luv2teach77

Fats, cholesterol and the lipid hypothesis

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This artcile will make interesting reading for anyone currently buying low fat products because of the claims that the manufacturers make regarding their health benefits !!

Article

I'm heading out to buy some Olive Oil and Butter !!

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I didn't click on the link sorry, but do know that when something says "low-fat", it usually means "lots of hidden other stuff which we're not gonna advertise". And "sugar-free" means "has fructose ingredients which is actually a million times worse"....and hurts your teeth like hell!!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I didn't click on the link sorry, but do know that when something says "low-fat", it usually means "lots of hidden other stuff which we're not gonna advertise". And "sugar-free" means "has fructose ingredients which is actually a million times worse"....and hurts your teeth like hell!!

Exactly !!

:)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

:yes: i agree..i heard this for awhile.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

I know this will sound like I'm exaggerating, but I can't eat any U.S. candy or sweets as I get pains in my teeth...ouch!! But, I can eat Cadbury's chocolate like there's no tomorrow and my teeth feel perfectly fine :wacko:

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

Filed: Other Timeline

some good points in that article which are all summed up at the end of it

Read food labels.

Consume whole, unprocessed foods.

Don’t consume any product that contains trans fat.

Don’t be fooled by products that advertise “zero trans fat.” Always read the ingredient list and if “hydrogenated vegetable oil,” “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil” or “shortening” are listed, understand that it has trans fat. By law, companies can claim “zero” if there is .5 grams or less of trans fat per serving. There is no safe level of trans fat.

Don’t consume any product that contains vegetable oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil or shortening listed as one of the ingredients.

Only use oils that are labeled “Cold Pressed,” “Expellar Pressed” or “Extra Virgin.”

Consume eggs laid by free range chickens. They are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, and vitamins A, D and E.

Use peanut oil, sesame oil or olive oil for cooking if you do not want to use animal fats. These oils can also be used for one-time frying.

Use coconut oil for cooking or frying. It’s very stable, and has strong antimicrobial properties.

Use butter, not margarine.

Don’t use trans fat-free spreads. They are still made with highly processed oils that are rancid.

Keep your consumption of polyunsaturated fats to a minimum. They are high in omega-6 fatty acids.

Consume meat.

Don’t eat like a vegetarian. We do not possess multiple stomachs, nor do we chew cud. Our stomachs produce hydrochloric acid, which is not found in herbivores. We are omnivores. There are essential nutrients in animal products that cannot be gotten in sufficient amounts by eating plants.

Don’t feed your children a low-fat diet. If they’re fat, it’s because they sit on their asses too much and eat too much junk. Not coincidentally, these are the same two reasons many adult Americans are overweight.

Supplement your diet with vitamins and other nutrients: A, D, E and C, CoQ10, fish oil (omega-3), selenium.

Don’t smoke.

Exercise at least three days per week.

I will also add, dont eat or drink anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. Studies have shown that this could be a major contributor to the expanding waiste bands of America. (hfcs is a US phenomenon, rarely used anywhere else) Its in just about everything, and I've learned that food and drink companies are using it now because it is cheaper to process than other sugars, and it is sweeter than other sugars, so they can use less of it, thereby saving themselves more money. Which, incidently, they don't seem to be passing on the savings to the consumer. :P

Some studies have shown that hfcs is so over processed that somehow during the processing it triggers something in the chemical makeup of the corn syrup that when consumed, triggers the "off" switch to our brains that tells us when we're full. So when we consume anything with hfcs, we consume more, because we don't know we're full.

HFCS was added as a sweetener sometime in the 70s, and obesity rates in America has been going up ever since. Which makes sense, as it truely is in pretty much *everything* and sweets (soda/pop, snacks, processed foods) are being consumed more than ever before.

I spend over an hour now every time I go to the grocery store because I'm reading lables of everything I buy. Its difficult, and a major pain in the #######, but I'm tellin' ya, I do feel better now that I've stopped eating so much of it, and I've limited my pop intake considerably. (that addiction to bubbly caffein is tought to beat! :whistle: ) My clothes also fit better now, and soon I will be able to buy a smaller size! :D

I also learned that dark colas (Coke, Pepsi, RC etc) can be detrimental to high blood pressure. Its not the caffein, its something else. Clear/coloured sodas like Mountain Dew (which has more caffein than Coke) do not have the same blood pressure elevating effect. The article I read recommended a switch to iced/sweet tea if you have to have cold caffein drinks.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I know this will sound like I'm exaggerating, but I can't eat any U.S. candy or sweets as I get pains in my teeth...ouch!! But, I can eat Cadbury's chocolate like there's no tomorrow and my teeth feel perfectly fine :wacko:

good for you and your sweet tooth sister

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

One thing that the government did get right was the food pyramid.

They've been telling us since kindergarten.... eat three squares a day and play outside, and you'll be healthy.

Eat right, exercise. It's that simple. Why does everyone think it's so hard to figure out?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
One thing that the government did get right was the food pyramid.

They've been telling us since kindergarten.... eat three squares a day and play outside, and you'll be healthy.

Eat right, exercise. It's that simple. Why does everyone think it's so hard to figure out?

I think people are just looking for the easy way out..i.e. no exercise

Fats, cholesterol and the lipid hypothesis, I have all those, do I win something? :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I remember my science teacher telling us when I was in 5th grade that it's better to eat butter because your body recognizes it's chemical make up or something, but does not know what to do with margarine/fake butter! Well anyway ever since that day I have avoided margarine. It's one of those weird things that stuck with me. :lol: We keep real butter in the house! Just can't eat a lot of it. We're not very healthy overall tho... :whistle:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

HFCS are in UK foods as well.

I never knew that eating sugar made you put weight on round your middle - til I started lookin into it - now, despite my major sweet tooth, I dont use sugar in coffee any more (used to be 3 spoons per CUP! lol) and I try to eat proper food - the kind you have to prepare, and wholemeal bread. Still can't do wholemeal pasta tho - it tastes yukky

Mayo btw, full fat not reduced, is ok for you cos it has 'good fats', ditto eggs and peanuts so its not all bad news :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

I remember my science teacher telling us when I was in 5th grade that it's better to eat butter because your body recognizes it's chemical make up or something, but does not know what to do with margarine/fake butter! Well anyway ever since that day I have avoided margarine. It's one of those weird things that stuck with me. :lol: We keep real butter in the house! Just can't eat a lot of it. We're not very healthy overall tho... :whistle:

:thumbs: same here...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

I never knew that eating sugar made you put weight on round your middle - til I started lookin into it - now, despite my major sweet tooth, I dont use sugar in coffee any more (used to be 3 spoons per CUP! lol) and I try to eat proper food - the kind you have to prepare, and wholemeal bread. Still can't do wholemeal pasta tho - it tastes yukky

Mayo btw, full fat not reduced, is ok for you cos it has 'good fats', ditto eggs and peanuts so its not all bad news :)

According to some, sugar is poision! :o

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

According to some, sugar is poision! :o

yeap..i have several friends who say sugar...is white poison and honey is better..

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg