polarbear

Thursday!

194 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This day sucks. I just got a letter in the mail from USCIS stating our AOS application was denied. It only says they requested evidence and rcv'd no response so they denied the case. We never rcv'd a request for evidence so Im totall at a loss for what to do. Coupled with these lovely hormones, Im a friggin basket case.

Happy Thursday.

That is just crazy! :crying::crying::crying:

I hope that you will be able to make an ifnfopass and resolve this situation soon - Sorry that you have to deal with what seems to be lack of competence on the USCIS part...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow this is the longest daily thread I have seen in a while!

Gabi- I can't believe this happened to you! Good luck with everything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i'm soooo sorry yassmine. i hope you can get that resolved soon. *hugs*

good news on our end (FINALLLLLLLLY SOMETHING GOOD after a long string of bad news)

my husband has been waiting for surgery for his knee and was finally approved today for coverage by insurance (after over two months of agony!)

Congratulations on the approval!!! Fighting with insurance is such a miserable experience - glad to hear that this is finally resolved!!!

Wow this is the longest daily thread I have seen in a while!

And almost no drama - that is a serious accomplishment in MENA!!! :lol::lol:

:dance::dance::dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Discussing which women may or may not, and who should be pregnant is anything but cute. I would never share my pregnancy status on this board and I would appreciate not being included in the "list". It's sick.

Speculating who may or may not be pregnant may not be something you appreciate but its far from being sick. I think you need to reevaluate what sick behavior actually is. I think there are many people on this forum who don't appreciate your comments on many other subjects and also deem them as sick.

do you not understand the difference between commenting on information that people voluntarily put out on public forums and commenting on things the people in question never ever volunteered information about, copernicus?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Congrats Sereia! It must be a relief! :dance:

Is it Yassmine or Gabi? There is lots of help here and you're a smart woman. I know you can get this thing turned around in no time. I don't like to see pregnant women stress either. :no:

Its Gabi. But I answer to both :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congrats Sereia! It must be a relief! :dance:

Is it Yassmine or Gabi? There is lots of help here and you're a smart woman. I know you can get this thing turned around in no time. I don't like to see pregnant women stress either. :no:

Its Gabi. But I answer to both :)

Good to know. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

huge relief. a huge step to a recovery in both his knee and our relationship.

knee surgery can be hard-core in the pain and rehab end. it's a lot of work, but the end result is great. i hope he has as quick a recovery as possible.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree. When I worked at the hospital many of the professionals often commented that knee surgery was the most painful ortho procedure for a patient to endure.

huge relief. a huge step to a recovery in both his knee and our relationship.

knee surgery can be hard-core in the pain and rehab end. it's a lot of work, but the end result is great. i hope he has as quick a recovery as possible.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Whoa Yassmine -- just unbelievable ! They make you wait for a letter that never comes, then it's your fault if it never comes ???? I'm glad to hear you have an Infopass appointment next week -- insha'allah you will get the problem worked out during without further stress and complications which you CERTAINLY don't need, especially in your condition.

Sereia -- what kind of knee surgery is your husband having ? Mahmoud had arthroscopic this summer -- he's still not back to 100%, but able to handle light activity without pain. The doc says it just takes a while to rebuild.... best of luck to your hubby !

Oh and Copernicus was a medieval astronomer who was one of the few (at least in Europe, at least at that time) to endorse the theory of heliocentrism. :)

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Discussing which women may or may not, and who should be pregnant is anything but cute. I would never share my pregnancy status on this board and I would appreciate not being included in the "list". It's sick.

Speculating who may or may not be pregnant may not be something you appreciate but its far from being sick. I think you need to reevaluate what sick behavior actually is. I think there are many people on this forum who don't appreciate your comments on many other subjects and also deem them as sick.

do you not understand the difference between commenting on information that people voluntarily put out on public forums and commenting on things the people in question never ever volunteered information about, copernicus?

I do understand but like I said I wouldn’t classify it as sick behavior.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I use one with mine, I dont know if it extends the longevity as its the only tagine I have ever owned, but so far so good! :thumbs:

I use that flame tamer when I am making risotto also to prevent burning the bottom of the pan. if i ever made paella i would use it with that pan as well.

Thanks - I was wondering where I can purchase one - so far no luck - any suggestion on a store...

do you live in NY? dont they have everything in NY? LOL

I got mine here

http://fantes.com/images/8635trivets.jpg

:lol::lol: you are right - we got everything here in NY - I guess I was just looking in the wrong places...now at least I have a visual image of what flame tamer looks like ... thanks... do you have an electric stove? Just wondering

hi, no i use it on a gas stove. i hated it when i had an electric stove!! i love gas.

given how long the posters in question have been posting on this board (ie, they all know each other, and what each other's feelings are about this), and how clear they've made it in past threads that they don't wish to discuss this part of their personal lives, and have not written anything contradictory to that stance, i can see how those persistently targeted on this subject could find it sick.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
given how long the posters in question have been posting on this board (ie, they all know each other, and what each other's feelings are about this), and how clear they've made it in past threads that they don't wish to discuss this part of their personal lives, and have not written anything contradictory to that stance, i can see how those persistently targeted on this subject could find it sick.

You hit the nail on the head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.