chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
For what it's worth, I gained about 20 pounds between the time I last saw my husband and his arrival, and that weight was the last thing on our minds when we saw each other in the airport. blush.gif But I do know how it is to want to feel and look your best when you welcome him home. Happy reunion!

Yeah, I'm sure he won't be worried about it, but it really effects the way I feel about myself, and I think I'll be more inhibited :innocent: I haven't decided yet if I'll try that master cleanse, but I am starting to exercise today and I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support! :thumbs:

Makes sense. Whatever helps you feel good about yourself is great. FWIW, I've lost nine pounds in the first three weeks, although I have a great deal to lose, so it will come off more quickly in the beginning. But I've been walking briskly two miles a day, and I've cut calories, although not to an extreme. My husband can see a difference, and I can feel it more than anything. My skin is better, and my confidence and energy are up, which is what it sounds like you're looking for. If you gained the 20 fairly recently, as it sounds like, I think you've definitely got time to notice a difference before he arrives without doing anything too drastic. Good luck. :thumbs:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we gonna have a "100 page party" when we reach 100 pages??? Who knew the thread would last so long! go us!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

For what it's worth, I gained about 20 pounds between the time I last saw my husband and his arrival, and that weight was the last thing on our minds when we saw each other in the airport. blush.gif But I do know how it is to want to feel and look your best when you welcome him home. Happy reunion!

Yeah, I'm sure he won't be worried about it, but it really effects the way I feel about myself, and I think I'll be more inhibited :innocent: I haven't decided yet if I'll try that master cleanse, but I am starting to exercise today and I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support! :thumbs:

Makes sense. Whatever helps you feel good about yourself is great. FWIW, I've lost nine pounds in the first three weeks, although I have a great deal to lose, so it will come off more quickly in the beginning. But I've been walking briskly two miles a day, and I've cut calories, although not to an extreme. My husband can see a difference, and I can feel it more than anything. My skin is better, and my confidence and energy are up, which is what it sounds like you're looking for. If you gained the 20 fairly recently, as it sounds like, I think you've definitely got time to notice a difference before he arrives without doing anything too drastic. Good luck. :thumbs:

Thanks. FYI all I did not go out and walk yesterday :blush: ...I wish I had someone here who would just drag me out of the house to exercise. I hope having someone to answer to here at least will help me do what I should be doing.

Timeline

Thanks. FYI all I did not go out and walk yesterday :blush: ...I wish I had someone here who would just drag me out of the house to exercise. I hope having someone to answer to here at least will help me do what I should be doing.

My husband pushes me out the door. Once he's working, I'm going to have to take some music with me for extra motivation. Just keep checking in. We'll keep ya honest. ;) Have you picked out an outfit for the reunion yet?

I'm the USC.

Have you picked out an outfit for the reunion yet?

OMG I hadn't even thought about that. I'm gonna try on all of my clothes and when they're too tight that will definitely be a motivator. So, no, haven't picked out anything yet. He probably won't notice what I'm wearing, but I still want to look good.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
are we gonna have a "100 page party" when we reach 100 pages??? Who knew the thread would last so long! go us!

Thats a good idea!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

after 50 pages LOL :rofl:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

typically ewok likes for them to be restarted at the 5000 post mark.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Just checking in. I only managed 1.2 miles yesterday, but it was about 100 degrees and I was walking with my dad, so neither one of us really needed to be pushing it in that heat. Yesterday afternoon/evening, I was feeling really "fluish," you know that general achiness and flushed feeling you get when a virus is about to knock you upside the head. And I was so tired! I went home and had some yogurt, and a few hours later I felt normal again. I'd love to know what that was, but I'm glad it apparently decided to look elsewhere.

I'm the USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks guys!

Caybee-- I can see why you cut it short. No point in heat exhaustion or heat stroke :)

I did my weekly measurements/weigh-in, and I lost an inch on my bust and another 1/2" on the waist.. but I also lost 4lbs!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

This week, when i actually lsot, I think I drank more water, and had a really bad cheat day... I am wondering if I should eat a bit more than I am? Or at least follow my body's feelings within reason? That's what i did last week, eating more on days I was hungry and less on days I wasn't. I had a day where I felt nauseous the whole day and I barely broke 1100 cal, but then 2 days later I felt so hungry I ate 2100. Mostly I was about 1500-1600, but i didn't push myself to regulate to a certain number as much as prior weeks. I remember Jenn upiing her calories to get off the weight loss plateau she had hit. I know I'm not plateauing as I just began... but... maybe i should up myself a bit in my base level.

Timeline

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. I just want to sleep and do nothing else. I can't imagine finishing 4 more hours of work. Soooooooooooooo tired I want to just rip my eyeballs out. Also crampy. Also really sad/ticked/giggly/everyweirdemotionwhichconflicts. I was wondering-- how many of you all take a break for PMS or MS time? Or do you either not have an issue or push through it? I get so exhausted feeling it's hard to work on anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.