Imua

Address to send combined K-3/CR-1 package

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

If I am sending in the I-129F and I-130 forms together then I still send it to the VSC rather than the Chicago lockbox, correct? IIRC the Chicago lockbox address is only for 'standalone' I-130s. I am writing my cover letter as I sit here and just wanted to double-check with recent filers - thanks!!!

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm wonderng why you are sending both forms together. I thought you will send in the I-130 first and wait for NOA from USCIS before you send in the I-129F. Because you are not suppose to file 1-129F without the NOA letter. That what makes "I-130 standalone". Others, please let me know if I'm right.

Edited by For Debbie

Immigrant Visa picked up in Lagos on 03/18/09

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if you can mail them together or not but according to this it says you should send the K3 to the same service center you sent the I-130 to...

Form I-129F Filing Locations for K-3 Spouse

If you are filing an I-129F petition for your spouse, mail your petition to the Service Center where the underlying-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

In addition, U.S. citizens petitioning for K-3visas for their alien spouses must also include evidence that they have filed Form I-130, Petition for alien relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on this form,and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and alien.
Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If I am sending in the I-129F and I-130 forms together then I still send it to the VSC rather than the Chicago lockbox, correct? IIRC the Chicago lockbox address is only for 'standalone' I-130s. I am writing my cover letter as I sit here and just wanted to double-check with recent filers - thanks!!!

USCIS has not made this crystal clear but my current interpretation of "stand alone" is that they mean "not with I-485" etc. When filing for AOS, many I'130's go in with the AOS paperwork. So I would mail to the lock box.

For those still curious about filing the petitions together, even though we've been discussing this since July, there are no clear instructions to file the petitions together. Before, they were processed at different service centers, so were mailed to different addresses. Since they started processing them together and the instructions say to provide evidence of filing (not specifically the NOA1) some surmised, "What better evidence than the petition in the same envelope. Many have subsequently done likewise with success.

At the same time, many have been advising couples to take a hard look at just filing the I-130 and skipping the I-129f/K3.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Ugh, still so confusing.... So to be safe I should just file the I-130 only (send to Chi lockbox) and wait for NOA1 to file I-129F(to VSC) if we want to go the K-3 route? And here I just wrote a lovely description of our love story for question #18 on the I-129F where I also addressed our age difference and quick marriage... :) I guess it will be good to have it ready when the time comes.

Timeline
Ugh, still so confusing.... So to be safe I should just file the I-130 only (send to Chi lockbox) and wait for NOA1 to file I-129F(to VSC) if we want to go the K-3 route? And here I just wrote a lovely description of our love story for question #18 on the I-129F where I also addressed our age difference and quick marriage... :) I guess it will be good to have it ready when the time comes.

Its a judgment call all the way but if you decide you really want the K3 instead of CR1, and you're afraid to file them together, I would only wait until I could print a copy of the front and back of the cancelled check and then use that for evidence of filing. The NOA1's for I-130's are taking a long time now.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Its a judgment call all the way but if you decide you really want the K3 instead of CR1, and you're afraid to file them together, I would only wait until I could print a copy of the front and back of the cancelled check and then use that for evidence of filing. The NOA1's for I-130's are taking a long time now.

hi Rani

i would recommend file both together incase you want to go the K3 route, if not file just the I130.

to summarize if you do intend going the K3 route, apply both together for these reasons:

1. USCIS seems to be going by I129F filing date to start your processing so immagine the scenario you file I130 and you get your NOA1 in 3 months and you file your I129F after 3 months, the following are situations for delay:

1. Your I130 might not get adjudicated since now its tied to I129F even if your processing dates are current as per the schedule.

2. You might get delayed and both would be approved together but you would be forced to pursue the I129F- K3 route.

I know it sounds confusing and quite involving, I would recommend spend a few days/hours your call and research the entire flowchart and process and areas for delays. I wish I had done this and never started this in USA and stayed in India and gone DCF route - consular route. Neverthless, here i'm and want to share my 2cents of the story.

just try to research it a bit before sending those papers together. look for some good karma dates for filing the application :)

cheers and best of luck,

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

My exact reason for wanting to file both together. As you may recall I had intially thought we would definitely go for the CR-1 but seeing how long it is taking I-130s to go through even to NOA1 now I am actually thinking of K-3 if it would mean there is a chance Govinda might get his interview in the summer when I can be there with him and he would be here by Thanksgiving.

