Timeline
eating right now:

- pepper crusted goat cheese

- goat gouda

- 6 year regular gouda

- rosemary crackers

- 1998 nebbiolo

:blush:

LOL! I guess that means you're adding back dairy!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
eating right now:

- pepper crusted goat cheese

- goat gouda

- 6 year regular gouda

- rosemary crackers

- 1998 nebbiolo

:blush:

LOL! I guess that means you're adding back dairy!

lol i added it back so long ago that i dont even remember cutting it out! for reals!

ahhhhh

the good news is B"H i am working out so much I am noticably getting more toned and toned. so i am affording myself these small indulgencies. i am sure i will panic and start cutting out food groups though as i get closer to my trip to israel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
lol i added it back so long ago that i dont even remember cutting it out! for reals!

ahhhhh

the good news is B"H i am working out so much I am noticably getting more toned and toned. so i am affording myself these small indulgencies. i am sure i will panic and start cutting out food groups though as i get closer to my trip to israel

HAHA! That's awesome.

How far are you from being the way you want to look when you go to israel? Nothing like a trip or possibility of meeting relatives that makes you want to lose weight. We applied for the tourist visa for 2 of his siblings and let me tell you-- I have gone all veggie since we hit that submit button. Oh my. Interview is July 28th and he is all thinking he wants them here by mid-August. Dude! I totally have to drop some weight and stuff because for real-- this is our first marital introduction and all and no more of that talking about if I am fatter or thinner #######.

Timeline

ahhhhh

HAHA! That's awesome.

How far are you from being the way you want to look when you go to israel? Nothing like a trip or possibility of meeting relatives that makes you want to lose weight. We applied for the tourist visa for 2 of his siblings and let me tell you-- I have gone all veggie since we hit that submit button. Oh my. Interview is July 28th and he is all thinking he wants them here by mid-August. Dude! I totally have to drop some weight and stuff because for real-- this is our first marital introduction and all and no more of that talking about if I am fatter or thinner #######.

Honestly? I know that I am fine right now. Not to be conceited but I am not overweight at all and pretty toned. So I dont want to go overboard. I just have these really VAIN things I want before I go. I want the shoulder muscle to be capped, I want the lines down my stomach on each side, I want a very defined six pack and I want my butt a little bit perkier. I guess I should lay off the cheeses and I need to do more cardio. I want to increase my endurance so I can do alot of running in the negev heat in august lol.

I will say I am off meat until I go. I dont crave it. The cheese would be good to lay off of too but honestly I only eat really high quality cheeses once or twice a week and milk in my cappucinos and that is it dairy wise. Otherwise I eat lots of protein, soy, veggies, fruits and occasionally the only other thing I splurge in is frozen yogurt. Also maybe once or twice a week and not when I eat the cheese. I do love a good steak but I dont crave it now and I am not going to have it until I am in israel.

I dont knwo what to say about siblings - are you happy or dreading? Israel doesnt have any restrictions for tourist visas so I have had tons of siblings over throughout the years and its tough. But its the women in his family (who dont really come here except MIL) that do all of the talking about fatter/thinner like we have discussed before... See thats why I want all of the things I mentioned above before I go, for once I just feel like being in your face like SEE nothing to criticize so STEP OFF! I know it all sounds so superficial and horrible~!

Timeline
Honestly? I know that I am fine right now. Not to be conceited but I am not overweight at all and pretty toned. So I dont want to go overboard. I just have these really VAIN things I want before I go. I want the shoulder muscle to be capped, I want the lines down my stomach on each side, I want a very defined six pack and I want my butt a little bit perkier. I guess I should lay off the cheeses and I need to do more cardio. I want to increase my endurance so I can do alot of running in the negev heat in august lol.

I will say I am off meat until I go. I dont crave it. The cheese would be good to lay off of too but honestly I only eat really high quality cheeses once or twice a week and milk in my cappucinos and that is it dairy wise. Otherwise I eat lots of protein, soy, veggies, fruits and occasionally the only other thing I splurge in is frozen yogurt. Also maybe once or twice a week and not when I eat the cheese. I do love a good steak but I dont crave it now and I am not going to have it until I am in israel.

I dont knwo what to say about siblings - are you happy or dreading? Israel doesnt have any restrictions for tourist visas so I have had tons of siblings over throughout the years and its tough. But its the women in his family (who dont really come here except MIL) that do all of the talking about fatter/thinner like we have discussed before... See thats why I want all of the things I mentioned above before I go, for once I just feel like being in your face like SEE nothing to criticize so STEP OFF! I know it all sounds so superficial and horrible~!

