polarbear

Thursday!

194 posts in this topic

given how long the posters in question have been posting on this board (ie, they all know each other, and what each other's feelings are about this), and how clear they've made it in past threads that they don't wish to discuss this part of their personal lives, and have not written anything contradictory to that stance, i can see how those persistently targeted on this subject could find it sick.

Persistently? It was mentioned once. Either way the issue is more so with the messenger and not the message.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
given how long the posters in question have been posting on this board (ie, they all know each other, and what each other's feelings are about this), and how clear they've made it in past threads that they don't wish to discuss this part of their personal lives, and have not written anything contradictory to that stance, i can see how those persistently targeted on this subject could find it sick.

Persistently? It was mentioned once. Either way the issue is more so with the messenger and not the message.

I'd say it's both. You'll have to excuse me if I do not feel comfortable having men whom I do not know speculate on when I will become pregnant. I simply asked to not be included in such a list, lest some poll be started with my name. I really don't think it's too much to ask to not participate. You can all do what you like.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dentist_Surgeon_3.jpg

life sucks

:crying: I have to get 3 root canals!!!! 1. for the one that was started last month for the mystery pain 2. for another tooth 3. for one I already had a root canal on that failed ... really am upset I can't believe this :crying: and still the freaking visa is no where in sight.

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

I'd say it's both. You'll have to excuse me if I do not feel comfortable having men whom I do not know speculate on when I will become pregnant. I simply asked to not be included in such a list, lest some poll be started with my name. I really don't think it's too much to ask to not participate. You can all do what you like.

With all due respect, like I said before you may not be comfortable with it and that is your choice but I don't see it as sick behavior at all. To be quite honest, I think if someone else made the same statment that Charles made that no one would have called that person sick. I've been a MENA member for a long time and I know how things work around here. Certain people are allowed to say whatever they want and others simply get called out for everything and anything they say.

BTW no one made a poll with your name, it had my name in it and I clearly don't have a problem with it.

Edited by ♥JP♥

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

With all due respect, like I said before you may not be comfortable with it and that is your choice but I don't see it as sick behavior at all. To be quite honest, I think if someone else made the same statment that Charles made that no one would have called that person sick. I've been a MENA member for a long time and I know how things work around here. Certain people are allowed to say whatever they want and others simply get called out for everything and anything they say.

BTW no one made a poll with your name, it had my name in it and I clearly don't have a problem with it.

Yes, I am aware no one made a poll with my name, which is why I said that I voiced my objection before that occurred. And for the record, I didn't call anyone sick. It seems like you have your eye on a certain member just as you are accusing those who objected to doing.

Was it really too much to ask to not be discussed in such a way? Shall I make a list of people who I think might have yeast infections next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ouch! :help:

Dentist_Surgeon_3.jpg

life sucks

:crying: I have to get 3 root canals!!!! 1. for the one that was started last month for the mystery pain 2. for another tooth 3. for one I already had a root canal on that failed ... really am upset I can't believe this :crying: and still the freaking visa is no where in sight.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Yes, I am aware no one made a poll with my name, which is why I said that I voiced my objection before that occurred. And for the record, I didn't call anyone sick. It seems like you have your eye on a certain member just as you are accusing those who objected to doing.

Was it really too much to ask to not be discussed in such a way? Shall I make a list of people who I think might have yeast infections next?

Actually I don't have my eye on any member. But many of you do and have been holding a grudge for quite some time now. The comment charles made was a light hearted one that meant no ill will. If you or anyone else didnt care for it or don't want to be included in it thats fine. I think if you communicated that to him, I doubt he would say it again. It just sucks that people can't say anything around here anymore without someone complaining. People having babies and being pregnant is a joyous occasion.

There is a huge difference between yeast infections and being happy about Mena babies.

