chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. I just want to sleep and do nothing else. I can't imagine finishing 4 more hours of work. Soooooooooooooo tired I want to just rip my eyeballs out. Also crampy. Also really sad/ticked/giggly/everyweirdemotionwhichconflicts. I was wondering-- how many of you all take a break for PMS or MS time? Or do you either not have an issue or push through it? I get so exhausted feeling it's hard to work on anything.

I think if your body says take a break...do just that! Make sure you're taking ur vitamins as well as eating well and listen always to what ur body says...:) I use vitamins (prenatal :innocent: ) from Trader Joes...I LOVE them :) I have been taking them for almost 3 years now...haha! I read in a Cosmo or some magazine that many people take them to help w/ hair and nail growth and they give people extra energy...so I think truly they help :) Even w/ my skin! If you can't take vitamins early morning...try taking them at night...after eating.

I'm babbling Julianna to keep you AWAKE!! :devil: BTW---have you ever tried that energy dose (small bottle) called 5 hour energy? Might help on those days you have "lows". My hubby swears by them when he's working out.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. I just want to sleep and do nothing else. I can't imagine finishing 4 more hours of work. Soooooooooooooo tired I want to just rip my eyeballs out. Also crampy. Also really sad/ticked/giggly/everyweirdemotionwhichconflicts. I was wondering-- how many of you all take a break for PMS or MS time? Or do you either not have an issue or push through it? I get so exhausted feeling it's hard to work on anything.

I think if your body says take a break...do just that! Make sure you're taking ur vitamins as well as eating well and listen always to what ur body says...:) I use vitamins (prenatal :innocent: ) from Trader Joes...I LOVE them :) I have been taking them for almost 3 years now...haha! I read in a Cosmo or some magazine that many people take them to help w/ hair and nail growth and they give people extra energy...so I think truly they help :) Even w/ my skin! If you can't take vitamins early morning...try taking them at night...after eating.

I'm babbling Julianna to keep you AWAKE!! :devil: BTW---have you ever tried that energy dose (small bottle) called 5 hour energy? Might help on those days you have "lows". My hubby swears by them when he's working out.

It's a bunch of caffiene, right? That makes me sick :(

I was tired last week but this week is even worse. I should be taking my vitamins, but I am lazy and they sit in my cabinet. I should take them. I feel wretched and kind of nauseous/sensitive stomach and i just want to eat cereal LOL. Oooo and tomatoes. Right now I am eating lettuce one leaf at a time. This has been 2 weeks of PMS ####### and one of them shouldn't have even been happening :crying:

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Mom and I have also been sleeping a bunch. We think it's the heat even though we have a/c. Plus I've been ill.

I got to talk to Waleed and he asked how my diet was going. I told him I wasn't really dieting and lets not talk about it.

I saw him on webcam and he's lost so much weight I was shocked. It's been since Dec that I last saw him before the military took him. He says the food is poor in the military so I'm sending him an ikobo card and putting money on it so he can have some money for food and other things to have a more comfortable life. He went from a $30 USD a month job to a $10 USD a month job as a Doctor in the military. Ppl there really do live off of $2 USD a day. He didn't want to do the www.ikobo.com plan because he's worried that they'd claim he was using me but I said, "We've been married for nearly two years and it's my idea so shut up and take it and eat something." :lol: I can't sit by and watch my SO wither away for crying outloud.

The military has really done wonders physically for him his hair is all short, and he's clean shaven, he's much thinner, a little bit buffer, and has a nice sunburnt tan going on. I'm licking my lips at all this saying I'd like to thank the military for making him look like a young stud. :P After the military though I know it's my job to keep him healthy and looking good with eatting right and vitamins. :unsure:

Ok so for my plan I'm not really being productive here living with my Mom whose habits aren't encouraging. So my plan is when I get back up to college in 2 weeks to really set the record straight and be commited to my plan. I feel I'd be better off doing it alone then trying to convience someone to be my healthy buddy. I'll get the colon cleanse and the toxin out, and use the rec center, and cook all vegitarian and vegan. I can really focus on myself and pull all my energy into myself this time. I've got one last academic year left with school and many motivations for reaching my goals. I'm excited. In the meantime I'm reading books to keep my mind sharp.

Once school starts though you won't be seeing a lot of me because I'm going to be really busy with a lot on my plate this semester.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Oh yes! I made this potato and zucchini curry tonight. OMG it was so delicious! I'm making it again for certain sometime. Even Mom loved it. I replaced the fresh tomatoes with a can of chopped tomatoes like someone else suggest that made this as well.

http://www.recipezaar.com/60415

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Oh yes! I made this potato and zucchini curry tonight. OMG it was so delicious! I'm making it again for certain sometime. Even Mom loved it. I replaced the fresh tomatoes with a can of chopped tomatoes like someone else suggest that made this as well.

