Dr. A ♥ O

The unfortunate letter

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, I feel so bad for his situation. He's the one that has to endure the egyptian military. Poor guy.

:(

that sucks! :ranting: i hope he is able to find a way out of it (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Unfortunately, that's part of life as a young man in Egypt -- most have to do their time in the army. Sorry it caught up with you before you finished your process.

There are a few ways to possibly get around it -- like if he was an only son, or if y'all paid the rashwa, or if his family has a lot of wasta. But most guys just have to go and do their duty.

As you already mentioned, the delay will give you a chance to finish school and at least make a start on getting established before he comes. But I know it's so very hard to be apart from your husband for such a long time.

Sorry again about the unfortunate news -- bad timing !!! But hang in there. You will survive this.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember a few months back you were contemplating moving there for the summer...I think it was for last summer though. Can you do that for this summer so at least you can spend some time together while he's in the military? Aside from that maybe take out a small loan from a relative for the $4,000?

I personally never had to deal with that but my husband's 35 so between that and the fact that he's an only son it was one of the things we didn't have to worry about. I feel for you. (F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm really sorry to read your news. I hope you find the answers you are seeking. It's good to see you are being positive should he have to serve his time. Good Luck to you both.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
They're exempt at 30 and he's 29. He is one of three sons. We don't have the money to pay and in my family we don't ask each for sums of money like that. It just isn't done. I feel really bad for him. He had to endure several interviews already with them and we were hoping they wouldn't take him because he was married to a USC and his sister and her husband and their two daughter live and work in the US. We thought this information would be enough reason for Egypt National Security not to take him. Well apparently it doesn't matter to them and the policy is they take all doctors because they need them more. I was afraid of this but also knew it was a risk we might face and now here we are. Unless by some mirical he is let out it seems like he is going to have to serve. I was going to go there for the summer to be with him and that is still under discussion until we have more facts. His Mom has already offered that I come live with them for the summer which is very sweet of her. My biggest concern now is what happens to our visa process? The applications are at the NVC and next go to the Embassy and if they send the packet and interview date while he's in "lock down" what are we supposed to do?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm so sorry about this situation. I'm shocked that you can get out of it for only $4,000. I say "only" because it's the price of a year+ with your SO. Is there nowhere you can get that kind of loan? Aren't you a student? Aren't you eligible for any more loans? I only ask because if it were me I would find any way possible to get that 4k. I really hope you don't take this as rude. It's just concern.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm so sorry about this situation. I'm shocked that you can get out of it for only $4,000. I say "only" because it's the price of a year+ with your SO. Is there nowhere you can get that kind of loan? Aren't you a student? Aren't you eligible for any more loans? I only ask because if it were me I would find any way possible to get that 4k. I really hope you don't take this as rude. It's just concern.

I totally agree. You could even try prosper.com. Though I'm probably not one to be giving advice on financial matters.

Sorry, Olivia. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.