chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Looks like my weight loss is picking up. Let's hope I can keep it up! :dance:

look at that turtle go!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to do my walk away the pounds tape tonight and i don't wanna. i wanna crawl under the covers.

Noooooooo! You're doing so good, don't blow it! Don't forget why you started in the first place! :dance:

because chaisai started this thread and everyone else was doin' it so i felt peer pressure and now only a few of us are still doing it? :unsure:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I need to do my walk away the pounds tape tonight and i don't wanna. i wanna crawl under the covers.

Noooooooo! You're doing so good, don't blow it! Don't forget why you started in the first place! :dance:

because chaisai started this thread and everyone else was doin' it so i felt peer pressure and now only a few of us are still doing it? :unsure:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....WRONG ANSWER!

Timeline

Where *is* Chaishai anyway? B)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Where *is* Chaishai anyway? B)

2wp14br.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) My Personal Challenge (F)

When I first started this weight loss journey, it felt like a daunting, never-ending, waiting game (kinda like the visa journey!) The only way I could make sense of it was to break it down into smaller chunks. I set a goal to tackle the first 20lbs. by my birthday and I met that goal! I have maintained that loss for a while now, and I am ready to challenge myself again.

:dance: I will lose another 20lbs. by May 10th! :dance:

Being sick today has slowed me down and caused me to re-evaluate ! I have to make the gym a priority again, keep my sweet tooth reigned in and remain focused on the results, it felt so great losing that first 20! with every 5lbs. lost I rewarded myself with a pedicure or new jeans (something that wasn't food)

I am posting this publicly so I will be accountable! C'mon, who wants to join me? What is your goal?

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

Sounds great, Henna! I also like the idea of nice non-food rewards. I just reached the 5 pounds mark, so maybe I should buy myself something special. :)

My goal is to weigh as much or less than I did when I graduated high school when I go to my 10 year reunion on April 25th. That gives me about 8 weeks to lose at least 13 pounds.

After that, I'm not sure. I guess I'll see how I feel and if I think I need to lose anymore.

Timeline

My original goal if I haven't mentioned it (the one that really got me going) is to get to the weight that I need to be to have my tubal ligation reversal. I'm ten pounds away from that so that's nice. My real goal though, the one on my ticker, is to be where I was before giving birth to my second child. I won't even try for where I was before my first 'cause it'll make me cry like a baby.

I'm going to get a facial this weekend as my reward. My new sleep apnea mask is giving me zits on my chin and I'm in need of some extra tlc so I think that's what i'll do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

These are great goals ! :thumbs: It feels so good recognizing the mini goals, too and rewarding our progress! (F) I had a reunion recently, it was more than 10 years and so strange. It felt as if I was back in H.S. again! :lol:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Im still doing it. I was just in the carribbean last week not doing it and im lazzzy this week trying to recover from vacation.

This week so far I have worked out twice and it was only pilates style workouts. Today I plan to do a 2 mile run and maybe some abs and butt. Tomorrow I am doing a killer total body workout and maybe some elliptical or another little run. Saturday I will probably take off and Sunday I am doing another killer total body workout and kickboxing. So I am starting the week off slow but I am going to come back with a bang at the end. I just hope I have the energy!!!

Food wise I am doing pretty bad. Pretty bad for me means I am eating meat every night, have indulged in a treat once a day. So its not THAT bad like fast food or anything but still next week I need to get back on track. I have my period this week and all of these different cravings.

Timeline

Im still doing it. I was just in the carribbean last week not doing it and im lazzzy this week trying to recover from vacation.

This week so far I have worked out twice and it was only pilates style workouts. Today I plan to do a 2 mile run and maybe some abs and butt. Tomorrow I am doing a killer total body workout and maybe some elliptical or another little run. Saturday I will probably take off and Sunday I am doing another killer total body workout and kickboxing. So I am starting the week off slow but I am going to come back with a bang at the end. I just hope I have the energy!!!