Oh yeah! that all sounds like awesome goals. I actualyl have little mini-body goals like that.. and often outfit-related goals. I have also come to terms with certain things-- like no matter how much i wish i had a flatter behind, I will always have a J-Lo bootie.

I am happy for his siblings if they get to come and supr-happy for Ammar.. i just don't want there to be anything to bring back as far as the fatter/thinner front. hope that makes sense. i know they will talk :) And LOl about "step off"! I totally get it!

Timeline

OK! Today, I decided just to run/walk as I felt like it-- as long as the running was 2min or over bursts. I think i ran about 16 minutes total and walked about 10. I am going to do some abs and weight stuff as well in a bit-- think I'll do some dishes first.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i was always wondering-- aren't you doing this on your lunch break at your work? I may be remembering totally wrong. i was just curious as to if they have full-facilities-- as it would seem kinda yuck to go back to work all sweaty lol. Otherwise I figured you were going to another gym on break.

What is everyone eating at this point? I know some were going more vegetarian, some were cutting portions, etc.

Yes, I workout on my lunch break - and they do have full facilities. Oh man, that would be gross if not, because I sweat a LOT! Soak through a t-shirt every day.

I'm pretty much not making any conscious effort in my diet anymore. My portions are smaller because my stomach has shrunk. I mean, I'm trying to eat healthy and all, but I don't deprive myself of anything. Least of all - cheese!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:unsure:

I vow to eat only fruit and veggies until 5pm. I also have made hubby PROMISE me the following:

1) he will no longer give me what's left on his plate

2) he will no longer pile on huge portions of rice on my plate

3) he will make sure I only eat fruit for dessert. No more ice cream. :cry::cry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

This is a great thread, very motivating! I'm looking forward to participating after I have the baby! I just discovered that Weight Watchers has a plan for nursing mommys! :dance:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

I vow to eat only fruit and veggies until 5pm. I also have made hubby PROMISE me the following:

3) he will make sure I only eat fruit for dessert. No more ice cream. :cry::cry:

i resolved last night to not eat any more frozen yogurt after dinner, only fruit (with whipped cream if necessary). you need protein during the day though bridget not just fruit and veggies.

no loss...1lb gain..haven't really been following any diet lately..coz i just don't care right now. I think AF is about to visit so I've got the pms munchies .. u know .. the ones that u wanna munch but are full but don't care so u munch anyways....yeah, those

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i resolved last night to not eat any more frozen yogurt after dinner, only fruit (with whipped cream if necessary). you need protein during the day though bridget not just fruit and veggies.

Well I figured I'd get the protein during dinner since we've been bbq'ing every night. I'll just cook more chicken and less steak tips. btw I'm STARVING right now. Every morning when I wake up I'm wicked nauseous and this has been going on for a few months now. That's when I need the bagel with peanut butter but this morning I just had mangos and plums instead. (and no i'm not preggers....had a tubal "incident" 2 months ago but that's about it).

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

You could bbq at night and eat it the following day for lunch or someting? You need protein in the day time coz ur body uses the protein for energy thru the day and the fruits and veggies are great at night (fruits can cause energy too so careful about eating them late at night)... I hope what ur doing works for u...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Well I figured I'd get the protein during dinner since we've been bbq'ing every night. I'll just cook more chicken and less steak tips. btw I'm STARVING right now. Every morning when I wake up I'm wicked nauseous and this has been going on for a few months now. That's when I need the bagel with peanut butter but this morning I just had mangos and plums instead. (and no i'm not preggers....had a tubal "incident" 2 months ago but that's about it).

celery sticks with moderate amounts of peanut butter or carrots would be a good thing to eat.

how about you take some of the leftover chicken fingers that your husband doesnt want to eat lol and cut it up and put on a salad for lunch the next day? i just think its more about having protein and feeling satisifed during the day vs. making sure you get it in.... if i didnt have a little protein with every meal i would feel starved....

You could always do what vegertarians do and combine your grains and veggies to make a complete protien. Very low fat, lower in calories and very filling. Or just add a bit of yogurt to dress your fruits or veggies. Bulgarian yogurt is very low in sugar and makes a great substitute for creme fraiche or sour cream!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.