chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've lost 30lbs in the past 6 months but of course once the holidays hit I fell off my course. So actually I probably lost 27lbs when you count the 3 I gained over the holidays. I really need to get back to the gym. My eating is ok except for the girl scout cookies being delivered this week and well you know how that goes. So yeah I've hit a plateau, too. We have a mini gym at work so I should have NO excuses but I can't tell you how tempting it is to just leave at the end of the day instead of working out. I bring my gym clothes everyday but they haven't been used since last Monday. :blush: I also need some inspiration or maybe a good kick in the rear.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lost 30lbs in the past 6 months but of course once the holidays hit I fell off my course. So actually I probably lost 27lbs when you count the 3 I gained over the holidays. I really need to get back to the gym. My eating is ok except for the girl scout cookies being delivered this week and well you know how that goes. So yeah I've hit a plateau, too. We have a mini gym at work so I should have NO excuses but I can't tell you how tempting it is to just leave at the end of the day instead of working out. I bring my gym clothes everyday but they haven't been used since last Monday. :blush: I also need some inspiration or maybe a good kick in the rear.

I want a mini gym at work :( I'm coming to move near you!! :D I'm a good kicker, if you kick me back! :P

It's a deal...we'll kick each others' azzes into submission. :D

Next week's gonna be sucky too for working out. The office is closed on Monday and I'll be in MN for a conference for half the week. I'll be eating out all those days...help!

You have to find that link that Kelly shared...where you can find places to eat out at...without going overboard. It's so VERY hard when you're traveling! Grrr...

I'm around...pick a day and time for checkin and we can KICK away! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ladies, please take me back to the weight-loss club!!! I've fallen off the wagon due to some health issues but after losing 10 lbs I need to get back...This weekend is about the gym and being good to myself!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Ladies, please take me back to the weight-loss club!!! I've fallen off the wagon due to some health issues but after losing 10 lbs I need to get back...This weekend is about the gym and being good to myself!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I will have you Dorothy!! (F) Come kick my butt plz!!! I need a PUSH! :P

Timeline

Thanks Annie!!!

Just remember tomorrow is another day and an opportunity to be healthy and active - I guess that should be my motto. I did go to the gym today and should be heading back tomorrow but I'm changing my strategy to make sure that I don't overdue it and burn out. I have a lot of weight to shed and I am aware that it will take some time, a lot of discipline and hard work but I think I just might have reached my point when nothing else matters except my health.

So please keep me accountable!!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks Annie!!!

Just remember tomorrow is another day and an opportunity to be healthy and active - I guess that should be my motto.

So please keep me accountable!!!!

Great motto :thumbs: one day at a time, one meal at a time, one pound at a time ! :dance:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

I like your thinking Henna!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I fell a few lbs. short of my 10lb. goal for Valentine's (unless I miraculously drop another 3lbs. over night) I'll take the 7lb. loss, tho. I probably would have made my goal if I hadn't over-indulged those few days of my B-day :unsure: I know the exercise is helping tremendously :thumbs:

Edited by Henna Rose

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've decided I need a big reward to make me finally reach my goal. My ultimate goal is an adventure trip somewhere. After the first 5 pounds I will begin researching where I want to pick. After the second 5 pounds, I will pick a place and buy travel books for that country. After the third 5 pounds, I will plan my trip! And after that I will buy my ticket!!! :P

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think the website that Kelly was talking about was DWLZ.com not sure though. At the bottom there is a tab for restaurants and it has weight watcher points on it. I am in a delimma....I am thinking I have the weight watcher books so I could keep doing it but with the money I am spending going to the meetings I could buy my family a monthly memebership to the local YMCA. I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions? The kids could swim after I'm done each night and Malek would have free daycare while I am working out. To me it just seems like the entire family would be getting more active.

Congrats to all that are losing weight!!

I think the website that Kelly was talking about was DWLZ.com not sure though. At the bottom there is a tab for restaurants and it has weight watcher points on it. I am in a delimma....I am thinking I have the weight watcher books so I could keep doing it but with the money I am spending going to the meetings I could buy my family a monthly memebership to the local YMCA. I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions? The kids could swim after I'm done each night and Malek would have free daycare while I am working out. To me it just seems like the entire family would be getting more active.

Congrats to all that are losing weight!!

Tasha, thats a great idea. If your family is healthy and active together it makes life much easier!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

The house is clean and laundry ready to be done later today so that means I am out to the gym. This time I'm exploring a new location so that should be extra fun and best part it's right next to Borders so I can go for some reading time afterwards.

See you later ladies - keep up the good work.

BTW - Jen, I love your idea of goals and rewards - seems like a perfect motivation!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.