mateo

July Filers - Any Approvals?

27 posts in this topic

I filed in July and my I-797 has a received date of 25 July, the web says 30 Aug as the received date. Thats about the time I received the I-797.

Just getting curious who has received their NOA2 already.

M.

We almost have the same dates. My received date is July 24, 2007 and NOA1 Notice Date is August 30. As at date, we haven't gotten our NOA2 yet.

There's another thread that tracks I-130 (Filed/NOA1 to NOA2), it's quite good to track who has moved and who hasn't. You can probably do a search to find it. Sorry am not sure how to give you a link to the thread in this post.

~Sunshine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My reciept date for my I-130 NOA1 is July 12th and I have not yet been approved. We were going for the K3 but have since had our Senator's office "admistratively" cancel the I-129F. We decided it was best for our situation to just go with the CR-1. Looking back, maybe we should've just left everything alone and just waited it out because now I can't help thinking that this action has caused some sort of delay. I'm told by an immigration officer at USCIS that I can call back January 12th and they'll put in a request for information to the California Service Center to see what the hold up is. The problem is that they have 30 days to answer. So there goes another month. My situation is a bit different than most though, I am here in Italy WITH my husband. It's a great place to be "stuck" while awaiting our return, but I'm ready to get on with life, settle in, start a family, all the things we are all waiting for. Check out my time line. I haven't figured out how to but it at the bottome of my post, but it's all updated.

I'll keep ya' posted.

Visit My Website

Timeline:

02/07/2014-Filed I-130 in Rome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I am also still waiting . I am now checking USCIS 200 times a day again like I did when I first sent in my petition. I have my wife preparing all the documents already. I just wish they would get it over with already!!!!

The good news is. I can add my wife to my taxes this year for more proof of relationship LOL always look at the bright side of life :-)

I am curious, too, as to how you can include your wife on your taxes. If this is right, I would have to tell my husband to include me on his, too!

Form W-7. You can download it from the internet. Just google it. As a matter of a fact, it is a requirement!

Edited by chilton747

met online November 18, 2004 (my mother's birthday)

first visit February 7, 2005

filed I-129F 3/2005

receipt confirmed 4/29/05

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

interview failed with white slip

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

filed I-130 for CR1 July 12, 2007

NOA1 received July 26, 2007

fifth visit October 28, 2007

1st wedding anniversary November 6, 2007

NOA2 received March 8, 2008

I am also still waiting . I am now checking USCIS 200 times a day again like I did when I first sent in my petition. I have my wife preparing all the documents already. I just wish they would get it over with already!!!!

The good news is. I can add my wife to my taxes this year for more proof of relationship LOL always look at the bright side of life :-)

I am curious, too, as to how you can include your wife on your taxes. If this is right, I would have to tell my husband to include me on his, too!

Form W-7. You can download it from the internet. Just google it. As a matter of a fact, it is a requirement!

Oh wow, my husband didnt even know this! I will do as you said and google it. Will be back later to ask for more information. Hey, do you think he can still include me in time for April 15 ITR filing? Or are we already too late? :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just look at the 1040. It states clearly "You MUST include SSN" If you do not have one you MUST file single. Its the same if you buy a house while you are married and your spouse does not have a Tax ID or SSN, you must be listed as unmarried, simply because you are a number first when it comes to Credit, Banks, and the IRS.

IR-1 Visa, I-130

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage: 2002-02-02

DCF:

Interview: 2008-04-02

POE: 2008-04-11

While what you said (above) makes sense, looking at the form W7 does say that the form is to be used by individuals who are not US Citizens or Permanent Residents. It says further and I quote:

Before you begin:

-Do not submit this form if you have, or are eligible to obtain, a U.S. social security number (SSN)

-Getting an ITIN does not change your immigration status or your right to work in the United States and does not make you eligible for the earned income credit

We're definitely looking into this.

Timeline

The fact is that you need either a SSN or a ITIN for the foreign spouse. I know I did this last year and will do it again this year. It is the law according to the IRS. Yes Sunshine you two can file married jointly no problem as long as you have an ITIN which is obtainable with the form W7.

filed I-129F 3/2005

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
While what you said (above) makes sense, looking at the form W7 does say that the form is to be used by individuals who are not US Citizens or Permanent Residents. It says further and I quote:

Before you begin:

-Do not submit this form if you have, or are eligible to obtain, a U.S. social security number (SSN)

-Getting an ITIN does not change your immigration status or your right to work in the United States and does not make you eligible for the earned income credit

We're definitely looking into this.

If your husband really wants to claim you and you feel that this will not hamper any process for your GC and eventual SSN you can apply under the section that indicates

-An alien spouse eligible to be claimed as an exemption on a U.S. tax return who is not eligible to obtain an SSN.

I have never done this because I have used the 2555 foreign tax exemption and never needed to claim also be wary of financial institutions they do not treat Tax IDs like SSNs.

Depending on how much you made as a couple the difference can be substantial. There are good 1040 tax calculators out there to see how much of a difference and if it is worth the hassle for you

Here is one

http://www.dinkytown.net/java/Tax1040.html

IR-1 Visa, I-130

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage: 2002-02-02

DCF:

Interview: 2008-04-02

POE: 2008-04-11

Case completed at NVC 17-Dec-07. Awaiting interview date or further instructions.

I would recommend that you do not wait to receive instructions in the post, once the automated system says that an instruction has been generated, you can put together all its requirements and send it to NVC. The only exception to this rule is the IV Bill.

Read up on Jame's Shortcut V2.0 aka JSC V2.0. Hope this helps. :)

T

Thanks and I have heard of this but what is a IV Bill?

The IV Bill is the immigration visa fee which is required from petitioner/beneficiary. You can not make this payment without the NVC generated invoice.

To understand when in the NVC process this takes place see the NVC flowchart at http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Hope this was helpful.

T

There is a recent thread that discusses Income Tax filing for married couples. For those who's interview is going to be close to thier 2nd anniversary, you could be issued an IR visa which means the 10 yr. Green Card and not having to go through removing conditions.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Timeline
Case completed at NVC 17-Dec-07. Awaiting interview date or further instructions.

I would recommend that you do not wait to receive instructions in the post, once the automated system says that an instruction has been generated, you can put together all its requirements and send it to NVC. The only exception to this rule is the IV Bill.

Read up on Jame's Shortcut V2.0 aka JSC V2.0. Hope this helps. :)

T

Thanks and I have heard of this but what is a IV Bill?

The IV Bill is the immigration visa fee which is required from petitioner/beneficiary. You can not make this payment without the NVC generated invoice.

To understand when in the NVC process this takes place see the NVC flowchart at http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Hope this was helpful.

T

Yes T this is helpful and thanks!!!!!

filed I-129F 3/2005

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

There is a recent thread that discusses Income Tax filing for married couples. For those who's interview is going to be close to thier 2nd anniversary, you could be issued an IR visa which means the 10 yr. Green Card and not having to go through removing conditions.

Interesting. My husband and I will have our 2nd wedding anniversary in July. From the way things are going right now, I think our interview will just be around that date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.