chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Went to the co-op and acquired brown rice, lime juice, lentils, red lettuce leaf, organic sugar, spring water, & rice milks. I also took a look at the miso available. I am unsure which to get. I want one that is really good but I've only ever had brown rice miso and that was there of course. Anyone tried the yellow or the other kinds?

Ouch ouch ouch my foot is flared up. Guess it's not entirely healed and being on it all day on campus isn't good for it either. Maybe I should consider a swimming program instead?

Olivia

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm doing really good and so proud of myself this far! We had some stuffed green peppers last night with arborio rice and lean ground beef and a nice salad. Youssef even enjoyed it. I think I've got him on the diet bandwagon so here's to hoping everything stays on the right path!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

So for lunch I had 2oz of lamb, asparagus spears, orange pepper slices, a little rice and some veggie dumplings. Good mix and I've noticed that if I don't get in enough protein I have 0 energy so I think I may have to start taking the iron pills for anemia (I had severe anemia when and after I was pregnant).

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

bump

how is it goin?

i basically blew it this weekend in food, but i did have a super hard workout yesterday. nothing on monday.

this week i am going to try to be as good as possible M-F because you know once the weekend rolls around i will blow it again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, this weekend I also kind of blew it. I let Dh cook which was a huge mistake stomach-wise-- I nearly had a gall bladder attack from all the oil! I've felt rotten for 3 days now, and I've just been snacking on veggies. Today I have salad stuff for lunch. I'm going to have a mostly veggie dinner with a bit of tofu. I did excellent workouts this past week but I slacked on my abs and arms. i had injured something in my wrist and it was killing me! So I elected to not do any weights and that just led to slacking on ym abs too. I do both of those at home. I went back to the -5 lbs lost after time of the month, so at least that weight is gone-- but it annoys me nothing else is gone beyond that after nearly a month. I likely just need to stick to a veggie diet 100% and cut out all the bad completely. Pants still feel looser than when I started which is at least a better sign, but I'm still horrified every time I walk up to a glass door in public and see my reflection.

ETA-- also am craving tomatoes still --am looking into the catalogs and just feeling like I want some heirloom tomatoes NOW. The good news is Dh thinks we can buy the old village storage cave, which means add a wall and a door and I'll have a great place to put veggies in the winter.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

I have been doing well on using my recumbant bike 20 minutes every day. Go me!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have been doing well on using my recumbant bike 20 minutes every day. Go me!

:dance::dance::dance: Go you!!!!

I did one 20 minute session of my pilates dvd two days ago. B) Been eating "ok" except for yesterday. When I press on my calf bone I leave approx a 1/4 inch indentation so I'd say I'm a wee bit bloated. Not gonna weigh myself till next week. :P

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

im starting over... lol, I have not been able to look at this thread all week. Note to self will ride bike to work tomorrow

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah for restarts! Merry Fitness & Happy New Rear! :dance:

im starting over... lol, I have not been able to look at this thread all week. Note to self will ride bike to work tomorrow

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Just joined weight watchers online for 3 months. Just under $60 so not too bad. My fat pants are snug so there's no messin' around now. :unsure:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.