Timeline

My exact reason for wanting to file both together. As you may recall I had intially thought we would definitely go for the CR-1 but seeing how long it is taking I-130s to go through even to NOA1 now I am actually thinking of K-3 if it would mean there is a chance Govinda might get his interview in the summer when I can be there with him and he would be here by Thanksgiving.

I'm not certain that delayed NOA1's equate with delayed processing. It seems to be a receipting issue, not a processing issue.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, you ought to be confused when we all have constructive ideas and suggestions that seems conflicting. Interestingly because I will be filing mine next week. My understanding is that I-130 and I129F are to be sent to different addresses and not just for evidence of filing I-130 forst. So why will they be sent in the same envelope as some one has suggested here for you.

Please on Monday try and call USCIS and pose this question to them. They are friendly.

Call back and talk to second person to make sure you are getting the same answer. Please let us know. it is most cases better to be late than sorry.

Immigrant Visa picked up in Lagos on 03/18/09

You are right - it seems like everyone is saying smething different. I am only going based on what I have read here, that recently people have filed both together in the same envelope and everything has gone smoothly so far, at least no problems related to filing both together. I think they filed before USCIS told people to send all I-130s to the Chi lockbox, that was my confusion. I will call USCIS on Monday and let ppl here know what they say. If I am unable to get through or get a clear answer I am tempted to go with pushbrk's suggestion to file the I-130(at Chi lockbox) and then when the check clears file the I-129F(at VSC) with a copy of the cancelled check as proof of filing the I-130 - seems like that seems to be obeying the written rules(submitting proof of filing I-130) without having to wait until the NOA1.

Yes, you ought to be confused when we all have constructive ideas and suggestions that seems conflicting. Interestingly because I will be filing mine next week. My understanding is that I-130 and I129F are to be sent to different addresses and not just for evidence of filing I-130 forst. So why will they be sent in the same envelope as some one has suggested here for you.

Please on Monday try and call USCIS and pose this question to them. They are friendly.

Call back and talk to second person to make sure you are getting the same answer. Please let us know. it is most cases better to be late than sorry.

Timeline

This will clear up some of your misunderstanding.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

Google Who is Pushbrk?

In my last post I meant to say 'CLEARED' check and didn't realize the mistake until too late to edit - d'oh!!

I read the press release and basically my understanding is that all I-129Fs now go to either CSC or VSC depending on where the USC lives and not to the Chicago lockbox. Also,it makes no difference whether they are submitted for a fiance or spouse visa. No mention of I-130s, however, which I believe all need to go to Chicago. As I said, I will call the USCIS customer service # on Monday and hopefully get through to a live human being who can clarify the issue and write back here with what they tell me, but in the meantime unless they tell me differently my plan is to submit the I-130 to the Chicago lockbox and when the check is cleared I will submit the I-129F to VSC along with a copy of the CLEARED ;) check.

Filing the !-130 and I-129f together was a suggestion to petitioners by the USCIS before the fee changes. There has been a few petitions returned. You can read one experience hear.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=86207&st=0

The problem with waiting for 3 to 4 months for the USCIS to receipt the I-130 is that it negates the savings in time for filing a K3. Some petitioners have had success sending in the I-129f with a copy of the delivery notice of the I-130 packet. But as usual,the USCIS is not consistant in its processes and some petitioners have had problems.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filing the !-130 and I-129f together was a suggestion to petitioners by the USCIS before the fee changes. There has been a few petitions returned. You can read one experience hear.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=86207&st=0

The problem with waiting for 3 to 4 months for the USCIS to receipt the I-130 is that it negates the savings in time for filing a K3. Some petitioners have had success sending in the I-129f with a copy of the delivery notice of the I-130 packet. But as usual,the USCIS is not consistant in its processes and some petitioners have had problems.

OK, I have decided to file the I-130 alone, send it by Priority Mail to Chicago with signature confirmation(if that can be sent to a PO box, I know delivery confirmation can) and wait for the check to clear. I will then send a copy of the signature receipt and cancelled check with my I-129 to VSC without waiting for NOA1. I figure time-wise I don't have anything to lose that way. At most if my I-129F is rejected I will have to wait the current 3-month period for I-130 NOA1 to refile at which point I will just say 'ke garne'(ask a Nepali) :lol: and just wait for the CR-1. I was really hoping to be in KTM for my guy's interview since we have some red flags and I think my presence there might make a difference, not only in the CO's mind but in hubby's confidence level. If the interview is scheduled after the end of August though, that won't be possible. Ke garne...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.