chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh well i guess i'll start tomorrow. husband left a few hours ago and i'm extremely sad and pigged out on two pieces of margarita pizza i added goat cheese to. as long as i don't eat anything later i'm okay for the day. :(

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm eating about 1900 calories a day and burning about 400 through exercise. That's supposed to result in a 1-1.5 lb weight loss per week for me. So far it's been working pretty well. I really want to be able to keep it off - that's far more important than seeing high numbers on the scale.

Atkins you will lose fast, but just put it back on! Not a good long term solution! (IMO of course, I know there are people who have succeeded in long term weight loss this way)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
oh well i guess i'll start tomorrow. husband left a few hours ago and i'm extremely sad and pigged out on two pieces of margarita pizza i added goat cheese to. as long as i don't eat anything later i'm okay for the day. :(

((((hugs)))))

I love margarita pizza. I'm amazed you stopped at two! :blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i used to work with a famous pastry chef who did the atkins diet and lost tons of weight. who woulda thought? he did STAY on it though... apparently he lost the weight long before i worked with him and he still didn't eat sugar. i can't imagine the willpower he had working with all those desserts and not sneaking a taste!

((((hugs)))))

well there are two more pieces in the fridge (large pieces too!!!). hopefully i'll stay away. for as fat as i am, i really can't eat that much. i'm pretty full right now. but if you put ice cream in front of me, i can sure pack that away! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

((((hugs)))))

margarita pizza? does it have salt and tequila in it? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Bridget, you said you went from a 16W to a 14W, right? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is that different from a regular 14? Or a 13 in juniors for that matter? I always thought it was all the same thing!

Timeline
Bridget, you said you went from a 16W to a 14W, right? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is that different from a regular 14? Or a 13 in juniors for that matter? I always thought it was all the same thing!

I believe a 14W is like a normal 15. I'm going by Lane Bryant sizes here. It's basically a way to make us Pooh shaped girls feel better about buying a bigger size. :blush:

Weird though that Old Navy 14 (not 14W) fits me but Gap 14 doesn't so I think it depends on the store too.

Timeline

I believe a 14W is like a normal 15. I'm going by Lane Bryant sizes here. It's basically a way to make us Pooh shaped girls feel better about buying a bigger size. :blush:

Weird though that Old Navy 14 (not 14W) fits me but Gap 14 doesn't so I think it depends on the store too.

I see, kind of, lol. So a 15 is different from a 16? Does that mean that a 14W is really a 16 and a 16W is really an 18? When I buy clothes, they're often labeled 9/10 or 11/12, etc. I'm so foncused!

Yeah, Old Navy runs big - I always buy a size down from my normal size there.

ETA: Oops, I mean Old Navy has correct sizes and everywhere else runs a size too small! ;)

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

I see, kind of, lol. So a 15 is different from a 16? Does that mean that a 14W is really a 16 and a 16W is really an 18? When I buy clothes, they're often labeled 9/10 or 11/12, etc. I'm so foncused!

Yeah, Old Navy runs big - I always buy a size down from my normal size there.

ETA: Oops, I mean Old Navy has correct sizes and everywhere else runs a size too small! ;)

phhhhlt!!!!! New York Inc runs big too. So does Eddie Bauer. I think Ann Taylor runs true to size which is why I NEVER shop there. lol

Where are the Margaritas? :whistle:

In the virtual bar next to the coffee :)

Timeline

:blink:

Weighed myself this am and I was down one pound but then had to go to doctor to get pre-op bloodwork done and their scale say's i'm 2 pounds heavier than my scale but my scale is supposed to be wicked good. All I had between weighing myself here and going there is one instant breakfast shake and 2 cups of coffee. Surely those don't weigh 2 whole pounds!!! omg i'm gonna be freakin' till this thing is over. :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.