chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey what do you guys do as your size gets smaller? Do you buy new clothes or do you have your clothes "taken in"? I've never done that, in fact, I think I'll have to go looking for a tailor because I can't sew for my life. And, not to jinx myself of course, but if you get clothes taken in, you can get them taken back out again, right?

You can get them let out some. It depends on how much they have to cut out of the material. I only get expensive things taken in.

Is it costly?

i.e. I'd be better off buying new Old Navy pants than getting them taken in?

Edited by Jenn!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Is it costly?

Oh heck yeah, you're going to pay more to have them taken in than an ON pair of pants is worth. I have 2 pairs of pants from Banana republic I paid to take in because they were $120 each originally. But $60 or less pants I forget it. You can always save them as pregnancy pants. That's what I did. Of course now I'm wearing them. pffftttt.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Is it costly?

Oh heck yeah, you're going to pay more to have them taken in than an ON pair of pants is worth. I have 2 pairs of pants from Banana republic I paid to take in because they were $120 each originally. But $60 or less pants I forget it. You can always save them as pregnancy pants. That's what I did. Of course now I'm wearing them. pffftttt.

Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. I generally won't spend more than $40-$50 on a pair of pants, so I guess I'm just gonna have to buy some new ones! I'd better start saving up... :unsure:

Timeline
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. I generally won't spend more than $40-$50 on a pair of pants, so I guess I'm just gonna have to buy some new ones! I'd better start saving up... :unsure:

Me either. I needed some dress slacks so i splurged, but that's all I have that's nice.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes always save SOME fat clothes. i gained/lost weight once already a while ago and when i lost the weight i threw away ALL my fat clothes. now that i've gained weight back i wish i had them! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

OK! So today I did some crunches. I can tell I'm losing weight slowly, but I think it's mostly from not eating like a crazed maniac.

Out of curiosity, what is the name for this style of dance? It's like belly dance crossed with african, right? It actually looks like a bunch of workable stomach exercises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yChT7ZgHbbk...feature=related

I am probably the only person who ever watched this thinking "that looks like a great type of crunch and lifting the solar plexis like that has got to be great."

ETA: holy #######. I suggest you try that beginning s. p. lift and rotation if you REALLY want to feel some work in the abs. OMG!

Edited by julianna

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

G-d I hate her! She's so freaking hot and an amazing dancer. I think you're right. I see some African style moves mixed with belly dancing, mixed with Latin. Very sexy!

*runs to put gym clothes on after seeing that.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

do not drink SODA !!!

03/14/2012: N-400 Filing Date

03/23/2012: N-400 NOA Date

05/07/2012: Biometrics Appt Date

06/18/2012: N-400 Interview Date (Approved)

07/20/2012: Oath Ceremony Date

__/__/____: US Passport Date

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8sjCO9IjyU

Timeline
G-d I hate her! She's so freaking hot and an amazing dancer. I think you're right. I see some African style moves mixed with belly dancing, mixed with Latin. Very sexy!

*runs to put gym clothes on after seeing that.

HAHA! Yes! That's exactly the effect it had on me.

Timeline

Hey Julianna, it *is* a blend of Bellydance w/ Brazilian/Spanish/Columbian/Latin dance. Shakira is half Lebanese and half Columbian (?) - can't remember. Most of what she's doing are sharp isolations from BD. My friend teaches a "BellyCore" class & a BellyRobics-type class that utilizes a lot of what Shakira's doing here. If done properly, you can work up a sweat just doing rib circles and lifts & drops. Also, isolating the abs for sharp, controlled hip/pelvic movement is an amazing workout.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
Hey Julianna, it *is* a blend of Bellydance w/ Brazilian/Spanish/Columbian/Latin dance. Shakira is half Lebanese and half Columbian (?) - can't remember. Most of what she's doing are sharp isolations from BD. My friend teaches a "BellyCore" class & a BellyRobics-type class that utilizes a lot of what Shakira's doing here. If done properly, you can work up a sweat just doing rib circles and lifts & drops. Also, isolating the abs for sharp, controlled hip/pelvic movement is an amazing workout.

Yeah, Latin dance in itself in a mixture of African, Native American, and Spanish/Portuguese dances. She just seemed ot be taking some of the really forceful and "big" moves from African and mixing it with Belly. It's actually an interesting synthesis. Just lifting the ribs is really a good workout if you do it right so i don't doubt that you could get a lot out of this. Plus, it looks more fun than the gym.

I think the moves could be obtained by consumating ur marriage A LOT while in the standing position. She did it alone, therefore proving that one does not need a partner to make those moves... if u perfected those moves...can u imagine how much ur SO would beg for intimate times....holy #######!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

:blush:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
amal you been reading romance novels again?

Jackie

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.