chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I am participating in a challenge at my gym where we get points based on number of workouts per week, turning in a food journal, bringing in friends to workout with. The last challenge the grand prize was a spa package !! The owner said she is doing something similar for this one. I have been working my a** off so I can win this challenge :dance::dance:

I love that my gym is women only, they are so supportive and we can just workout without any BS :blush:

I like the idea of a women's only gym. We have a gym here at work, but we are not allowed to use it during our lunch hour, since it is a paid lunch hour. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but some have said it's a worker's comp issue. So then what happens if I get into an accident on my way to McDonald's? LOL. I'm too tired to use it after working a ten hour day. :-(

Seems if they let their employees workout at lunch hour they would be more productive and AWAKE in the afternoon !!

Jen ~ what 's the name of the service you are using for meals?

Exactly! That's my argument. Instead we are slumped over our computers after lunch ready for a nap with the fat cells plumping themselves up very happily.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am participating in a challenge at my gym where we get points based on number of workouts per week, turning in a food journal, bringing in friends to workout with. The last challenge the grand prize was a spa package !! The owner said she is doing something similar for this one. I have been working my a** off so I can win this challenge :dance::dance:

I love that my gym is women only, they are so supportive and we can just workout without any BS :blush:

I want a women only gym :crying:

lyrics.jpg

Timeline
Not sure where in las Vegas area you are but there is a Curves gym in Boulder City.

Boulder City, NV

1320 Wyoming St.

Boulder City, NV 89005

702-293-4525

www.curves.com

oh thank u so much! but im not there anymore :( im back in cold bloomington IN :angry: lol its a very small city barely anything....i cant wait till hubby is done with skool!!!

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh I had no idea you moved!!! But I just checked and you have TWO of those gyms in your city!

Monroe County, IN - East

105 Pete Ellis Drive, Ste. E

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-323-2127

or

Monroe County, IN - West

3826 W. 3rd Street

Bloomington, IN 47404

812-336-3864

www.curves.com - check it!!! :P

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just a boring LC for dinner then back in the gym in the morning ! I am doing higher protein right now to re-build my serotonin stores and be able to get off these anti-depressants by spring :unsure:

Olivia ~ those shakes look pretty good, I may start adding a few for breakfast ! Have a good weekend everyone :energy:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Oh I had no idea you moved!!! But I just checked and you have TWO of those gyms in your city!

Monroe County, IN - East

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-323-2127

or

Monroe County, IN - West

3826 W. 3rd Street

Bloomington, IN 47404

812-336-3864

You may have to get a note from your physician if you do go to Curves being pregnant and all. Curves is cool. I just don't go to the one in my area because a nosy snot from the high school days owns it and I can't give my money to her. That sounds awful of me but that is the truth.

Timeline

Monroe County, IN - East

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-323-2127

or

Monroe County, IN - West

3826 W. 3rd Street

Bloomington, IN 47404

812-336-3864

You may have to get a note from your physician if you do go to Curves being pregnant and all. Curves is cool. I just don't go to the one in my area because a nosy snot from the high school days owns it and I can't give my money to her. That sounds awful of me but that is the truth.

I don't know about the rest of the country but the Curves in my area all are set up like a fish bowl so when you're walking past the Curves place you can see everyone working out. I would hate that! There's an all women's gym in the next town from me but I forget the name of it. It has a pool inside it I think which would be good exercise for a pregnant woman. I'm looking into a water aerobic program that is available at night. Most are like at 10am during the day so it's hard to find one for working people.

Edited by humpkinpumpkin

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

It has been a month since I started my new life style including changing eating habits and back to the gym. I am currently down 22 pounds. I know that was the easy part but am now writing down everything I eat and running it through a calorie/fat gram counter. I am bound and determined to go below 200 pounds within the next two years.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Well my New Year's Resolution has gone out the window...I am not working at the gym any more so that means if I want to work out in a gym I got to pay and quite frankly, for the last 15 years, I have been a gym rat and not paid a dime to be there. So I anticipate getting a family membership somewhere cuz i just cant motivate myself outside the gym and my darling husband wants to lose weight as well and look svelt by the time we go back to Maroc next spring.

I am so disappointed, I cant believe how much I have gained :unsure: and how awful I feel and look. TOTALLY NOT LIKE ME AT ALL!

What a slacker I have been for the last year. I think one of the reasons is I dont have a full length mirror in my apt. I only have the small vanity mirror in the bathroom so all I ever see is from the chest up. When you dont actually get a real look and wear baggy clothes you dont realize how much you are really growing :whistle:

Well I saw the thread and I start to get motivated sharing tips and anticipations with y'all but seriously ENOUGH TALKING!

And the good thing is hubby and me both got a lot of work to do and it will be nice to do that together.

I was working at LA FITNESS and I really liked it there but there is no way I can afford that on my budget.