Food wise I am doing pretty bad. Pretty bad for me means I am eating meat every night, have indulged in a treat once a day. So its not THAT bad like fast food or anything but still next week I need to get back on track. I have my period this week and all of these different cravings.

The fact that you're even exercising during this time of the month is commendable!! lol. I'd be a couch potato!!!

I didn't do my tape last night BUT I was completely emotionally and physically exhausted and I think I'm on the brink of getting what everyone in my office has. Hopefully I'll just get the tired part and not the constant sneezing and blowing part. Foodwise I'm still on track though!!!!

Someone asked for recipes and if anyone's doing lowcarb I LOVE smashed cauliflower. Had it with my baby lamb chops last night and it was so good!! I just take a box of frozen cauliflower, heat up in microwave, blend in cuisinart (some smash with the potato smasher but I'm not that good at that with cauliflower) for 30 seconds or so, put in bowl and mix with about 1/2 container of Boirsin cheese, add salt and pepper and voila I love it better than mashed taters!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jen! Tell us how it went! I think if I went to a class I'd do better because I would have forced motivation (not looking like a weak-a$$ in front of other people). When I was running 2 summers ago I had the same thing-- this 80-year-old man who was totally shaming me. I had to at least keep up. It was pretty good motivation.

Yesterday I did couch-to-5k, 25 minutes of stair stepper, 45 cruches in 4 positions, and 20 obliques. i also did some light arm exercises. I have to be cautious with my arms. i really damaged somehting that felt like the glenoid fossa on both arms/shoulders and i couldn't even take my shirt off it was so painful.. I'd wake up all the time and it was miserable. It lasted a few weeks, and then if I ever tried anything it would come right back. I haven't had anything going on for a bit but I also stopped doing any weight lifting over my head/chest.

Today I want to do couch to 5k but there are too many bosses here at work. I may be able to sneak out into the hall and do some things when no one is looking, maybe at lunch. I work by myself mostly so it's not like anyone will see me :)

I tried spaghetti squash yesterday. I thought it was OK. I imagine I could make it taste irresistable with enough cheese LOL, but that would defeat the purpose. it was like $5! So I don't think I'll be trying it again unless I grew my own. I did save the seeds...

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The fact that you're even exercising during this time of the month is commendable!! lol. I'd be a couch potato!!!

I didn't do my tape last night BUT I was completely emotionally and physically exhausted and I think I'm on the brink of getting what everyone in my office has. Hopefully I'll just get the tired part and not the constant sneezing and blowing part. Foodwise I'm still on track though!!!!

Someone asked for recipes and if anyone's doing lowcarb I LOVE smashed cauliflower. Had it with my baby lamb chops last night and it was so good!! I just take a box of frozen cauliflower, heat up in microwave, blend in cuisinart (some smash with the potato smasher but I'm not that good at that with cauliflower) for 30 seconds or so, put in bowl and mix with about 1/2 container of Boirsin cheese, add salt and pepper and voila I love it better than mashed taters!

the cauliflower sounds awesome, but isnt 1/2 container of boursin super fattening?!

Timeline

the cauliflower sounds awesome, but isnt 1/2 container of boursin super fattening?!

from the boursin site: http://www.boursincheese.com/about/facts.htm

Nutrition Facts

Amount per Serving (tbsp.) 2 (30g) Calcium (%) 2

Servings per Container 5 Vitamin A (%) 6

Calories 120 Protein (g) 2

Calories from Fat 110 Carbohydrate (g) < 1

Total Fat (g) 13 Sodium (mg) 180

Saturated Fat (g) 8 Cholesterol (mg) 35

So....1/2 container = 2.5 servings = 300 caolries, approx 1 carb and 32.5 g fat. Depends on what diet you're on but I'm not counting calories or fat I'm counting carbs so I'm good to go. The last time I did this diet I lost a good 30 pounds in a month and a half. I highly doubt I will do that this time around since I did eat less back then (right before going to Egypt for the first time) due to nerves, but still I'm not worried. Plus I'm definitely eating less compared to when I ate carbs all the time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.