MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
LOL Bridget! Well when is the operation?

third week in april :) Someone told me about a neck stretcher. I'm looking into it. :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh, so not very far away at all. So you could probably lose those extra pounds for real by the time you go, then be all, hmm, I don't know why they said I was that tall! :)

I just don't understand why I can't seem to lose ANY weight! It's driving me nuts! I'm about to go on to my "working" diet which will cause a drop for sure... because this is driving me nuts.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm MAD now. I tried on my "fat jeans" this morning and they're too tight! I'm mad at myself but I'm going to take it out on the gym! I kicked ####### today in the spin class and ab class...and spent like 20 minutes in the sauna.

My favorite cardio is by far a spinning class. I used to be able to do a two hour hardcore class... now I can BARELY scrape by an hour class but that's with not working as hard as everyone else. :dead:

I also like yoga (I break a sweat!) and the elliptical sometimes.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
I'm MAD now. I tried on my "fat jeans" this morning and they're too tight! I'm mad at myself but I'm going to take it out on the gym! I kicked ####### today in the spin class and ab class...and spent like 20 minutes in the sauna.

My favorite cardio is by far a spinning class. I used to be able to do a two hour hardcore class... now I can BARELY scrape by an hour class but that's with not working as hard as everyone else. :dead:

I also like yoga (I break a sweat!) and the elliptical sometimes.

Same here. Wearing clothes I had saved from being "fat" before for PREGNANCY. I'm wearing my PREGNANT clothes. WTH?! I wish I was pregnant.

What do you do in spinning class? I've always wondered yet been to lazy to look it up.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

they have stationary bikes set up that you can adjust how hard you pedal. the teacher usually has loud music and yells out instructions to simulate riding on the street. sprints, hills, intervals, standing, sitting, etc. its REALLY hard work (probably burns the most or close to the most calories for a cardio workout) but you can control yourself how hard you want to work with the knob. i love it! depending on the teacher or gym they have the lights turned off and a blue light on so everything is glowing and they play loud trance music too. those are my favorite kind. but today the lady did rock music and it was fun too!

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
they have stationary bikes set up that you can adjust how hard you pedal. the teacher usually has loud music and yells out instructions to simulate riding on the street. sprints, hills, intervals, standing, sitting, etc. its REALLY hard work (probably burns the most or close to the most calories for a cardio workout) but you can control yourself how hard you want to work with the knob. i love it! depending on the teacher or gym they have the lights turned off and a blue light on so everything is glowing and they play loud trance music too. those are my favorite kind. but today the lady did rock music and it was fun too!

That soudns fun-- the right music can help you forget about the exercise as much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so proud of myself - I just ran 2 miles without stopping! :dance: I can't remember the last time I did that...when this thread started I was having trouble with a half mile!

Now to reward myself with some PIE.

Just kidding! :jest:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio + 15 minutes of weights, 5 times a week.

I think I should invest in a digital scale of some sort. The scale I've been using in the gym is not very good, I don't think. I weigh myself several times and take the average, but the reading will fluctuate up to 3 pounds depending on where I put the scale.

My husband used to be a personal trainer so I have lots of knolege on this stuff.

1) If you are working out, dont even bother with a scale, it is not accurate at all, It does not show what you are actually loosing (you could be loosing water, muscle, or fat) measure your body fat percentage, it is percise.

2) muscle weighs more than fat, (another reason to not use the scale). So you might be trully burning fat, but the scale may say you gained 1 pound. It could be 1 lb of muscle.

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Timeline
exactly why i like it! an hour goes by and BOOM you burned 800 calories :)

Holy Carpe Diem! Really? like 800 calories? i wish I had a spinning class! I'd go like 3-4 times a week and drop pounds like no tomorrow.

Ammar says I look thinner and that is like a miracle for him to say that. He never says that even when I am thinner. Maybe in a week i'll weigh myself.

Timeline

OK, I couldn't take it anymore. in the morning I can see my ribs again and i was so excited (they were TOTALLY camouflaged before and now if I kind of bend to the side (and suck in) I can see all of them!).

I have only lost 3 freaking pounds.

Edited by julianna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm going to take nana's advice, and not weigh myself anymore (this will be hard!). My skinny jeans usually don't fit me when I am the weight that I am currently, so I don't think the scale is doing me justice.

Timeline
I'm going to take nana's advice, and not weigh myself anymore (this will be hard!). My skinny jeans usually don't fit me when I am the weight that I am currently, so I don't think the scale is doing me justice.

That's good advice. I've been holding off for a few weeks. I actually got in some good exercise yesterday, so i think i'll do it again today. I need to lose at least 30 lbs, so I'm just 10lbs above my goal. i someone wonder if when i hit that 10lbs if I'll be at my goal size because I will have been exercising-- so I'm not too into the last 10lbs.

ETA the goal size is size 2. Right now I'm in my size 8s.

Edited by julianna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.