chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
since my husband is leaving for morocco tomorrow, it will be MUCH easier for me to diet now! starting my protein shake with acai in the morning, salad with grilled chicken or fish for lunch, a yogurt somewhere in there, fruit, and a lean cuisine or other light dinner. works for me! hopefully i can drop a clothing size ASAP!

Let me know how it goes Jen! I feel thinner today than yesterday, but then again I can't tell by my work clothes.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

it is much easier to diet when you don't have to cook for anyone else. It pains me to cook these nice dinners and only drink my shake. :( Ah well real food awaits me in 5 weeks! :dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
it is much easier to diet when you don't have to cook for anyone else. It pains me to cook these nice dinners and only drink my shake. :( Ah well real food awaits me in 5 weeks! :dance:

How much do you hope to go down in those 5 weeks?

Timeline

How much do you hope to go down in those 5 weeks?

7 pounds :blush:

Timeline

Hey Bridget, I was going to ask but forgot in my last post-- how long did it take for you to drop the 18lbs? Has that just been since you started in this thread?

Timeline

Hey Bridget, I was going to ask but forgot in my last post-- how long did it take for you to drop the 18lbs? Has that just been since you started in this thread?

yup. :) The first week was the biggest drop...I think it was 7 pounds or something. I can't remember.

Timeline

yup. :) The first week was the biggest drop...I think it was 7 pounds or something. I can't remember.

I think you're right-- you dropped like 7lbs in one week. LOL wish I would drop 7lbs. It jsut seemed to me to be not very long and so I thought I would ask. You've lost a lot! 18lbs is a lot :) You've done really well.

Timeline

I think you're right-- you dropped like 7lbs in one week. LOL wish I would drop 7lbs. It jsut seemed to me to be not very long and so I thought I would ask. You've lost a lot! 18lbs is a lot :) You've done really well.

Thanks. I had been on prednisone before starting though so I attribute the 7 pounds, or at least 5 of it, to water weight. I have not taken any prednisone since I started and won't until I get back from the surgery.

Timeline
Thanks. I had been on prednisone before starting though so I attribute the 7 pounds, or at least 5 of it, to water weight. I have not taken any prednisone since I started and won't until I get back from the surgery.

So does it make a huge difference in your clothes? I have this closet right now, sitting and doing NOTHING. I can wear like 3 things in there. It's pretty pathetic. I am determined to be able to wear at least a 4th thing in the next 2 weeks LOL.

Is there any way you can get out of your prednisone or take somehting that doesn't cause as much water retention?

I gained 2lbs since yesterday :( It COULD be the massive buffet we ate at Ryans last night for lil'mans birthday OR the fact that I'm bloated like all getout on my 3rd week of Aunt Flos visit, OR that I'm wearing a heavy pair of jeans today.

:crying: soooooooooooooooooooo I ate a whole turkey n cheese sub from Quiznos (like 700 calories, i think, for a 12 inch) AND soup (380 calories) for lunch. Now, I can either *not* eat anything else today and stay below my calorie allowance OR say screw it and pig out :unsure: I hate dieting.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

So does it make a huge difference in your clothes? I have this closet right now, sitting and doing NOTHING. I can wear like 3 things in there. It's pretty pathetic. I am determined to be able to wear at least a 4th thing in the next 2 weeks LOL.

Is there any way you can get out of your prednisone or take somehting that doesn't cause as much water retention?

clothes - yes! I've dropped one size! :dance::dance: I went from a 16W to a 14W :)

prednisone - *sigh* yes I could take one of a few meds in place of it BUT I cannot do so while pregnant or trying to get pregnant. That is the reason I am still in pain since I'm holding off on treatment until I have a baby inshallah. Once I give birth I am going on a totally new medicinal regime which will give me a whole new life hopefully pain free! :dance:

I gained 2lbs since yesterday :( It COULD be the massive buffet we ate at Ryans last night for lil'mans birthday OR the fact that I'm bloated like all getout on my 3rd week of Aunt Flos visit, OR that I'm wearing a heavy pair of jeans today.

:crying: soooooooooooooooooooo I ate a whole turkey n cheese sub from Quiznos (like 700 calories, i think, for a 12 inch) AND soup (380 calories) for lunch. Now, I can either *not* eat anything else today and stay below my calorie allowance OR say screw it and pig out :unsure: I hate dieting.

(F) amal (F)

I hate dieting tooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What does your dr. say about the amount of calories your taking in? If I'm right you're only doing 1,000/day right? That's wicked low I think, though I should talk I'm about 800/day but only doing this for a few weeks. You might wanna hike it up so that you CAN eat at the buffets though within reason.

Timeline

Ohh... i didn't know prednisone was one of the ones safe for pregnancy. I see! Makes sense now!!

Oh MY. The renovation guy in front of me has "fresh prince of bel aire" as his ringtone. That is seriously awesome. I had to share.

i am trying to stay under 1500 calories...i didn't think that was too low since the average for "normal ppl" is 2000/day. I should be dropping it like crazy but its not going away..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

if i don't lose anymore this week...i may try the atkins again. at least i was happy on that one. maaaaaaaaaaaan i'd stuff myself and lose 2lbs a day. it couldn't be worse than staying at my current weight, right?

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.