chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I agree with you, Julianna - no pain no game, right?!? I usually am dying when doing mine since I am so out of shape but after I'm done I take a nice shower and feel and enormous sense of accomplishment - so it's a great motiovator.

I guess I finally realized that it's time to start taking care of myself for a change ... now if I can just learn how to like myself then I will be all good... but as they say - baby steps, right...

Same here. Totally dying while doing it, but remembering how thin I was 2 summers ago when I stuck to it! And you do feel better and sleep better, etc.

Yeah, the learning to like yourself is a different path :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there, im not from MENA but i definitely want to lose some weight before my wedding day.. please sisters help me.. i know weigh 140lbs.. i think im on plateau... coz i have been doing some crash diets but im not losing anything.. ill be leaving for California in august 8.. and i want to lose a bit from this day on till my wedding day on September 13.. please please please.. any help would be deeply appreciated..

😁

Timeline
Hi there, im not from MENA but i definitely want to lose some weight before my wedding day.. please sisters help me.. i know weigh 140lbs.. i think im on plateau... coz i have been doing some crash diets but im not losing anything.. ill be leaving for California in august 8.. and i want to lose a bit from this day on till my wedding day on September 13.. please please please.. any help would be deeply appreciated..

How many pounds are you hoping to lose?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks juliana for your reply.. i want to lose atleast 10 pounds before my wedding day..:D

😁

Timeline

Thanks juliana for your reply.. i want to lose atleast 10 pounds before my wedding day..:D

That's going to be kind of hard because that's over 3lbs/week. You'll definately have to drink a ton of water and not any soda... and then maybe focus on exercises which tone your muscles and ticghten them since you'll lose inches faster than weight itself. Do you have a specific target area you'd like to thin down the most?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'd like any tips that you have Julianna on target areas too! I've always heard that you can't really control *where* you lose the weight from, but there must be *something* you can do.

I'm frustrated that my legs are great but my arms are still flabbalicious.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

This slacker is back again. I started back on WW yesterday. Hubby has always been overly nice -- "You look fine. You don't need to do anything." -- but he's finally telling me the truth :innocent: so I have him in my corner. We played hard at the beach last weekend and did some hiking the weekend of the 4th, and I'm not in as bad a shape as I had feared, but I want to be back to running up the stairs at work without getting out of breath. My first mini goal is 10 pounds. I need to lose a lot more than that, but that should come off pretty quickly, and I know I'll feel the difference. Continued good luck, everyone. Your success stories are great motivators.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
:unsure:

? :)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ick... I really have to agree with the doctor that I do feel better the less chemicals I eat (including caffine :( )

So now I'm on a diet that includes no caffine, no aspertaine (no sugar additives period), no red meat, fish okay and chicken sparingly, and no pain pills for my joints bc it can affect my blood levels. I'm also having a hard time digesting raw veggies or processed and cooked veggies ::sigh::

Yay for fresh steamed veggies and natural diet!! :blush:

We'll see how long we can stick to this one :unsure:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline
ick... I really have to agree with the doctor that I do feel better the less chemicals I eat (including caffine :( )

So now I'm on a diet that includes no caffine, no aspertaine (no sugar additives period), no red meat, fish okay and chicken sparingly, and no pain pills for my joints bc it can affect my blood levels. I'm also having a hard time digesting raw veggies or processed and cooked veggies ::sigh::

If you don't take pain pills for your joints..........what are you doing for pain? Pain management is sooo frustrating and to relate it to dieting (since we're in the dieting thread) when I do take the medications that I'm supposed to be on I gain an automatic 10 pounds within 2 days due to water rentention. Even when I don't take the meds if I don't take my water pills then I'm a big fat blimpasaurus, like now. I have been out of hydrochlorothiazide for 3 days due to sheer laziness on my part of not going to cvs to pick up the script and my pants are tight, my feet look like water baloons with indentations where my sandal straps are and my fingers are like tiny sausages.

If I press my index finger against my shin right now it leaves a good inch deep indentation for almost a full minute. :wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

If you don't take pain pills for your joints..........what are you doing for pain? Pain management is sooo frustrating and to relate it to dieting (since we're in the dieting thread) when I do take the medications that I'm supposed to be on I gain an automatic 10 pounds within 2 days due to water rentention. Even when I don't take the meds if I don't take my water pills then I'm a big fat blimpasaurus, like now. I have been out of hydrochlorothiazide for 3 days due to sheer laziness on my part of not going to cvs to pick up the script and my pants are tight, my feet look like water baloons with indentations where my sandal straps are and my fingers are like tiny sausages.

If I press my index finger against my shin right now it leaves a good inch deep indentation for almost a full minute. :wacko:

:o

Get to CVS girl!

I admit, that I am of the lazy type that would put that off until the last min.... but the water retention thing doesn't sound fun :blink::blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

It isn't fun and not to make excuses but it's one reason why I'm not into dieting a lot because I get sooo discouraged when I retain fluids. I can diet and be real strict for a month and gain weight due to water. There's not explanation for it either since my liver and kidneys are fine. I just look like a water baloon half the time if I don't take my pills and my breathing becomes labored (like now) because it effects every organ. Actually I did go to CVS last night but forgot to take the pill this morning. :blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.