LindaB

CR-1 interviews now being done in Vancouver!!!!

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hmmm, perhaps we should give NVC a call and double check. I know I will.

Go 4 it. :thumbs: Let us know what happens.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Answer [Ambassador David Wilkins]: While we recognize the expense and inconvenience for persons having to travel long distances for their final immigration interview, the U.S. establishes a single office in each country to process the immigration cases originating in that county. There are no plans to change this. For the foreseeable future all such cases will go through the U.S. Consulate in Montreal.

I guess this means that the Ambassador can't foresee very much. :shrug:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I found this on the Vancouver Consulate site...

Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate in Vancouver no longer processes immigrant visa cases. All immigrant visa cases in Canada are handled by the U.S. Consulate in Montreal.

http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/content/c...cument=applying

I couldn't find any amendment or notice on that site that this is any different now... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good news, just found out that CR-1 interviews are now being done in Vancouver as of Jan 1/08!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called the NVC to find out if our case had been received there yet (sent to them Dec 19/07). She gave a number that started VAC. After I hung up, I wondered why I would get a number that started VAC (if it stood for Vancouver Consulate) if I had to go to Montreal so I called back and got the same person and she told me that VAC did stand for Vancouver Consulate and that Vancouver does immigrant visas. I said to her I had heard that Montreal was the only U.S. Consulate that did immigrant visas. She put me on hold and then came back and said that Vancouver now does immigrant visas. I asked if this was something new and she said yes as of Jan 01/08!

My husband and I are so exciting that I no longer have to go to Montreal! Great for everyone else in Western Canada going for a IR/CR1 too!

Given the rest of this thread LindaB, you might want to check out what type of visa they're trying to process you under. Definitely you need to check this out.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess this means that the Ambassador can't foresee very much. :shrug:

That was kind of my thought too!

Anyway, I emailed both the Montreal and Vancouver consulates last night to check it out, haven't had a response from either yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I hate to be the bearer of the bad news.

This morning, I spoke (with the help of the relay) with Tara at the NVC and she said that Montreal is still the only place to have the I130 interview. :(

Intersting enough, she also mentioned that I have TWO choices on what visa to get, the K3 or the IR1. Even though my I-130 was approved first before I-129f did, the I-129f never got terminated.

Timeline

This morning, I spoke (with the help of the relay) with Tara at the NVC and she said that Montreal is still the only place to have the I130 interview. :(

Intersting enough, she also mentioned that I have TWO choices on what visa to get, the K3 or the IR1. Even though my I-130 was approved first before I-129f did, the I-129f never got terminated.

Well bummer. I kind of suspected that was the case. Just spoke with the department of state and she said that they didn't have that info either - as in any change in the visas Vancouver is processing.

Timeline

Well bummer. I kind of suspected that was the case. Just spoke with the department of state and she said that they didn't have that info either - as in any change in the visas Vancouver is processing.

I was the happiest person alive for about 30 seconds..!!!

LindaB,

Did you find out if they are processing you as a K-3? Did you even turn in an I-129F? I was trying to figure it out from your page, but it looks like you have been going to CR1 route the whole time..

Please please please keep us informed.

Timeline

I was the happiest person alive for about 30 seconds..!!!

LindaB,

Did you find out if they are processing you as a K-3? Did you even turn in an I-129F? I was trying to figure it out from your page, but it looks like you have been going to CR1 route the whole time..

Please please please keep us informed.

Hi everyone, sorry to say it looks like I was given the wrong information last night. Montreal is still the only U.S. Consulate in Canada that does the IR/CR1 visas. They had my file marked for a K visa by mistake when it arrived at the NVC that is why it was assigned to Vancouver. I now have a Montreal case #. How disappointing!!!!!

Sorry to get everyones hopes up.

Hi everyone, sorry to say it looks like I was given the wrong information last night. Montreal is still the only U.S. Consulate in Canada that does the IR/CR1 visas. They had my file marked for a K visa by mistake when it arrived at the NVC that is why it was assigned to Vancouver. I now have a Montreal case #. How disappointing!!!!!

Aww Linda, don't feel bad! I'm glad you got your Montreal case number and everything is cleared up! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Aww Linda, don't feel bad! I'm glad you got your Montreal case number and everything is cleared up! :)

Thanks guys, at least we found out before it got too far along.

Timeline

Yeah don't feel bad at all, no biggie! Seems to me this happened to someone else before as well. I'm sure you are pretty disappointed - it's one thing to kind of hope maybe it's true, it's another thing for someone to say it's true and give you the date it was put in to place!

Well, try to look forward to the trip to Montreal - buy yourself something while you are there :)

Timeline

Yeah don't feel bad at all, no biggie! Seems to me this happened to someone else before as well. I'm sure you are pretty disappointed - it's one thing to kind of hope maybe it's true, it's another thing for someone to say it's true and give you the date it was put in to place!

Well, try to look forward to the trip to Montreal - buy yourself something while you are there :)

Don't feel bad!! It's not your fault!!! Trust me, I have been given the most bogus info from them. If you call 3 different times, you'll get 3 different answers. I'm glad its all cleared up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.