chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The second step is figuring out what you *should* be doing :) Then you figure out what you ARE doing adn then look at how to make the switch. That's one of the hardest parts IMO.

part of food addiction is control and control is what leads to either over-eating or under-eating... it's the same thing. So you've got to try to work with yourself and then move into a more healthy outlook. It doesn't happen overnight. I'm still working on it over 10 years later... and I imagine I'll always think, for the rest of my life, about how if I could jsut stop eating for the next 3 months.. I could lose...

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it's totally a state of mind. People can really be their own worst enemy when it comes to eating issues...validating. "Oh I had such a hard day, I deserve this pint of ice cream. Or, I've already blown it for the day, why stop now?" etc.

BUT, I've been kind of feeling OCD about what I'm eating these days. Same concept - it's all or nothing - total nazi-like control, or complete lack of control.

So hard to find a healthy balance when you really do love food!

I've been OCD to a point too. I won't eat something if I don't know how many calories is in it. If it ain't on the bag, it ain't goin in my mouth. Problem is that I can't stop at just 1 serving (if it is a multiserving container). I think..ok, i've had 5 servings, that is 500 calories.....ok..ooooooo i see an apple, thats only 63 calories........ooooo peanut butter cookies...only 100 calories... I forget that I'm supposed to add all the calories up lol... I've somehow managed to remember by suppertime and MOST OF THE DAYS I'm able to stay within the 1800 to 2010 calorie range that is supposed to help me lose the lbs.

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Hubster is a eat-to-live person and i hate him for it. He barely eats 1 meal a day and doesn't care.

I inherited my dads "live to eat" personality regretably but he has high metabolism and weighs only 145lbs MAX. We're talkin' about a man that eats chili from one of those countrytime butter tubs..its like a 5lb tub or so...and then gets 2nds and 3rds! He'll eat 6 eggs for breakfast with toast, cheese, mayo, bacon, sausage....then some gritz and a biscuit. I'm sincerely envious of his ability to eat everything and maintain a good physique.

I gotta go husband-a-fy my house (clean) I don't want to have to do anything over the weekend but that means i haveta get it done today before he getts home. luckily he's such a perfectionist that all I really have to do is sweep the kitchen and bathrooms, finish laundry, and vaccum the floors and I should be done. woohoo. I guess I can say yayy for hubster being so picky about how the house looks coz I have very little left to do before i am able to relax!

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hubster is a eat-to-live person and i hate him for it. He barely eats 1 meal a day and doesn't care.

I inherited my dads "live to eat" personality regretably but he has high metabolism and weighs only 145lbs MAX. We're talkin' about a man that eats chili from one of those countrytime butter tubs..its like a 5lb tub or so...and then gets 2nds and 3rds! He'll eat 6 eggs for breakfast with toast, cheese, mayo, bacon, sausage....then some gritz and a biscuit. I'm sincerely envious of his ability to eat everything and maintain a good physique.

Yes, these are the people I truly envy, the ones who live to eat and are able to do it without consequence, not the people who don't enjoy eating at all. However, don't forget that you can be thin and terribly unhealthy, too! Cholesterol and blood pressure issues don't limit themselves to those with the extra poundage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yes, these are the people I truly envy, the ones who live to eat and are able to do it without consequence, not the people who don't enjoy eating at all. However, don't forget that you can be thin and terribly unhealthy, too! Cholesterol and blood pressure issues don't limit themselves to those with the extra poundage.

Haha! revenge! Ammar finally got on the scale, and although ALl his clothes still fit just fine he's gained 14kg since he got here. I am thinking, though, that at least 10kg is muscle. But still! Something! Anything!!! He's 6'2" and is whining now that he weighs 185. He wants to be back at like 155. Whatever. Jerk. Eats everything and still looks good and now is getting a 6-pack on his stomach. And he doesn't work out.

