chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I tried a new recipe out on my kids this morning. I have this recipe book "The Sneaky Chef" and all the recipes call for some type of vegetable or fruit puree. Sounds gross I know. Well today I made cocoa chocolate chip pancakes and they loved them! I have to admit they weren't too bad. It had "purple puree" which is spiniach, blueberries (no sugar added) and lemon juice. and white flour, wheat flour and wheat germ. It's amazing! I've only gooded a handful of things from this book, but I need to do more. Next on the list is a chocolate cake with the same purple puree!

That is the book they accused Jessica Seinfeld of ripping off I think... Anyway I think its a great idea. My husband doesnt support the theory however. He thinks our son needs to learn to love the vegetables the way they are vs. sneaking them in stuff. I still do it though. I make my son "strawberry juice" which is carrots, beets and at the end i add a few strawberries. I call him in the room at that point! anyway between the beets and the strawberries it turns a lovely shade of magenta and beets and carrots are sweet so he loves it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I tried a new recipe out on my kids this morning. I have this recipe book "The Sneaky Chef" and all the recipes call for some type of vegetable or fruit puree. Sounds gross I know. Well today I made cocoa chocolate chip pancakes and they loved them! I have to admit they weren't too bad. It had "purple puree" which is spiniach, blueberries (no sugar added) and lemon juice. and white flour, wheat flour and wheat germ. It's amazing! I've only gooded a handful of things from this book, but I need to do more. Next on the list is a chocolate cake with the same purple puree!

That is the book they accused Jessica Seinfeld of ripping off I think... Anyway I think its a great idea. My husband doesnt support the theory however. He thinks our son needs to learn to love the vegetables the way they are vs. sneaking them in stuff. I still do it though. I make my son "strawberry juice" which is carrots, beets and at the end i add a few strawberries. I call him in the room at that point! anyway between the beets and the strawberries it turns a lovely shade of magenta and beets and carrots are sweet so he loves it.

My son has a serious texture and "if it looks funny I ain't eating it" problem. He's a carb-o-holic which really scares me since I have diabetes and diabetes is all in my family......he has a greater change of getting it. It's funny, I'll get a bottle of juice, and refill it for weeks with the V-8 splash and he never notices the difference! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not a mother so I am not claiming to be experienced...but my brother has a 2 year old baby boy...and my best friend has a 4 year old girl. Both gave them little or no fruits their first years of living, and gave them lots of veggies. Now they both LOVE veggies and choose them when it is on the table. I think that is pretty cool! I remember when I was a kid all I wanted was carbs and peanut butter! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
I am not a mother so I am not claiming to be experienced...but my brother has a 2 year old baby boy...and my best friend has a 4 year old girl. Both gave them little or no fruits their first years of living, and gave them lots of veggies. Now they both LOVE veggies and choose them when it is on the table. I think that is pretty cool! I remember when I was a kid all I wanted was carbs and peanut butter! lol

I started doing that with my 9 month old and my pediatrician made me stop! She told me 1) the diet needs to be balanced and he needs what is in the fruit and 2) when he does get to have fruit (and sweet stuff) finally he will binge!

So I dont know. Im still trying to give him more veggies than anything sweet at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

down another pound this week! :dance::dance::dance:

fyi:

tootsie roll pops = 1 point. Good for chocolate cravings and if you do it right lasts about 1/2 hour! :thumbs:

on the go tip: to stop you from stopping at mcd's or bk for a small fry when starving pack a soft cooler full of snacks before going out on errands!!! I now have in my cooler: 2 juice boxes, 1 coke zero, 6 100 calorie packs (oreo cookie wafer thingies). If we use any of it I'll just refill it up.

128.gif

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can participate in this thread again now with a clear conscience. I finally stopped making excuses and started going to the gym on my lunch break. I only have time for a half hour on the elliptical and some stretching and crunches, but it sure beats my former routine of sitting on my a$$. I hope to do 4-5 times per week.

Timeline
I can participate in this thread again now with a clear conscience. I finally stopped making excuses and started going to the gym on my lunch break. I only have time for a half hour on the elliptical and some stretching and crunches, but it sure beats my former routine of sitting on my a$$. I hope to do 4-5 times per week.

:dance::dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Since my conscience isn't clear yet and I am still guilty of major transgressions can I at least be cheerleader for all of the ladies who are doing so well...

GO BRIDGET :dance::dance::dance:

GO JENN! :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Lost in NY

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
I like your ticker, Bridget. Maybe I should do one too, for motivation.

Where is everyone else? Did they fall off the wagon?

:yes:

I can't in good consence participate bc I hardly feel like eating anymore and I'm still feeling bloated and actually gained a bit of weight :help:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

go Jenn!!!!

I have been working out like a maniac. We are going on vacation soon and I want to look bikini perfect! Whoo-whee!

Timeline

Thanks for the support! I really need it to get motivated to go to the gym. I hate it so much.

I've realized it's not the actual exercising that bothers me as much as the getting changed, showering, re-doing my makeup, etc. What a pain in the tooshie.

Oh, and I put up a ticker, yay! But I lied and said I'd lost a pound, even though I've lost 0, since I felt like a tool.

Timeline
Thanks for the support! I really need it to get motivated to go to the gym. I hate it so much.

I've realized it's not the actual exercising that bothers me as much as the getting changed, showering, re-doing my makeup, etc. What a pain in the tooshie.

Oh, and I put up a ticker, yay! But I lied and said I'd lost a pound, even though I've lost 0, since I felt like a tool.

Think about the shower as time to yourself. i dont remember if your hubby is here or not, but its a shower without interruptions! I have a baby and a young child and my hubby so showering at the gym is lovely me time!

So you just need to say you will go 5x per week no matter what. Do you want a butt that is droopy and big or a tight firm but you could serve drinks off of???? Go girl!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.