OOO! I'm going to have to take a look at this. I need some CHANGE.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline

It's a bunch of caffiene, right? That makes me sick :(

I was tired last week but this week is even worse. I should be taking my vitamins, but I am lazy and they sit in my cabinet. I should take them. I feel wretched and kind of nauseous/sensitive stomach and i just want to eat cereal LOL. Oooo and tomatoes. Right now I am eating lettuce one leaf at a time. This has been 2 weeks of PMS ####### and one of them shouldn't have even been happening :crying:

They have a decaf one too :) It's not like the other ones with tons of sugar, caffeine, etc...check it out..google: 5 hour energy and look up the ingredients.

:)

Timeline

Absurdly Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

• 3 cups flour (680 grams)
  • 2 cups sugar (450 grams) (read this first)
  • 6 tablespoons cocoa (100 grams)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda (10 cc's = 10 ml)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (5 cc's = 5 ml)
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil (200 cc's)
  • 2 tablespoon vinegar (30 cc's)
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla (10 cc's)
  • 2 cup cold water (480 cc's)

Directions

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth. Bake two greased, floured pans at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes two layers of a two-layer 9-inch or 8-inch round cake, or one small sheet cake. When cool, frost it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

That looks so good! I'm having a huge craving for Indian food.

Last week, I wasn't feeling well, and things got very busy. I walked 1.2 miles with my dad one day and then missed two days entirely. I could only manage a mile on Friday, but I was back up to 2 yesterday. I'm still recording every bite and minute of exercise -- that's the only thing that keeps me on track.

This week will be a challenge. Hubby starts an evening shift job on Monday about 30 minutes from here, and I may be driving him the first few days until he learns the route (just got his license). He'll be coming in at 3 am or so, and I probably won't sleep well until he's in, at least in the beginning. So it will be a combination of being home alone, bored, and a little worried. Have to make a todo list to help keep me occupied and away from the fridge.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I need to lose weight!!!! I saw my pictures from Arab fest and almost puked!!! the problem with losing weight for me is this: my doctor has me on some meds that make me gain weight or at least it seems like it. I was on some stuff that i did lose, but then it stopped working. I have to take the meds, its for depression and bi-polar. Sucks, but i need them. I wish i could just stop using them all together and lose this weight. So if anyone has any ideas for me, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Hi Terrie! My best friend was one medications for the same thing and it also had the same affects. She got up to 230lbs and she's 5'2". It was the most I'd ever seen her. We really went on a journey together in the past several years with her medications and hospital visits. I've learned a lot about bipolar from her as she was one of the more sever cases. Eventually she went to the state hospital which is where you go as a last resort. After that she came back and has completely changed to someone that I knew before all this happened. Unfortunatly the only way I know how for you to lose that weight is to stop taking that medication or reduce it to a lower dosage or replace it. She was on something like 18 medications at one point and now she is down to just a handful of medications and she dropped her weight all the way down to 160lbs. It's like having my old best friend back. She's woken up and is more alert and she talks constantly.

If you like I could see if she is comfortable with me giving you her contact information so that you could discuss medications and experiences.

Olivia

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Terrie! My best friend was one medications for the same thing and it also had the same affects. She got up to 230lbs and she's 5'2". It was the most I'd ever seen her. We really went on a journey together in the past several years with her medications and hospital visits. I've learned a lot about bipolar from her as she was one of the more sever cases. Eventually she went to the state hospital which is where you go as a last resort. After that she came back and has completely changed to someone that I knew before all this happened. Unfortunatly the only way I know how for you to lose that weight is to stop taking that medication or reduce it to a lower dosage or replace it. She was on something like 18 medications at one point and now she is down to just a handful of medications and she dropped her weight all the way down to 160lbs. It's like having my old best friend back. She's woken up and is more alert and she talks constantly.

If you like I could see if she is comfortable with me giving you her contact information so that you could discuss medications and experiences.

Olivia

that would be good olivia i will pm my info to you. and if she wants she can contact me.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Check out my siggie, ladies! :D :D :D

Two days in a row a weighed myself and it's true - I have reached my goal!

I have to admit, it's somewhat anticlimactic though. I know I already revised my goal once, but I think I could stand to lose another 5 lbs. Wadi thinks I'm a little crazy though. I have to agree! :goofy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.