chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am getting tired of my foods. Any ideas for low-cal foods?

597174047_3eb1429c8b.jpg

LOL Charles.. pepperoni is pork and besides that... I'm vegetarian :) Now go find a tempting cheese pizza pic with no sauce. I don't like sauce :)

You at work? I'm up with Ammar who is claling his brother's phone every 20 second trying to see how his and his sister's interview went. Should probably be exercising!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am getting tired of my foods. Any ideas for low-cal foods?

597174047_3eb1429c8b.jpg

LOL Charles.. pepperoni is pork and besides that... I'm vegetarian :) Now go find a tempting cheese pizza pic with no sauce. I don't like sauce :)

You at work? I'm up with Ammar who is claling his brother's phone every 20 second trying to see how his and his sister's interview went. Should probably be exercising!

as you wish :) how about a nice triple cheese pizza then?

272253976_900e70addc.jpg

and yeah, me at work again. working night shift (13 hours at a time) until fri.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

272253976_900e70addc.jpg

Now I still see sauce, but you did an excellent job as it is extra cheesy and I can scrape that off. I sooooo want cheeeeeese. You have no idea.

Wow! You are scoring some serious overtime!

Timeline

272253976_900e70addc.jpg

Now I still see sauce, but you did an excellent job as it is extra cheesy and I can scrape that off. I sooooo want cheeeeeese. You have no idea.

i looked for one with more cheese than usual and the least amount of sauce. and yeah, getting some overtime. this pay week i'll get just over 40 hours, not as much as a full weeks worth of schedule but it helps.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Morning workouts are great in that you will start out more energized for the day. The problem with them is the motivation of getting up early and you are not properly warmed up like you would be later in the day. This can result in a greater risk of injury. Make sure if you chose to work out in the mornings you have good stretching and warm up techniques and you should be fine.

I did it! I can't believe that I was able to pull it off. You were right about the warm up part - there was a definite challenge at the beginning but after the first five minutes I was back into the usual groove.

I've decided to still do the strength and stretch part (CD) of the program tonight to keep the momentum.

Thanks for your impute!!!!

272253976_900e70addc.jpg

i looked for one with more cheese than usual and the least amount of sauce. and yeah, getting some overtime. this pay week i'll get just over 40 hours, not as much as a full weeks worth of schedule but it helps.

I'm blind!!!!!!!!! Charles are you trying to sabotage all of our efforts?!?!?!?!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

Awww, thanks!

Well, any is good! I'm filling out a job application right now for a new job and it is stressing me out! I like my job jsut fine, but this is higher pay.

I did it! I can't believe that I was able to pull it off. You were right about the warm up part - there was a definite challenge at the beginning but after the first five minutes I was back into the usual groove.

I've decided to still do the strength and stretch part (CD) of the program tonight to keep the momentum.

Thanks for your impute!!!!

Congrats!!

Timeline

I'm blind!!!!!!!!! Charles are you trying to sabotage all of our efforts?!?!?!?!

i'm a little :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i'm a little :devil:

I've noticed but you know that we still "love" you - I guess MENA would not be the same with out your presence...

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

...ignoring the pizza...ignoring the pizza...

I've walked 9.5 miles in the last five days, still at 2 miles a day. I hate exercise with a passion when I'm not in the habit, but I've had that aerobic high the last few days. Only problem is I forget how good it feels until after the fact, so keeping the habit is really important right now. Hubby has been going with me to the park and finding a pick-up soccer game every day. He's used to playing once a week, so he's been pushing himself also the last few days. It's still in the 90s when we go out at 6:30 pm or so. Daylight workouts are not going to cut it during Ramadan, but by then, hubby will be on the night shift, so I guess for that month I'll use my Leslie Sansone tapes.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline
...ignoring the pizza...ignoring the pizza...

I've walked 9.5 miles in the last five days, still at 2 miles a day. I hate exercise with a passion when I'm not in the habit, but I've had that aerobic high the last few days. Only problem is I forget how good it feels until after the fact, so keeping the habit is really important right now. Hubby has been going with me to the park and finding a pick-up soccer game every day. He's used to playing once a week, so he's been pushing himself also the last few days. It's still in the 90s when we go out at 6:30 pm or so. Daylight workouts are not going to cut it during Ramadan, but by then, hubby will be on the night shift, so I guess for that month I'll use my Leslie Sansone tapes.

Congrats - you are doing pretty well :thumbs:

Walking is next on my list - need to get myself a cool pedometer and I should be out the door - too bad that I don't really live close to any park but then again Central Park is about 20min via subway so it shouldn't be that bad - my only problem - MOTIVATION to get out of the house and go at it all by myself which I hate ... I need a walking buddy :crying: :crying:

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Exercise during ramadan? I wish I had that energy.

I must start walking. The Couch to 5K didn't work so well for me. (nobody chasing me...no need to run ;) ) So I am going to drive the car like one mile...then I know if I walk to that point and back, I will have 2 miles. Is that a good goal..2 miles?

Any advice here would be appreciated. :)

Jackie

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Exercise during ramadan? I wish I had that energy.

I must start walking. The Couch to 5K didn't work so well for me. (nobody chasing me...no need to run ;) ) So I am going to drive the car like one mile...then I know if I walk to that point and back, I will have 2 miles. Is that a good goal..2 miles?

Any advice here would be appreciated. :)

Jackie

I don't know if I will have that energy. :unsure: Didn't exercise during Ramadan the last two years. I'm just terrified of losing my momentum this time. I'm also going to have to be extra careful about eating too much in the evening.

What you described is a great way to lay out a walking course. I've tried walking a 1/4-mile track, and it seems SO much longer than walking in the park because of the monotony. Two miles and dieting is working well for me so far, but I have a great deal to lose (ticker is just the beginning). My heart rate is at the upper end of my target range. Once I'm in better shape and my heart rate starts dropping, I'll add a little distance at a time. I want to run eventually, but my knees can't take it at my current weight. A few years ago, I walked three miles every day, rain or shine, and the pounds fell off. I hardly had to think about what I ate, although I didn't go overboard. I want to reach the point where I'm walking (and eventually jogging) three miles a day. My dad has kept the weight off for a couple of decades that way (walking, that is).

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

I'm posting to fill up the page - need to get pass that greasy pictures...

berries2.gif

fruit_salad.jpg

grapes.jpg

and my all time favorites...

cherries.jpg

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.