Also, I dont want to be committed to working just to be able to go there. Soooooooo the YMCA ( my old workplace) is a more reasonable option.

I hate curves...I guess doing something is better than nothing from a trainer's perspective but I dont like the assembly line feel and way too small.

Timeline
Well my New Year's Resolution has gone out the window...I am not working at the gym any more so that means if I want to work out in a gym I got to pay and quite frankly, for the last 15 years, I have been a gym rat and not paid a dime to be there. So I anticipate getting a family membership somewhere cuz i just cant motivate myself outside the gym and my darling husband wants to lose weight as well and look svelt by the time we go back to Maroc next spring.

I am so disappointed, I cant believe how much I have gained :unsure: and how awful I feel and look. TOTALLY NOT LIKE ME AT ALL!

What a slacker I have been for the last year. I think one of the reasons is I dont have a full length mirror in my apt. I only have the small vanity mirror in the bathroom so all I ever see is from the chest up. When you dont actually get a real look and wear baggy clothes you dont realize how much you are really growing :whistle:

Well I saw the thread and I start to get motivated sharing tips and anticipations with y'all but seriously ENOUGH TALKING!

And the good thing is hubby and me both got a lot of work to do and it will be nice to do that together.

I was working at LA FITNESS and I really liked it there but there is no way I can afford that on my budget.

Also, I dont want to be committed to working just to be able to go there. Soooooooo the YMCA ( my old workplace) is a more reasonable option.

I hate curves...I guess doing something is better than nothing from a trainer's perspective but I dont like the assembly line feel and way too small.

I was looking into a y membership as well. For a family membership it's around $99/month which is pretty steep imho. What's up with that. I thought the Y was a nonprofit organization so why the fees so high? The new one just built in my area has a teen room. My oldest went there with her friends but of course they all said it was "lame". They have a Wii there but I guess the tv is ancient and since just about everyone has one at home they don't like to use the one at the Y.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

It has been a month since I started my new life style including changing eating habits and back to the gym. I am currently down 22 pounds. I know that was the easy part but am now writing down everything I eat and running it through a calorie/fat gram counter. I am bound and determined to go below 200 pounds within the next two years.

I want to say that is GREAT :thumbs:

YOU CAN DO IT!

I just dont know what is my problem. And I am tired of being in my funk.

Fitness is definitely a way of life :yes:

I was looking into a y membership as well. For a family membership it's around $99/month which is pretty steep imho. What's up with that. I thought the Y was a nonprofit organization so why the fees so high? The new one just built in my area has a teen room. My oldest went there with her friends but of course they all said it was "lame". They have a Wii there but I guess the tv is ancient and since just about everyone has one at home they don't like to use the one at the Y.

actually they have financial aid for those who qualify, i am going to try it out

my son is on my case...he is super skinny and into working out now, i feel bad, here, I have been a trainer all these years, trying to get him to find time to go with me to the gym, for FREE, and now I dont work there :angry:

then my husband, who was so excited about seeing where I worked all these years and being able to come here with a free gym membership at a top notch place and ... :huh: CANCELLED

now I worked at the Y for say...8 years...as a fitness instructor (mainly) of any and every class you can imagine....I was a gym attendant, doing fit checks and orientations and a personal trainer, probably one of the best jobs I had and paid well, but it was and would have always been part time and the facility is so small and really old. I like the family atmosphere and not feeling pressured by all the hot bods in the gym who are just there, basically, for looking :whistle: Even when I was rock solid and in the gym 2 hours daily working out, those girls never broke a sweat and coming in on their cell phones, :angry: all done up like they were going out on the town....

LA FITNESS just didnt pay good period and it was raking in the dough. I couldnt take it. Trainers make a ton of money and for my experience and certifications it just wasnt worth it, then hubby came and well, all my free time became "HE TIME".

The Y, in all my experience with classes and kids classes and camps and all really is not that cheap and I saw a ton of people I knew from the Y eventually follow suit to LA FITNESS, because the facility was more modern, upscale and HUGE! Just depends...I like kind of like a jumpin atmosphere...real social, big, tons of equipment....not crowded but busy and I like to hear good music too. We even had a juice bar at LA that was cool for protein smoothies.

Well as a trainer and having had everyone there see my prior form, even I am embarassed to show my face after about, oh say 6 months of not being there!

Timeline

Our YMCA has a monthly membership for 52.00. That's a lot for yours Bridget but again, your cost of living may be different in your area than where I live.

Timeline

Monroe County, IN - East

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-323-2127

or

Monroe County, IN - West

3826 W. 3rd Street

Bloomington, IN 47404

812-336-3864

oh thank you sereia :D well my inlaws live there; i wish i was back there...it started snowing again here :angry:

Tasha- oh yes ofcourse i wont exercise now at all....but i will def. need it after delivery :thumbs: insha Allah.

lyrics.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.