I know it's all related to his new second job where he stacks 50lb boxes for 40 hrs/week, but still. I mean really. He lives on cookies and cakes and danishes and soda.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

:dance: Finally, something positive... 15.2lbs down now! :dance: And to think I almost stopped at Sonic for a supersonic bfast burrito this morning...no sausage of course.... BUT I didn't.. yay me!

Interview-December 2005

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i should definitely join this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, i finally got myself to get on the scale a few days ago...and.... :( i see that i have gained 30 pounds since last february :cry: thank GOD, everyone says that they can't tell that i gained thirtyyyyyyyyyyyy pounds!!! but that's doesn't make it any less crazyyyyyyyyyyy!!! the depression from that visa wait in addition to stress with school reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy reallyyyyyyyyyy have taken their toll on me!!!!! i was on LA Weightloss for a while and i lost a lot with them...but when I was separated from my husband at the end of january, 2007--i was soooo depressed and i couldn't think straight at all....it was just a really rough time..so i never visited LA Weightloss since then...i decided to go back the other day--only to find that they went out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: wth!!!!??

anyway--so, now i wanna lose the 30 pounds that i gained, plus 20 more--but first 30!!!!!!!!!!!! haha...i just started the special k diet...i think it's the easiest thing to follow with school and stuff...

i can't wait to be with my husband and be finished with school!!!!!!!!!! i want a normal life!!!!!

...any suggestions? anyone tried the special k diet?...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline

Went to work out today after 3 days off...felt good to get back into the swing. I find that if I don't work out, then I have a hard time keeping to my diet goals as well. I totally fell off the wagon for a few days as I was at an off-site training class with no gym, of course, and yummy treats all day! I know I told myself I would stop weighing myself :blush: but I just *had* to today to see how much I set myself back. Thankfully, I didn't gain any weight, so I'm just going to pick up where I left off and pretend the last 3 days never happened.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i should definitely join this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, i finally got myself to get on the scale a few days ago...and.... :( i see that i have gained 30 pounds since last february :cry: thank GOD, everyone says that they can't tell that i gained thirtyyyyyyyyyyyy pounds!!! but that's doesn't make it any less crazyyyyyyyyyyy!!! the depression from that visa wait in addition to stress with school reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy reallyyyyyyyyyy have taken their toll on me!!!!! i was on LA Weightloss for a while and i lost a lot with them...but when I was separated from my husband at the end of january, 2007--i was soooo depressed and i couldn't think straight at all....it was just a really rough time..so i never visited LA Weightloss since then...i decided to go back the other day--only to find that they went out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: wth!!!!??

anyway--so, now i wanna lose the 30 pounds that i gained, plus 20 more--but first 30!!!!!!!!!!!! haha...i just started the special k diet...i think it's the easiest thing to follow with school and stuff...

i can't wait to be with my husband and be finished with school!!!!!!!!!! i want a normal life!!!!!

...any suggestions? anyone tried the special k diet?...

It's insidious the way it creeps back on you for sure!!!! I hate it! I have to watch every little thing I eat or faggitaboutit.

I have never done the special K but that's definitely a good way to ease yourself into it. Not sure how easy it will be though seeing as your hubby will be here soon and you'll be cooking all those yummie meals! I totally can't wait till after the operation so I can eat as much as he'll be eating!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I have an idea to boost the thread! What if we each post a challenge for the day, and all of us agree to do it, and we check in that we did it!

Challenge for tonight - do 100 crunches! Even if you did crunches already today, do another 100!

Timeline
I have an idea to boost the thread! What if we each post a challenge for the day, and all of us agree to do it, and we check in that we did it!

Challenge for tonight - do 100 crunches! Even if you did crunches already today, do another 100!

Done! I can never turn down a challenge. :)

Did I win? Huh? Huh?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Done! I can never turn down a challenge. :)

Did I win? Huh? Huh?

you won, im still sitting here in front of the computer!!!!

but i will do them!!!

you are up for picking tomorrows challenge!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.