chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ugh, this week I gained back 3 of the 4 pounds that I lost last week. What gives? I'm so discouraged. I've been sooooo good at exercising and my diet. (it's not due to my cycle)

Someone please tell me why I'm busting my azz again. :unsure:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:devil: Attack of the Thin Mints :devil:

:help: I was attacked by those sinfully good cookies last night, and this morning I woke up with a sugar hangover!

Darn those cute, little, smiling girl scouts! (i used to be one years ago) How can I not support them? I suppose just give them a donation and not take the cookies! :wacko:

Anyway, just acknowledging, being accountable and moving on! Today is a new day (F)

I hear ya!!! I did, however, successfully turn down an offer of World's Finest Choc Covered Almonds! :thumbs:

Thin Mints are still lurking in my freezer - and like Noah's Ark, they are entering my body 2 by 2 :help:

I literally have 3 cartons full of those boxes! My 10 yr old is a girlscout and everyone in my family ordered one of each! lol

Ugh, this week I gained back 3 of the 4 pounds that I lost last week. What gives? I'm so discouraged. I've been sooooo good at exercising and my diet. (it's not due to my cycle)

Did you eat a lot of salty foods?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Did you eat a lot of salty foods?

No, unless I'm eating something that has a lot of salt that I'm not aware of. I don't think that's it.

This is so frustrating. Oh well, I'm gonna try to stick with it. In any case, I want to keep up my exercising. But I'm not sure it's worth it to be making all these sacrifices on my eating when I could be not losing weight while eating what I'd like. :angry:

Timeline
Oh, and I need to figure out how to turn my turtle to face the other direction. :ranting:

:lol:

well not to belittle the moment but I just thought that it's so ironic that when we gain weight we want to give up losing it. If I think about that concept too much I get dizzy 'cause it's so ....ironic. lol

Timeline
Oh, and I need to figure out how to turn my turtle to face the other direction. :ranting:

:lol:

well not to belittle the moment but I just thought that it's so ironic that when we gain weight we want to give up losing it. If I think about that concept too much I get dizzy 'cause it's so ....ironic. lol

I'd rather gain weight by eating chocolate than by eating celery sticks, grrrr.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jenn ~ Try not to be too discouraged, the scale can be real deceiving and may not be reflecting a gain at all. Our weight can vary from day to day based on so many factors. Someone mentioned salt. Also, since you have been weight lifting, you may be experiencing a gain in muscle mass because muscle weighs more than fat, but yet it's compact! Weight lifting is so good for women because the more muscle we carry, the more calories we burn even at rest !

I would guess your clothes are looser, and this can sometimes provide a more accurate measure of our progress than the scale. :thumbs:

Drink alot of water for a few days, and weigh yourself again. You may not need to turn that turtle around!

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement, Henna! You're right - it could be a number of things. I had a doctor's appointment, and related to a different issue, she thought that I might be dehydrated. So I'm trying to drink more water and I'm gonna keep on going.

Turtle power!

Timeline
Thanks for the encouragement, Henna! You're right - it could be a number of things. I had a doctor's appointment, and related to a different issue, she thought that I might be dehydrated. So I'm trying to drink more water and I'm gonna keep on going.

Turtle power!

lol I haven't hear that expression in a while!! lol.

I never understood how drinking water can help you lose water but I'm starting to agree. I used to barely drink 8 ounces/day and now I'm chugging 64oz/day and it's really helping a lot.

here's a calculator to see how much water you should drink per day. I should be at around 96 oz/day. http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Timeline

Yeah, geez it says 100 oz. for me - that is a lot. I've been probably drinking almost 64 oz. including the water I drink when I work out and I thought I was doing good, but I guess not!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Tomorrow's weigh in for me!

weightLoss29.gif

Yay good luck! I am sure you will see progress. I have been sick all weekend. No workouts. I pushed myself at the end of last week thinking I would "sweat it out" when I started to get sick. Well it backfired and I got worse. Ugh

You know, I don't think I've ever posted in here before and if i have, it was wayyyyyyyy back in the first coupla pages.

I've been doing a "banquet" diet and lost 7lbs in my first 5 days.

I found the Banquet meals at Wally-World for 0.88 cents each and since i'm poor, that was a great price for me. The only problem is that they have mega sodium so I've been trying to remember to drink more water so it will flush that shtuff out.

I can't afford the lean cuisines or healthy choice meals so this is what I'm stuck with.

I've done the Atkins diet and did really well (over 60lbs in 1.5 months) the only problem is that it hasn't done a bit of good for me since I became sick with all sortsa infections. in fact, it constipates me and causes me to gain weight rather than lose. I even stuck it out for more than a month and ended up gaining 25lbs so no more Atkins for me.

I have tried my own version of diets such as portion control and , well, honestly...my portions are for giants and I CAN NOT get the self control to give myself less or even cook less for that matter.

I'm severely addicted to food emotionally and mentally so it is my enemy and single portioned meals are my last resort before signing myself up for g-bypass or lapband surgery. I have had so many surgeries already that I really don't wanna have another one so I'm gripping at threads to stay on this diet. It works well as long as I'm not at home all day. If I'm at work..no problemo. An apple for b/fast, meal for lunch, 6 crackers for a snack and possibly another apple, then a meal for supper with a bag o veggies on the side.

My weigh in days are Wednesdays and I will stick to that since the only scale within 100 miles of me that will weigh me (outside of a stockyard scale) is in my doctors office. If i weigh every day, I get discouraged coz my weight will fluctuate on a daily basis. I hope I can stick to this and drop the many pounds I have to lose.

Sorry this was so long winded but just wanted to get it all out from the start. i'll try to keep up in here and not get too lost LOL.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.