1,807 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will be here to kick your asses if you don;t do it. :devil:

ETA: Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think their time span of 2 months is rather ambitious, especially if you're starting from scratch. So don't get discouraged. Just keep truckin'. :thumbs:

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I will be here to kick your asses if you don;t do it. :devil:

ETA: Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think their time span of 2 months is rather ambitious, especially if you're starting from scratch. So don't get discouraged. Just keep truckin'. :thumbs:

That's right! I've done it before and it's completely do able but you're allowed to repeat a week if you don't feel ready to advance yet.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well, I can only share with you how amazing it feels to be able to run now. You should go back and read the whole thread from the beginning. The beginning, when I had trouble running 3 or 5 minutes without stopping. Every day it was a chore. I hated it, I thought I just hated running.

There were so many times when I thought I should just give up. Exercise was painful, not enjoyable in the least. Why was I doing it? Just to lose weight? I could do that even without exercise. If you cut your calories enough, then you can lose weight without even exercising.

In the beginning I would have trouble running even a short distance. Little by little I have worked my way up to running 3 miles at a steady pace without trouble now.

That's not to say it's not difficult. Sure, I would rather spend my lunch break browsing VJ. But once I'm down there, running, I feel like I am accomplishing something. I feel like I am prolonging my life. I feel alive.

I know it sounds kind of cliche and dumb, but it is SO worth it. You will feel better about yourself. Not just about your body, but about what you are able to accomplish, physically.

My weight loss has not been fast. I have lost 16, well now 18 I think, pounds in over 5 months. I have gotten so many compliments about how good I look. And I know it's not just because of the weight loss, but because of how I present myself as a result of it.

I put on a pair of capris today that didn't even really fit me well the day I bought them, probably 5 years ago.

Thank you to all who have participated in this thread. It has really helped me keep going, helped me to stay accountable. Here's to the last 8 pounds or so!

:star:

I do hate running but I remember 2 summers ago doing it and feeling what you feel! I am starting again.

BTW, was this speech run concurrently with inspirational music, you staring into the distance, and some flag salutation? :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
BTW, was this speech run concurrently with inspirational music, you staring into the distance, and some flag salutation? :)

No, but it featured some inspirational dance accompaniment from Jennifer Beals to "What a Feeling". :lol:

Timeline
Crunch these numbers for me jenn....

A 20 minute workout

5 min of walking (ok, I can do that)

then 60 sec jog/ 90 sec walk...for a total of a 20 min workout.

If I am correct, that would be a 5 min walk,,then about 7 sets of 60 sec walk/ 90 sec jog..right?

jJ

I think the five minute warmup is outside the 20 minutes, so it would be 5 min walk then 8 sets of 60/90, but if you get too tired with the running, you could replace it with walking at any time. Yay! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm doing yard work today. mostly tree trimming this morning and then mowing after the grass dries out.

ya'll are welcome to come get a workout outside :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i'm doing yard work today. mostly tree trimming this morning and then mowing after the grass dries out.

Whenever I think about buying a house I remember you and your posts on doing yard work every weekend and I say to myself feeegetaboutit.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Whenever I think about buying a house I remember you and your posts on doing yard work every weekend and I say to myself feeegetaboutit.

:protest: just think of all the work you can do

just now back in from mowing about half the yard, trimmed some trees and hauled them to the burn pile. overall, about 6 hours outside. now i got a sunburn :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

I went to get a new bottle of metabolife and it looks different. It seems they may have revamped it again.... I hope not. When it first came out I used it and lost a LOT of weight! Then, after I had my daughter I tried it again but it didn't work the same so I used something from the doctor to lose the weight that time. Then a few months ago I found the old formula in the store again and I bought it but I didn't start taking it regularly until this month. It's been working fine but when I found it yesterday it's in a new bottle and called "ultra". They've got different formulas now and even have two different stages, one for losing and the other for maintaining. I hope this new kind works as well as the original. :(

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.