1,807 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Did you do it?

I did! Week 4...was a bit hard for me still - the rest intervals are shorter than I'm used to (90 seconds). And the muscles on the outside of my calves get really sore when I do the walking in between. But I feel good overall. I'll try again on Thursday and see if I can't improve some.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I did it too! I did it here at work in my down time (which is about 80% of my work time :) ). I just ran up and down the first fllor hall. No one ever notices anything here :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Did you do it?

I did! Week 4...was a bit hard for me still - the rest intervals are shorter than I'm used to (90 seconds). And the muscles on the outside of my calves get really sore when I do the walking in between. But I feel good overall. I'll try again on Thursday and see if I can't improve some.

Why didn't you start at week 1???

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Did you do it?

Why didn't you start at week 1???

Oh, well because week 1 is too easy I think, given what I've been doing so far. It's couch to 5K, and I'm a bit more advanced than couch at this point, I hope! I was almost able to do the week 4 workout, just cut 2 minutes off the last jog. I think I can complete it on Thursday...no pain no gain! :energetic:

I did it too! I did it here at work in my down time (which is about 80% of my work time :) ). I just ran up and down the first fllor hall. No one ever notices anything here :)

What a strange workplace! :wacko::lol:

Timeline

Actually, Jenn, I totally agree. I barely feel like I did anything yesterday. I think I'll do week 1 again today and see how that goes but if I feel like this tomorrow, I'm going to have to skip up a week.

Timeline

Made it through the week 4 workout. I'm pooped!

I'm really having problems with this muscle though on the outside of my shins. It gets really sore when I do the walking intervals. I notice that it only starts to hurt *after* I run, when I slow down to a brisk walk. Then if I go even slower, it hurts more. I'm worried my form isn't great when running.

Gonna post in the OT thread as well in case anyone knows...

Timeline
Ok, they've convinced me over in OT to abandon the running. Screw this, I'm going back to the elliptical!

:lol::lol:

I *was* gonna suggest looking into what type of shoe you're wearing. The right sneaker makes all the difference in the world. I went about two years ago to this sneaker place in Danvers and they had me walk back and forth in front of them and they decided the sneaker that was good for me along with inserts because I have flat feet and I walk inverted or whatever. They were expensive but I still have them and they're awesome!

I have to do my walk away the pounds tape and I wanna lay on the couch and read a book instead. :hehe:

Timeline
Ok, they've convinced me over in OT to abandon the running. Screw this, I'm going back to the elliptical!

I *was* gonna suggest looking into what type of shoe you're wearing. The right sneaker makes all the difference in the world. I went about two years ago to this sneaker place in Danvers and they had me walk back and forth in front of them and they decided the sneaker that was good for me along with inserts because I have flat feet and I walk inverted or whatever. They were expensive but I still have them and they're awesome!

I have to do my walk away the pounds tape and I wanna lay on the couch and read a book instead. :hehe:

Yeah, I've concluded that I'm an underpronator and I'd have to get special shoes which will probably be $500 or something, so I'm going back to the elliptical where I won't have shooting pains in my legs unless I fork over some cash.

Come on, get going! Walk away the pounds and THEN you can read as a reward! :D

Timeline

Yeah, I've concluded that I'm an underpronator and I'd have to get special shoes which will probably be $500 or something, so I'm going back to the elliptical where I won't have shooting pains in my legs unless I fork over some cash.

I'm wiggling my pinkie toe so I'm almost there. lol. My shoes were only $125 and the inserts were around $30 so not near the $500 mark. Plus they're still good though admittedly I don't exactly pound the pavement with them. lol

Timeline

I'm wiggling my pinkie toe so I'm almost there. lol. My shoes were only $125 and the inserts were around $30 so not near the $500 mark. Plus they're still good though admittedly I don't exactly pound the pavement with them. lol

LOL, oh I know I was exaggerating. Maybe when we get our stimulus money, ha!

Timeline

Ok I did it. Then I read two chapters of Three Cups of Tea.

I wouldn't recommend it. The book I mean. Big ole yawner it is. I think maybe I've been spoiled because my parents have been dropping off Brian Haig books when they finish them and those you just can't put down and they make me laugh.

This one however....I think will end up in the pile of books I never finished because they were just tough to stay focused on. :wacko:

Timeline

Well! Yesterday I decided to take a risk and see if my boss is going to be absent today and not do couch to 5k and wait for today. I did stair stepping, abs, arms, and push-ups instead.

The best part of my report is how I said push-ups like I did a lot. I did 15.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.