nice however can i edit that please <waves hand in air>

When they say that the I-130 -----> This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence in the United States.

That part has changed also since some people that should have gone to CSC went to Vermont, others that were to be VSC went to California. Go figure, but just a side bar to their instructions which as most of us know, you can follow most of them but they have the option of changing their minds when the situation warrants without notifying their webmaster.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

As far as I know, there is no "concurrent" filing posibility for the K-3 route, but I could be wrong. The I-129F instructions, as they pertain to the K-3 state:

US citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must also include evidence that they have filed form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on this form and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and alien.

The way I understand this, you must have a NOA1 for the I-130 and then you can file the I-129F. If both are sent at the same time, one risks having the applications rejected outright for "not following instructions" and w/ the amount of time its taking in some instances for the issuance of NOA1's, I would hate to have waited 90+ days only to have my petition sent back to me for lack of following instructions.

-P

Bill

Good luck,

-P

Effective December 3, 2007, all petitioners filing stand-alone Form I-130 are encouraged to submit their petitions to the Chicago Lockbox instead of a USCIS Service Center. I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox will be routed to, and adjudicated at, the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner's place of residence in the United States.

Link

-P

P-

nice however can i edit that please <waves hand in air>

When they say that the I-130 -----> This routing will be based on the petitioner's place of residence in the United States.

That part has changed also since some people that should have gone to CSC went to Vermont, others that were to be VSC went to California. Go figure, but just a side bar to their instructions which as most of us know, you can follow most of them but they have the option of changing their minds when the situation warrants without notifying their webmaster.

Cheers

We must follow their instructions, but they have the liberty to change their minds and do as they please. ;) They would not need to notify their webmaster if the change in processing (such as the sending of some petitions to CSC when they belonged to VSC or vice versa) is a one time situation warranted thing. :)

No rhyme or reason...that's how I keep sane.

-P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Suzie, hi everybody else,

It's a long long trip and patience is the key word even if we all lose it and vent a lot...

Anyways the only experience I can share for sure is that you must not let the immgration process become an issue in your couple. Be patient and support each other through it.

Good luck to you all, oh and look at our timeline, it'll give you an idea...

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Hi Suzie, hi everybody else,

It's a long long trip and patience is the key word even if we all lose it and vent a lot...

Anyways the only experience I can share for sure is that you must not let the immgration process become an issue in your couple. Be patient and support each other through it.

Good luck to you all, oh and look at our timeline, it'll give you an idea...

Hey you,

Yes i saw ...and thank you for the kind words as I know this all too well. I actually printed that out so when I have a moment of insanity with my mate, I can read it over and over and give him a break :devil:

Thank you and best to you and this blasted system......... For to give in is to have never tried.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Help! I am with Paula. The way I understood it from the book I was using (and what I was told by 2 immigration lawyers) is that you *must* wait for the NOA1 from the I-130 to file the I-129. If that is not true, then I could have saved potentially months by sending them off together...

Did anyone have the experience with sending the two packages in together and it worked? If so, was the time significantly less than the people doing it the other way?

This is so frustrating that the rules appear to be a moving target!

Thanks in advance for any insight. At least this could help those who haven't filed yet...

/bb

p.s. I recall seeing another current thread about this "file together or separately" issue, so maybe this topic should be combined with that one??

As far as I know, there is no "concurrent" filing posibility for the K-3 route, but I could be wrong. The I-129F instructions, as they pertain to the K-3 state:

US citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must also include evidence that they have filed form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on this form and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and alien.

The way I understand this, you must have a NOA1 for the I-130 and then you can file the I-129F. If both are sent at the same time, one risks having the applications rejected outright for "not following instructions" and w/ the amount of time its taking in some instances for the issuance of NOA1's, I would hate to have waited 90+ days only to have my petition sent back to me for lack of following instructions.

-P

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for their input. I didn't want to lose time and I also wanted to try to file both together. From what I heard on the phone, the Chicago location would be the one processing the packet - so I sent both there together ... If I had sent them to VSC the whole thing would have been forwarded to the lockbox anyway ... so I didn't want to make the process longer for no reason ... If they reject the concurrent filing of the 129F then I'll just make up a second 129F application and send it in with the canceled check and/or signature verification which I asked for through USPS ... that should work ... I hope I didn't delay my timeline in any manner by taking this route ....

NEETU IS HERE!

I-751 Process -

5/24/10 : I-751 Packet sent to VSC

5/26/10 : Delivered to SAINT ALBANS VT 05479 @ 11:46am

5/27/10 : NOA1 Date (based on scanned check image)

5/28/10 : Funds withdrawn from bank account

6/04/10 : NOA1 (I-797) received, confirming above NOA1 receipt date.

7/31/10 : Biometrics letter received - Appointment date of 8/11/10!

8/11/10 : Biometrics done!

8/29/10 : GC received (sometime last week lol)! (WOW!)

Previous timeline of our Busy 2008!!

1/06 : Married my JAAN :)

1/15 : I-130 and I-129F sent to Chicago Lockbox

1/17 : Both petitions received @ Chicago

2/27 : Check cashed & I-130 petition visible on system.

2/29 : Received NOA1's! Notice Date - 2/22/08

5/01 : I-130 APPROVED!!! (But not my I-129F)

5/08 : Got Case # from NVC (received 5/7/08)

5/11 : PAID AOS Fee Online -- I-129F still pending; full speed ahead with I-130!

5/12 : Neetu emailed NVC re: DS-3032 (choice of agent)

5/13 : AOS Status now "PAID" -- AOS PRIORITY MAILED

5/16 : NVC received AOS

5/19 : DS-3032 email accepted & AOS entered in system

5/24 : IV Bill Invoiced and paid online

5/28 : IV Bill status = PAID -- DS-230 EXPRESS MAILED!

5/29 : NVC received DS-230 at 11:01 am

5/30 : DS-230 entered into system

6/03 : CASE COMPLETE - 26 DAYS AFTER NVC RECEIVED I-130

6/10 : Interview scheduled (for 7/9 originally)

6/14 : Interview letter (my copy) received.

6/16 & 6/21 : Medical

7/16 : Interview completed - APPROVED!

7/21 : Neetu picked up passport/brown packet from VFS

7/25 : POE AT EWR!!!

End of Sept: GC received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.