chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

back in the day.... I went from a size 14 to a size 8 and had 5 suits taken in for a total of $200 or so. This was about 12 years ago. The suits were expensive so no biggie there but if you're talking about stuff from Old Navy just save a few of the more comfy pants/shirts as fat clothes and give the rest to Goodwill. Then buy some new stuff. They just had a stuff a bag sale over there recently when we got some summer clothes for the girls.

The idea of doing any belly dancing moves or crunches makes me wanna hurl right now. Irony with me is that now that I CAN eat since I'm not on a weight limit thing, I CANT eat due to nauseau :(

I have to go food shopping in a few and am dreading every minute of it. blech

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long did they say u were to be out of commission? seems quite bad beings the nature of the surgery. what day was it u had it done? I hope u start feeling better soon...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
how long did they say u were to be out of commission? seems quite bad beings the nature of the surgery. what day was it u had it done? I hope u start feeling better soon...

5 to 10 days. Surgery was monday afternoon. The pain is definitely bearable. I'm taking 2 advil every four hours and am fine, it's the nausea from the gen'l anesthesia that's the killer. blech.

I have to go food shopping in a few and am dreading every minute of it. blech

Could you send your kids and your DH? Or a friend?

long walk for kids and dh. we went together and I actually felt better so made yummie koshari :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
OK so I have approx 3 months until I go to israel.

I want to drop 2 jeans sizes by then, and be very very very very toned.

Too much to ask?

Today I have eaten well so far, and worked out circuit training for an hour.

Sounds doable to me - good luck!

I've decided to skip my workouts for the next two weeks because I just have too much to do in preparation for my exams. I still plan to keep up with my dieting though. I'm going to count on you guys to help me motivate to get into my workout routine again as soon as my exam is over. Good luck to you guys in the meantime!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Too much to ask?

I am so jealous! How awesome! I keep getting to stare at it from across the Jordan. Ammar really wants to go but thinks going would probably be heck for him as a Jordanian with the Israelis.

Not too much to ask! I think you could do it if you really watched what you ate and worked intensively. DO you run at all? I dropped 2 pants sizes in a month when I was already thin by doing a walk-run combo 6 days a week for a total of 1.2 miles each time. Also drank a ton of water.

Too much to ask?

Also! some weight training is good and do some strenght stuff with your abs.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Too much to ask?

I am so jealous! How awesome! I keep getting to stare at it from across the Jordan. Ammar really wants to go but thinks going would probably be heck for him as a Jordanian with the Israelis.

Not too much to ask! I think you could do it if you really watched what you ate and worked intensively. DO you run at all? I dropped 2 pants sizes in a month when I was already thin by doing a walk-run combo 6 days a week for a total of 1.2 miles each time. Also drank a ton of water.

Too much to ask?

Also! some weight training is good and do some strenght stuff with your abs.

we are staring at each other. everytime i go to dead sea or drive thru the negev on the way to eilat i look at jordan, wish i could go check it out, i would love to go to petra. and of course my hubby would love to go too but thinks the same thing. sigh. i wish we could meet at the checkpoint and vouch for each other to cross over :)

i dont like to run, but i have running shoes. i just need a doable program - i cant run and run and run without stopping. any ideas - what is your walk run program?

yes i am definately going to load up on water.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
we are staring at each other. everytime i go to dead sea or drive thru the negev on the way to eilat i look at jordan, wish i could go check it out, i would love to go to petra. and of course my hubby would love to go too but thinks the same thing. sigh. i wish we could meet at the checkpoint and vouch for each other to cross over :)

i dont like to run, but i have running shoes. i just need a doable program - i cant run and run and run without stopping. any ideas - what is your walk run program?

yes i am definately going to load up on water.

Can your husband buy a visa in advance? I know you can. I also know you can't get one at the Allenby/King Hussein bridge. So it has ot be in advance. It's 10jd, so about $14 each for a one-time entry. There are a bazillion (yes, the techincal number) Israelis over in Jordan doing the tourist route. Jordan is trying ot figure out how to get them to spend the night since tourism is all it has got. I'd recommend spending the night at Petra. That would be awesome if we could vouch for each other lol.

I hate running. Really. I may rather induce vomiting. But the thing is, it makes for great results. I was on an indoor track and it was 13 laps to make a mile. So I walked 2 laps, then ran 2, then walked two, then ran 2, etc. I did a whole mile and then did 3 walking laps at the end (two more laps than is needed to make the mile). It wasn't too bad and really it was slow jogging.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WOW ~ this thread was buried ! I had been avoiding the scale for weeks, i just weighed in and lost another 5 lbs. :thumbs: I have been super busy and not making it to the gym as much, but keeping a very close eye on my food intake to compensate. I'm starting to get the feel for this balancing act that is weight loss !

Edited by Henna Rose

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

23lbs down!!!!! woot woot :dance::dance:

3 lbs since last wednesday and 7lbs since the wednesday before that!!! yay!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
23lbs down!!!!! woot woot :dance::dance:

3 lbs since last wednesday and 7lbs since the wednesday before that!!! yay!

That's awesome!!!! :thumbs: I"ll be back in the game soon I'm sure! For now I'm on a see-food diet. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.