chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

i was smart this time and emailed myself the link AND pin so I can change it when needed..woot! 10lbs.. i am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into for more than a year. They are a wee bit snug but not uncomfy. before I started this diet, i couldn't get them past my hips and the button was at least 6 inches or more away from the button hole so I'm losing slowly but losing inches too. yayyyyyy

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i was smart this time and emailed myself the link AND pin so I can change it when needed..woot! 10lbs.. i am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't been able to squeeze into for more than a year. They are a wee bit snug but not uncomfy. before I started this diet, i couldn't get them past my hips and the button was at least 6 inches or more away from the button hole so I'm losing slowly but losing inches too. yayyyyyy

(F) amal (F)

I had to lay down and suck it in DEEP to get into my slacks but I knew I was pushing it. I don't want to bask in the glory of my loose pants since then my head will tell me it's ok to have that extra 1/4 cup of almonds. lol

Lemme tell you all something................as SOON as I am able to eat solid foods after this operation..............(which is the first sign of being able to pass gas)..............I am having a humungous plate of my lemon/garlic fettucine alfredo with an extra slice of garlic bread on the side topped off with mint chocolate chip ice cream with extra jimmies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever been this hungry and not given in to it before in my life but I need to lose 8 more pounds to get to my bmi that I need since I found out that I'm 5'2 1/4 instead of 5'3" :blink::blink::blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

(F) amal (F)

I had to lay down and suck it in DEEP to get into my slacks but I knew I was pushing it. I don't want to bask in the glory of my loose pants since then my head will tell me it's ok to have that extra 1/4 cup of almonds. lol

Lemme tell you all something................as SOON as I am able to eat solid foods after this operation..............(which is the first sign of being able to pass gas)..............I am having a humungous plate of my lemon/garlic fettucine alfredo with an extra slice of garlic bread on the side topped off with mint chocolate chip ice cream with extra jimmies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever been this hungry and not given in to it before in my life but I need to lose 8 more pounds to get to my bmi that I need since I found out that I'm 5'2 1/4 instead of 5'3" :blink::blink::blink:

Girl, you be careful there. After all this hard work, do you wanna blow it due to the "just cuz i can eat now" thing? I'm keepin my eyes on u chicka! how bout half a humungous plate of alfredo stuff, 1 pc of bread, and half cup of ice cream and eat it realllllllllllll slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D:D:D

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

(F) amal (F)

Girl, you be careful there. After all this hard work, do you wanna blow it due to the "just cuz i can eat now" thing? I'm keepin my eyes on u chicka! how bout half a humungous plate of alfredo stuff, 1 pc of bread, and half cup of ice cream and eat it realllllllllllll slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D:D:D

i know i know. pmsing so craving EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN right now!!!!! lol.

You know this brings up a good question though not sure this thread is the appropriate place.........are you all able to pig out as freely when the need is there in front of your husbands or do you wait till they're out with buddies to break out the pasta? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) amal (F)

i know i know. pmsing so craving EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN right now!!!!! lol.

You know this brings up a good question though not sure this thread is the appropriate place.........are you all able to pig out as freely when the need is there in front of your husbands or do you wait till they're out with buddies to break out the pasta? :unsure:

No, I'm not shy at all in front of Mr. I Can Eat an Entire Cake!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG !!!!!!!!! I just tried Quaker mini delights (chocolate mint ) 90 calorie paks and I thought I was eating thin mints! What a great substitute without all the fat, calories and guilt :thumbs:

I used to be a big snacker, so replacing some of my favorites helps alot ! BTW, I also use the SB Diet dressings. They are low-cal, tasty and made with the good Omega 3 oils!

I have been to the gym 3x this week and sticking with the salads for lunch (F)

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

lost only 1 pound this week. getting nervous since i need to be down by 6 pounds by april 20.

Edited by bridget

Timeline

Only 1 pound today?! At that rate you'll be like 35 pounds lighter by your surgery.

I think I'm gonna weigh myself today. I had a bad food weekend having company and everything, but I'm hoping it won't set me back too much. I'm not feeling very confident about losing 11 more pounds by 4/25 (my original goal).

Oh never mind, you mean you weighed yourself today and lost 1 pound for the week? It's still progress....

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline
Only 1 pound today?! At that rate you'll be like 35 pounds lighter by your surgery.

I think I'm gonna weigh myself today. I had a bad food weekend having company and everything, but I'm hoping it won't set me back too much. I'm not feeling very confident about losing 11 more pounds by 4/25 (my original goal).

Oh never mind, you mean you weighed yourself today and lost 1 pound for the week? It's still progress....

yeah but i was hoping for a whoooooooooooooosh, ya know? oh well i'm gonna cut back on the cheese and add more veggies and see what that does for me. 11 by 4/25 is very optimistic!!!!!

Timeline

yeah but i was hoping for a whoooooooooooooosh, ya know? oh well i'm gonna cut back on the cheese and add more veggies and see what that does for me. 11 by 4/25 is very optimistic!!!!!

Well, when I originally set the goal, 18 pounds in 12 weeks didn't sound all that difficult. I refuse to drastically cut calories/carbs though since that's a surefire way for me to just gain it all right back. I think I can at least do 5 more by then though.

Timeline

Well, when I originally set the goal, 18 pounds in 12 weeks didn't sound all that difficult. I refuse to drastically cut calories/carbs though since that's a surefire way for me to just gain it all right back. I think I can at least do 5 more by then though.

Yeah lemme tell ya if it weren't for the pressure that I'm under in order to have the operation I would have binged bigtime by now. This is no fun at all. I don't even know how many calories I'm eating/day but I would venture a guess that it's no more than 1,000.

5 by then is definitely doable if you stick to it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.