chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

My worst eating problem is literally..."if it is open, i'm gonna eat it till its gone, especially if it is more than 500 calories and full of sugar"

If it is a big time "no no" I can't control myself .. its almost as if I rebel against what I should be doing. ... It is an actual eating disorder so its not as easy as saying "i eat too much".

It is very similar to this

Compulsive Overeating/Binge Eating Disorder

1. Fear of not being able to control eating, and while eating, not being able to stop.
  2. Isolation. Fear of eating around and with others.
  3. Chronic dieting on a variety of popular diet plans.
  4. Holding the belief that life will be better if they can lose weight.
  5. Hiding food in strange places (closets, cabinets, suitcases, under the bed) to eat at a later time.
  6. Vague or secretive eating patterns.
  7. Self-defeating statements after food consumption.
  8. Blames failure in social and professional community on weight.
  9. Holding the belief that food is their only friend.
  10. Frequently out of breath after relatively light activities.
  11. Excessive sweating and shortness of breath.
  12. High blood pressure and/or cholesterol.
  13. Leg and joint pain.
  14. Weight gain.
  15. Decreased mobility due to weight gain.
  16. Loss of sexual desire or promiscuous relations.
  17. Mood swings. Depression. Fatigue.
  18. Insomnia. Poor Sleeping Habits.
The bolded ones are the ones that pertain to me. I am not happy about it but I'm learning that the more I talk about my disorder, the better I do in accepting it and learning to defeat it. I'm extremely ashamed so please don't laugh. food actually is a major cause of stress in my life because usually it is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to bed. It drives me crazy coz I don't want to be this way. I want to be able to see a cake sitting there and say ..naaah I don't think I want any of that today. Instead all I can think about is how I'm gonna sneak over and eat it without anybody seeing me... :unsure: Maybe with all of your help i can overcome this...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Binge-eating disorder

When you have binge-eating disorder, you regularly eat excessive amounts of food (binge), sometimes for hours on end. You may eat when you're not hungry and continue eating even long after you're uncomfortably full. After a binge, you may try to diet or eat normal meals, triggering a new round of bingeing. You may be a normal weight, overweight or obese.

Emotional and behavioral symptoms of binge-eating disorder may include:

• Eating to the point of discomfort or pain
  • Eating much more food during a binge episode than during a normal meal or snack
  • Eating faster during binge episodes
  • Feeling that your eating behavior is out of control
  • Frequent dieting without weight loss
  • Frequently eating alone
  • Hoarding food
  • Hiding empty food containers
  • Feeling depressed, disgusted or upset over the amount eaten
  • Depression or anxiety

This article is almost me exactly.

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very helpful info Amal - thanks!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

I did a 8:15 mile today, so close to 8' flat!

Amal, I wonder if your insurance would cover meeting with a counselor/nutritionist seeing that you feel you have a medically documented disorder. That might be helpful in overcoming it.

I like to snack on cucumbers with vinegar and salt.

yummy. Ever add a little fresh dill? Let them sit in the fridge for a bit and its like eating fresh crispy pickles.

Brava! 4_1_2.gif

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
is a swift kick in the rump considered a buddy? coz that is what i need to get me goin'

I'd be happy to kick you in the rump :P j/k but we ARE going to walk once I'm there. I won't be staying too far from you at the hotel and then hopefully we'll be able to get an apt close to you as well inshallah. There are some owned by a muslim man that's like across the street from you that are pretty cheap. Hubby's been getting all kinds of calls since he left on the bus to come in for interviews and we just found out about another job today that he might get inshallah so we'll be able to get out of the hotel before too long! :D

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

ensha'allah VP. I think I'm gonna finish the last 1/4 of the cake they got for me for my birthday. its red velvet..*drool* and oh so fattening! Once it's gone I can stop thinking about it and get back to my diet. ::::snarl::::

the icing is enough to make u do the mile in 1 minute..soooooooooooo much sugar! "does the homer simpson drool noise"

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Im so jealous of your running.

I know I can do it, it is just that I cant wrap my head around it.

To get running in, i have been doing circuits or inteval training.

So I will run a few mins, get off and do kettlebells or something for a few mins, get back on and run with slightly more intensitity for a few mins, etc. i try to do this for like 30 mins then do more resistance training.

i dont know, i am seeing improvement so I am happy, I am getting very toned. I didnt really need to lose weight although I would like to drop 10lbs before israel this summer but that would be perfection and isnt really necessary. but i DO want to keep up my quest for an eight pack and the lines down the sides of my abs, and to be able to serve arak shots off of my a$$. hehehe not really, just would like to be able to... a woman who teaches this class i go to always says dont you want to serve margaritas off of your a$$e$? i figure arak more appropriate in the ME.

Filed: Timeline

After Tuesday, I took a few day break from Couch to 5K but I will start back tommorrow. I have to get thru today first.

I have not finished a session yet. I can do 3 of the 60 second runs, then I just walk my azz home. It might take me 2 weeks just to build up to a whole session.

I have something up my sleeve and keeping it close to the vest. It involves.....my future. Increasing my stamina and health are a good start.

Jackie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
It's so easy to gain weight & so difficult to lose it.

No kidding. I keep thinking I need to lose this weight now before I get PG. know Amal and Chaishai have had kids... anyone else in this thread? Is it harder to lose weight after being pregnant? I've heard it is but I was always wondering if those women jsut weren't exercising before is all.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

No kidding. I keep thinking I need to lose this weight now before I get PG. know Amal and Chaishai have had kids... anyone else in this thread? Is it harder to lose weight after being pregnant? I've heard it is but I was always wondering if those women jsut weren't exercising before is all.

it was actually easier for me to lose weight after getting pregnant. even more so after the second. not sure why. i think the mental part of it was after the second i knew i wasnt going to have anymore so there isnt that thing in my head saying "its ok if you arent at your goal weight because you are only going to gain with pregnancy anyway". i really kicked it in after my son who is now one and worked out and tried to eat healthy. my biggest vices are wine, margaritas, and then bad food choices after those. otherwise i pretty much eat 99% healthy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

it was actually easier for me to lose weight after getting pregnant. even more so after the second. not sure why. i think the mental part of it was after the second i knew i wasnt going to have anymore so there isnt that thing in my head saying "its ok if you arent at your goal weight because you are only going to gain with pregnancy anyway". i really kicked it in after my son who is now one and worked out and tried to eat healthy. my biggest vices are wine, margaritas, and then bad food choices after those. otherwise i pretty much eat 99% healthy.

I have some of the same vices. I know I need to lose weight before we even discuss having children. Gestational Diabeties runs in the family and its the last thing I need to complicate a potential pregnancy further then it already is.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Im so jealous of your running.

I know I can do it, it is just that I cant wrap my head around it.

To get running in, i have been doing circuits or inteval training.

So I will run a few mins, get off and do kettlebells or something for a few mins, get back on and run with slightly more intensitity for a few mins, etc. i try to do this for like 30 mins then do more resistance training.

i dont know, i am seeing improvement so I am happy, I am getting very toned. I didnt really need to lose weight although I would like to drop 10lbs before israel this summer but that would be perfection and isnt really necessary. but i DO want to keep up my quest for an eight pack and the lines down the sides of my abs, and to be able to serve arak shots off of my a$. hehehe not really, just would like to be able to... a woman who teaches this class i go to always says dont you want to serve margaritas off of your a$e$? i figure arak more appropriate in the ME.

:lol:

Well I can run a bit now, but I am far from an 6 pack, that's for sure. Unless it's the one in my fridge. :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.