chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I drink about 40 to 60 oz of water a day. You are doing way better than me!

I was thinking about upping it to 100oz. If I stopped drinking soda, I'd have to up it. I have a weird habit of needing to drink something all the time.

If I could cut out the soda then I think I would drink about 100oz of water too. That is a good point. Maybe your goals will inspire me too!

I side with you though, water is terrible. I hate it so much! It tastes like total butt crack. I have to add something to it or else I cannot even get it down. I actually write in on my list of things to do because otherwise I will not do it. How bad is that?

Whenever I cut out soda and alcohol the lbs melt off my belly. :P

That could be part of your plan!

Mmmm.. ok maybe tomorrow. :unsure:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I drink about 40 to 60 oz of water a day. You are doing way better than me!

I was thinking about upping it to 100oz. If I stopped drinking soda, I'd have to up it. I have a weird habit of needing to drink something all the time.

If I could cut out the soda then I think I would drink about 100oz of water too. That is a good point. Maybe your goals will inspire me too!

I side with you though, water is terrible. I hate it so much! It tastes like total butt crack. I have to add something to it or else I cannot even get it down. I actually write in on my list of things to do because otherwise I will not do it. How bad is that?

Whenever I cut out soda and alcohol the lbs melt off my belly. :P

That could be part of your plan!

Mmmm.. ok maybe tomorrow. :unsure:

Tommorow is always better, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

:lol: Yes yes yes. I am going to do it!

It's getting so hot with July going into August. I think I need to call one of the other gyms and see if they have an indoor track and go over there.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's getting so hot with July going into August. I think I need to call one of the other gyms and see if they have an indoor track and go over there.

Indoor tracks rock. I may still do couch to 5k tonight, but I am for sure doing the lose a jeans size set of exersizes. They totally suck and you can tell they are working.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Indoor tracks rock. I may still do couch to 5k tonight, but I am for sure doing the lose a jeans size set of exersizes. They totally suck and you can tell they are working.

Yeah, the more it sucks, the better it works, lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, the more it sucks, the better it works, lol.

LOL I was going to say it's suck factor is directly proportional to the working factor.

I jsut keep thinking about Ammar giving someone else a present and it fires me up! I deserve that freaking present!

Well shin splints are the big suck for me.

Ooo, you need better shoes and more stretching and maybe working up to running instead of actually running.. shin splints are hairline fractures.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Wait why did he give a present to someone else? I still have yet to get a present from Waleed. *Sniffles* :crying:

####### doesn't count!

Oh, you are bad tonight Olivia! lol

Also, be careful of shin splints. Most of the time they will heal on their own, but some cases become really bad and can really do damage.

Timeline

Yes shin splints are the big suck. My friend who has been a physical therapist for 30 years showed me how to condition my shins for them in preperation but says maybe I just need to lose some weight first before trying this running program again.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Yes shin splints are the big suck. My friend who has been a physical therapist for 30 years showed me how to condition my shins for them in preperation but says maybe I just need to lose some weight first before trying this running program again.

Yeah, the more muscle you build up in your legs, the less problems you will have with shin splints. I found fast walking or slow running causes me the most problems with shin splints. Every person is different on that though.

Problem is for me, I tend to walk really fast naturally, lol.

Timeline
I tend to walk really slow. I think I got shorted on the legs end of the deal. hump. :angry:

I'm not tall, 5"5, but I just walk really fast. Part of it is I have what is called a short waist. My torso is shorter than most women, but my legs are longer because of it. I can often walk faster than most men. It drives anyone crazy that walks with me anywhere, lol. I'm always being told to slow down. Once I got an injury in my knee and I still walked faster (while limping) than everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.