hitchoo

Factors i've noticed about issuing visas in MENA

200 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
The elderly woman in your latest pix WOM looks like Waleed's Grandma on his Mom's side.

So what the family has to say is important because Egypt is considered a high fraud consulate and it's up to the discretion of the interviewer when they come knocking?

Why is Egypt such a high fraud consulate? Is it so bad there they would do anything to get out?

Well, as I said, family approval seems to have been identified as something that *certain* consulates look at more closely than others, but it's certainly not the only factor, and I doubt it's the most significant one. It's just another of many pieces of the puzzle. And yes -- it's up to the discretion of the CO to issue or refuse to issue a visa, or to require further information before deciding -- that's their job.

As far as what makes Egypt a high fraud consulate -- well, I'm not an expert. But consulates that have been identified as having a high incidence of fraudulent cases seem to share certain traits -- a very large population, a poor economy, and a very high unemployment rate.

But even with that said, there must be something more going on, because not all countries that match this description are considered high-fraud. Perhaps there are cultural factors ? I don't know....

You know, I think the family approval is #######. As we know the family can be in on it, or the family could not approve, so what. I know a couple they are engaged. He is middle eastern israeli USC, she is american USC. There is no immigration to contend with. He is rich, she doesnt have any of her own money. His parents do NOT approve and wont come to the wedding, and (supposedly) he is going to do it anyway. So if he wasnt a USC and lived over there and it was the same situation and she was trying to bring him here that would mean visa fraud? I dont even think it should be a factor - especially since they are moving away from the not approving parents! He also comes from a culture where family is everything, so its not like his parents opinion doesnt matter. He just realizes its bigoted and irrelevant and is being a big boy and doing what he wants with his life.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The elderly woman in your latest pix WOM looks like Waleed's Grandma on his Mom's side.

So what the family has to say is important because Egypt is considered a high fraud consulate and it's up to the discretion of the interviewer when they come knocking?

Why is Egypt such a high fraud consulate? Is it so bad there they would do anything to get out?

Well, as I said, family approval seems to have been identified as something that *certain* consulates look at more closely than others, but it's certainly not the only factor, and I doubt it's the most significant one. It's just another of many pieces of the puzzle. And yes -- it's up to the discretion of the CO to issue or refuse to issue a visa, or to require further information before deciding -- that's their job.

As far as what makes Egypt a high fraud consulate -- well, I'm not an expert. But consulates that have been identified as having a high incidence of fraudulent cases seem to share certain traits -- a very large population, a poor economy, and a very high unemployment rate.

But even with that said, there must be something more going on, because not all countries that match this description are considered high-fraud. Perhaps there are cultural factors ? I don't know....

You know, I think the family approval is #######. As we know the family can be in on it, or the family could not approve, so what. I know a couple they are engaged. He is middle eastern israeli USC, she is american USC. There is no immigration to contend with. He is rich, she doesnt have any of her own money. His parents do NOT approve and wont come to the wedding, and (supposedly) he is going to do it anyway. So if he wasnt a USC and lived over there and it was the same situation and she was trying to bring him here that would mean visa fraud? I dont even think it should be a factor - especially since they are moving away from the not approving parents! He also comes from a culture where family is everything, so its not like his parents opinion doesnt matter. He just realizes its bigoted and irrelevant and is being a big boy and doing what he wants with his life.

Sounds good in the real world doesn't it? Unfortunately the consulates do it they way they want.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Timeline

To me it does not matter what either of our families think feel or say.But I guess to the government if ppl are in a serious relationship in most cases 98% just my guess the people involved in the relationship talks about the relationship to the family members and it is reasonable to say the parties involved would make introductions.In my case my family is really laid back and they don't really care as long as he is not lying to get a green card.And as far as I know Ashraf's family is ok with our relationship.Won't really know until I go to Egypt which I hope is soon.I mainly think it is because the government is so slow and that they seriously need to reorganize but I know that won't happen I am not that naive or stupid.Supposedly the increase in fees were to help hire more ppl to help with the backlog.Myself and a friend of mine who's finacee is from Pakistan thinks the increase in fee is to try to weed out more fraud cases.High fraud in Egypt is probably true but Ashraf is fine living there and staying with his family,he really wants me to move there but I am not feeling that idea.

post-38097-1200074180_thumb.jpg

Love.Live.Learn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok.....I read earlier in this thread that parental approval is important....my finacee does not have that......are we in trouble ?....they not only would not approve.....they dont know.......sigh.....am gettin more and more depressed over this everyday !

One of the reasons listed on our denial was that there were no family at the wedding. Funny, if they would have asked who the people were at the wedding he could have told them it was his family. Why don't they know?

ok.....I read earlier in this thread that parental approval is important....my finacee does not have that......are we in trouble ?....they not only would not approve.....they dont know.......sigh.....am gettin more and more depressed over this everyday !

Don't worry too much about that. I personally don't think it's that big of a deal, and how would the Consulate even know unless you specifically told them that. Don't worry! If you have a friend who has spent time with you guys and they can write you a letter that can't help but otherwise don't sweat that. A lot of families aren't too excited about their choices but in the end they pretty much always come around. It's a red flag that the Consulate won't necessarily know about, unlike a large age difference for example.

I love how you manage to throw your favorite topic into the mix. :bonk:

interesting topic... :unsure:

i'm not taking any sides...but i just wanted to say, i'm an american-born egyptian and i have a sis who was married to a european guy a few years back...when they visited egypt together....lots and lots of men would stare and make comments, like "what's wrong with us that you had to go marry a foreigner???????????"....and other things like that..

also, when i walked with my husband in egypt..we got stares---i don't really look egyptian and also, i guess people can tell that i'm not from there from the way i dress and things like that...i wouldn't say they were jealous...just surprised maybe...

but when i visited my husband's hometown where he grew up, we got "different kinds of stares" from the women...the town is pretty small and everyone knows each other and my husband is pretty successful and very good looking :blush: ....anyway...so his sisters were saying that the girls were kind of jealous that he chose me because they've been around for years and yet he married a "foreigner"...

so, its not alwayssss jealousy....but it may very possibly be...

:thumbs:

It may be jealousy, it may not. Who can really say for sure unless we can read their minds? My husband was in a Moroccan chat room a while back and there was a woman on there that stated how it made her mad to see Moroccan men proudly displaying their American wives on their arms. She said that it pisses her off that they don't pick a woman of their own kind. Then of course she went on to say how eventually these men would divorce their wives and go back to their own kind. Now that statement seems arrogant to me.

I'm glad you're glad. :) I'm also glad that you noticed. Thanks! :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds good in the real world doesn't it? Unfortunately the consulates do it they way they want.

I agree it shouldn't make much of a difference but it does.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.