chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have a new cafeteria company downstairs. Their salad bar rocks! :thumbs: I had their lettuce which is a combo of iceberg and spinach (LOVE that!), a few pieces of sliced marinated fresh mozzarella (def not ff! lol), marinated mushrooms and teensy chopped celery pieces for the all too needed CRUNCH. I used real dressing since I cannot stand fat free but I used a small amount. Topped it off with a diet Pepsi and even walked down a few flight of stairs on my way there. (up is non-negotionable...not gonna happen :no: )

That should offset the coffee roll from DD that I had for breakfast. :devil:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We have a new cafeteria company downstairs. Their salad bar rocks! :thumbs: I had their lettuce which is a combo of iceberg and spinach (LOVE that!), a few pieces of sliced marinated fresh mozzarella (def not ff! lol), marinated mushrooms and teensy chopped celery pieces for the all too needed CRUNCH. I used real dressing since I cannot stand fat free but I used a small amount. Topped it off with a diet Pepsi and even walked down a few flight of stairs on my way there. (up is non-negotionable...not gonna happen :no: )

That should offset the coffee roll from DD that I had for breakfast. :devil:

I've been munching on jelly beans today (I know, i'm not to good at this diet thing at the moment :blush:) But I figure 10-20 jelly beans are much better than wandering into the pastry cooler for a jumbo cookie :whistle:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Isn't Casablanca a major hub for transexual surgery?

Whoa, that came out of no where! I wouldn't be surprised though!

Well, it is a kind of cosmetic surgery, no? :lol: Don't ask me why I know this!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Isn't Casablanca a major hub for transexual surgery?

Whoa, that came out of no where! I wouldn't be surprised though!

Well, it is a kind of cosmetic surgery, no? :lol: Don't ask me why I know this!

:lol::lol:

That's just one of those facts that I never knew about Casa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK, anyone interested in diet/exercise thread?

I am not eating any processed foods unless they are veggie burgers that sort of thing (with all good ingredients), trying to increase my fruits and veggies and keeping them as raw as possible, I have elminated dairy

This is a sure way of losing weight very rapid. I have been eating like this since Oct 23, and I have lost 30!!! I didn't do any excercise but I am sure that if I had that I would have lost more.

Best wishes to all that are doing it :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
she said la vache que ri... haha!!!

Haha Mahmoud calls it le fromage qui rit (well... that's what he would say if he could speak French)

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Haha Mahmoud calls it le fromage qui rit (well... that's what he would say if he could speak French)

OK I dont speak french, what is this cheese?!

It's the "laughing cow" soft cheese. It's kind of like cream cheese. They eat it a lot in Morocco and France. It comes in the round container and usually the cheese is wrapped individually in triangles. It's good!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It's the "laughing cow" soft cheese. It's kind of like cream cheese. They eat it a lot in Morocco and France. It comes in the round container and usually the cheese is wrapped individually in triangles. It's good!

OK gotcha I never heard the french name for it. My son was obsessed with that cheese, especially the little cube versions of it, so I put it in his lunch all of the time. Some kid must have made fun of it or something because now he thinks its yucky. There are a few things that he eats (like smoked salmon etc) that other kids dont eat and might make fun of so I am now afraid to put it in his lunch. I mean like what, if his friends were going to jump off of a bridge, would he? :lol:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Yes it's "Laughing Cow" brand cheese -- it's very popular in MENA as it does not contain any pork products.

But Mahmoud can't remember the name right and always calls it "Laughing Cheese" which always makes me :lol:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We had an all meat chili for dinner. Well...I should say I had the all meat chili (Hicham added some spicy chili beans to his). It is really good and better than using the prepared mixes as it has no sugar in the recipe. What I did not tell Hicham is that I substituted 2 pounds of ground turkey breast for the ground beef to reduce the fat content. :whistle: This recipe is really good and you can add what you like to make it more spicy. For instance, I doubled all the spices and added some cayenne pepper for good measure (yes...we like things hot around here). It cooked all day in the crock pot and was delicious!

Twila

All-Meat Chili (6 servings)

2 pounds of ground beef

1 chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes with green chilies

1 can (4 oz) tomato sauce

4 tsps ground cumin

2 tsps dried oregano

2 tsps unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp paprika

1. Brown the meat and drain. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, cocoa, and paprika. Stir to combine.

2. Turn the burner to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chili thickens a bit. Serve with your favorite toppings.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.