Timeline

Actually I don't have my eye on any member. But many of you do and have been holding a grudge for quite some time now. The comment charles made was a light hearted one that meant no ill will. If you or anyone else didnt care for it or don't want to be included in it thats fine. I think if you communicated that to him, I doubt he would say it again. It just sucks that people can't say anything around here anymore without someone complaining. People having babies and being pregnant is a joyous occasion.

There is a huge difference between yeast infections and being happy about Mena babies.

But the similarity is that it's a personal thing that people should be able to say if they don't want to be involved in the conversation. I'm sure he didn't mean any ill will as well, I just asked not to be included. I did communicate that to him, and was told to lighten up. Is it that hard to say, "ok, no problem" and then continue the discussion without me being involved?

I'm happy for you, I'm happy for everyone who is having a baby. It's not like someone objected to pregnancy being discussed in general.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I was reading this just yesterday might be helpful to those who have them :)

http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/candida-symptoms.html

But the similarity is that it's a personal thing that people should be able to say if they don't want to be involved in the conversation. I'm sure he didn't mean any ill will as well, I just asked not to be included. I did communicate that to him, and was told to lighten up. Is it that hard to say, "ok, no problem" and then continue the discussion without me being involved?

I'm happy for you, I'm happy for everyone who is having a baby. It's not like someone objected to pregnancy being discussed in general.

I completley agree with you 100% but all I said was that it wasnt sick behavior. Thank you for you happy wishes. :luv:

Timeline

I completley agree with you 100% but all I said was that it wasnt sick behavior. Thank you for you happy wishes. :luv:

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There has GOT to be a full moon out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not able to communicate freely with my freakin' husband and when I did he freaked out that he wants to meet me online. Fine...I'm up for a nice chat even though I feel like sh!t. My hair is horrible since I haven't got it cut since around September or so when I started wearing hijaab, my face is a total red poofy mess with some weirdo rash all over my nose, cheeks and forehead, I'm bloated to the max from all the freakin' prednisone and ibuprophin and the water pills are doing jack squat.

I get online and I start complaining to him after he pestered me about the fact that I look like I'm sitting on a fire. lol. I cry to him about how I found a lump in my breast a few days ago and now have to have a diagnostic mammogram, I have been having bouts of pleurisy a few times a day for the past week with only one day of reprieve, I have a problem wtih my lower back disk and now suddenly I have scoliosis at the ripe ole age of 42 AND I have had an on and only slightly off migraine for a week as well and he just sits there.

I ask what the heck is wrong and he said, "you should go, I just wanted to see you on my birthday."

oh

my

gawd

I'm the freakin' worst wife there ever was.

:cry::cry::cry:

I feel lower than dog poop right now.

:angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Still not able to communicate freely with my freakin' husband and when I did he freaked out that he wants to meet me online. Fine...I'm up for a nice chat even though I feel like sh!t. My hair is horrible since I haven't got it cut since around September or so when I started wearing hijaab, my face is a total red poofy mess with some weirdo rash all over my nose, cheeks and forehead, I'm bloated to the max from all the freakin' prednisone and ibuprophin and the water pills are doing jack squat.

I get online and I start complaining to him after he pestered me about the fact that I look like I'm sitting on a fire. lol. I cry to him about how I found a lump in my breast a few days ago and now have to have a diagnostic mammogram, I have been having bouts of pleurisy a few times a day for the past week with only one day of reprieve, I have a problem wtih my lower back disk and now suddenly I have scoliosis at the ripe ole age of 42 AND I have had an on and only slightly off migraine for a week as well and he just sits there.

I ask what the heck is wrong and he said, "you should go, I just wanted to see you on my birthday."

oh

my

gawd

Well, I wouldn't feel too bad. Your health is a bigger concern than his birthday! He'll have another one next year.

I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems your having. Let me know if there's anything you need. (F)

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:cry:

oh

my

gawd

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

no, you're not :luv:

i think jp covered things fairly well regarding that one topic previously. my apologies to jenn.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.