chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok, I am not on a diet, but I do have an exercise related question and this crowd, disciplined as you are, seems a good one to ask.

Anyone do yoga? I have for years (but I still suck) and love it. I had a class I really liked but I keep missing it due to an ever changing schedule. Now I am looking for a good yoga podcast so I can do it at home. Anyone have one they like? I'm up for any suggestions, but prefer Vinyasa.

I know the obvious suggestion here is to get a good dvd, but I hate exercise dvds beacuse I can't do the same routine everyday without getting really bored really quickly. And somehow yoga just isn't the same if I have to stare at a tv screen while I am doing it. So, I am searching for good podcasts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you heard of Hot Yoga (Bikram) it's done in a heated room and is supposed to be fantastic for loosening joints and muscles, has detoxing effects, clears brain fog. I just started researching it, anyone tried it? :unsure:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

I've tried it but it is just WAY too hot for me. Gasping, dripping--it was ugly. I have no idea how everyone around me was so zen while I was dying. Now I take an unheated class in a studio where they have a heated class before me so the room is pretty warm but I can still breathe. The heat really does help so I wish I could bear the really hot class, but I am a wimp. Boy, do I have respect for anyone who can sweat it out like that though!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The only thing close to yoga that I've ever done is pilates but I was told to stop that, even though I loved it. :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Why were you told to stop pilates? I would do it every day if classes didn't cost a fortune. I mean, really, a fortune. It is kind of absurd. But, pilates itself is amazing. I did a dvd for a while but, like I said before, got bored with the same thing over and over. Now I try to add some of what I remember into my daily stretching or somehwhere in the middle of yoga. Not quite the same as the real thing, but so it is for now. My alter ego does pilates every day and has perfect, strong and lithe, posture. She is also tall and has a perfect French accent.

Timeline
Why were you told to stop pilates? I would do it every day if classes didn't cost a fortune. I mean, really, a fortune. It is kind of absurd. But, pilates itself is amazing. I did a dvd for a while but, like I said before, got bored with the same thing over and over. Now I try to add some of what I remember into my daily stretching or somehwhere in the middle of yoga. Not quite the same as the real thing, but so it is for now. My alter ego does pilates every day and has perfect, strong and lithe, posture. She is also tall and has a perfect French accent.

My alter ego doesn't gain weight after eating a gallon of mint chocolate chip iced cream every night, jogs 20 miles everymorning and is fresh as a daisy by 6am whipping up nice hot breakfast stuffs for the kiddos, never procrastinates and you can eat off of her kitchen floor. :P

I dunno why not, the physical therapist told me my disk in my lower back is just too damaged, though I do the walk away the pounds video with no problems (when I do it :whistle: )

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Have you heard of Hot Yoga (Bikram) it's done in a heated room and is supposed to be fantastic for loosening joints and muscles, has detoxing effects, clears brain fog. I just started researching it, anyone tried it? :unsure:

I do bikram yoga from time to time. I would love to do it at least once a week but I never plan it. I have it in my calendar for this week we will see how it goes.

It totally relaxes your muscles, improves your flexibility, detoxes you and you lose about a lb of water weight during the class. its a 90 min class and its done in 108 degree heated room. It is very challenging.

i dont usually do pilates but i bought a pilates ring and im addicted to it. i sit in front of the computer squeezing my inner and outer thighs. i might bring it to work i will have thighs of steel!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i've always wanted to try bikram yoga. not sure why i never got off my lazy ####### and didn't try it yet.

i've done hatha yoga plenty though (they have classes at my gym so i don't have to pay extra)

don't know anything about podcasts or anything though, sorry! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i did yard work today, filled up the trailer with brush :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Walked to the building from the pkg lot again today. Anyone check out the gross food thread in OT? Definitely a diet booster!

I think I'm going to do good this week only because I'm so nervous about my husband coming on Friday I constantly feel like I'm gonna puke! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
i cheated big time last night. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

double scoop cone from baskin robbins. at least i didn't eat dinner. lol

Yum! So you get to pick the next challenge then! Jenn is a wimp and didn't do it. :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.