Lostin us

A question is killing me

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well first hi to everbody,

here is the issue,iam divorced from a british citizen now two years,and now i just applied with my fiancee,to a k1 visa,my first marriage didnt last because we wasnt able to be together as the british embassy refused my entry,so sa it seem impossible she took the easy way and asked for her divorce and got it,well now when the us embassy will call me,will this affect my actual application,what kind of question they may ask about my preivous marriage,may they deny my visa for this reason,or am i beeing just so nervous.

plz reply and thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A question that is killing me is: Is the Caps-Lock button broken on your keyboard? All capitals size (3) looks like you are SHOUTING !

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hmmm....okay, I'm having a hard time understanding your situation and the question you're asking. Let me see if I understand. You were married to a UK citizen. When you tried to enter the UK to be with your wife, they denied you entry because of your age difference between you and your spouse. You were much older or much younger than her.

Did the British government determine that your marriage was one only of convenience? How old were you, and how old was she? What was the **exact** reason they denied you entry? What is the age difference between you and your current fiance?

If you could try to answer as clearly as possible it would really help me and others to understand your situation and give the correct advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hmmm....okay, I'm having a hard time understanding your situation and the question you're asking. Let me see if I understand. You were married to a UK citizen. When you tried to enter the UK to be with your wife, they denied you entry because of your age difference between you and your spouse. You were much older or much younger than her.

Did the British government determine that your marriage was one only of convenience? How old were you, and how old was she? What was the **exact** reason they denied you entry? What is the age difference between you and your current fiance?

If you could try to answer as clearly as possible it would really help me and others to understand your situation and give the correct advice.

I thought US citizens can enter the UK on the visa waiver program, and do not need to apply for a visa, so I am confused also.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Well first hi to everbody,

here is the issue,iam divorced from a british citizen now two years,and now i just applied with my fiancee,to a k1 visa,my first marriage didnt last because we wasnt able to be together as the british embassy refused my entry,so sa it seem impossible she took the easy way and asked for her divorce and got it,well now when the us embassy will call me,will this affect my actual application,what kind of question they may ask about my preivous marriage,may they deny my visa for this reason,or am i beeing just so nervous.

plz reply and thanks

What is your citizenship?

I think the OP is the beneficiary...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

sorry for this confusing thing,here is the situation,iam a tunisien citizen,i have met my ex,after nearly a year,we got married,and this was against her family wish,which i didnt know until later,i was 20 and she was 45,she is the british citizen,we was in a serieuse relation,while we applied for a visa under the waiver at the british embassy,we waited 3 months,at the interview,they asked some question,my ex wasnt a person who earn a lot and didnt have her own location,so she was living with her brother,after many question they told me that my visa is denided,because of age diffrence and also because there is no accomodation for me when i go,after we dicided to apply again,but as probleme started to show with her family,she decided to go for divorce,i didnt hear for several weeks from her until i got the divorce decree,after thinking i found out that beeing together can be almost impossible,so we went for the divorce,iam divorced now two years.

now me and fiancee did apply for a k1 visa,and looking forward beeing together,the age diffrence between us is 19 years,but we love each others so much,the only concern i have is,will the us embassy take in consideration my first divorce,will it affect my application,the divorce was for hardship,i mean because of the family,so what you think?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
sorry for this confusing thing,here is the situation,iam a tunisien citizen,i have met my ex,after nearly a year,we got married,and this was against her family wish,which i didnt know until later,i was 20 and she was 45,she is the british citizen,we was in a serieuse relation,while we applied for a visa under the waiver at the british embassy,we waited 3 months,at the interview,they asked some question,my ex wasnt a person who earn a lot and didnt have her own location,so she was living with her brother,after many question they told me that my visa is denided,because of age diffrence and also because there is no accomodation for me when i go,after we dicided to apply again,but as probleme started to show with her family,she decided to go for divorce,i didnt hear for several weeks from her until i got the divorce decree,after thinking i found out that beeing together can be almost impossible,so we went for the divorce,iam divorced now two years.

now me and fiancee did apply for a k1 visa,and looking forward beeing together,the age diffrence between us is 19 years,but we love each others so much,the only concern i have is,will the us embassy take in consideration my first divorce,will it affect my application,the divorce was for hardship,i mean because of the family,so what you think?

thanks

US embassy will not hold your 1st divorce against you or age difference..Just provide enough evidence about your relationship.. as long as you both free to marry and have a valid relationship, USEM do not have a problem about previous marriages..They just wanted to know if you and your fiancee have real relationship..goodluck and god bless..

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

thanks

Ok... so you're a Tunisian citizen living in Tunisia. Once married to a British Citizen, now divorced. Having not been allowed to enter the UK should have no bearing on entering the US. If you meet the requirements of/for a K1 visa, you should have no less chance of receiving one as anyone else. :thumbs:

As with any petition - make sure you carry out enough research and collect enough evidence to show you have a valid relationship and are free to marry. And also make sure you collect enough evidence to show you have met in the past two years in person and you should be fine :)

Good luck!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Just be prepared for some extra questions about the age difference. An older USC woman with a much younger Tunisian man can be a red flag. Do some heavy duty research in the MENA forum and ask questions there on how to get prepared for the interview! Good luck!

Just be prepared for some extra questions about the age difference. An older USC woman with a much younger Tunisian man can be a red flag. Do some heavy duty research in the MENA forum and ask questions there on how to get prepared for the interview! Good luck!

Great advice :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

so much,the only concern i have is,will the us embassy take in consideration my first divorce,will it affect my application,the divorce was for hardship,i mean because of the family,so what you think?

thanks

Okay, this is much better, thanks for clarifying. Based on your posts, here's what I *thnk* you are asking, and answers:

- Will the US embassy care about your British Visa denial? Most likely not. You were not turned away for anything illegal so there's no reason for them to care.

- Will the US embassy take your first divorce into consideration? The only consideration they will take is that your divorce is valid and that you are legal to marry.

- Will the age difference matter? Maybe. If there is a large age gap, they will wonder if the marriage is real, or if it is a marriage of convenience just to get you into the country. You will want to provide as much evidence as possible to prove you have a bona fide relationship. Your US fiance should come to this web site and read the guides for more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.