chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
lmao, granola bars....high fiber.....doesn't matter. After 2 hours, my stomach is biting at the ppl next to me. I don't know why that is ...one would think that my metabolism was sky high but sadly it is nonexistant. I swear I about took a chunk out of my pharmacists arm when she reached accross me to grab something.

I hightailled it to the back for a "cuppasoup" and I'm miserable. I think I'll grab sonic later...*cries* I'm hungry....

1 packet of oatmeal is not enough to feed a bird! LOL Too many carbs anyway. Carbohydrate will be used up by your body quickly leaving you hungry again in a short time. Try adding some protein to your breakfast - eggs, meat, cheese, etc. That will keep you feeling fuller longer.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
lmao, granola bars....high fiber.....doesn't matter. After 2 hours, my stomach is biting at the ppl next to me. I don't know why that is ...one would think that my metabolism was sky high but sadly it is nonexistant. I swear I about took a chunk out of my pharmacists arm when she reached accross me to grab something.

I hightailled it to the back for a "cuppasoup" and I'm miserable. I think I'll grab sonic later...*cries* I'm hungry....

1 packet of oatmeal is not enough to feed a bird! LOL Too many carbs anyway. Carbohydrate will be used up by your body quickly leaving you hungry again in a short time. Try adding some protein to your breakfast - eggs, meat, cheese, etc. That will keep you feeling fuller longer.

She's right Amal. One thing that is awesome for breakfast is try making a homemade egg mcmuffin sandwich. I use the high-fiber english muffins, with a frozen scrambled egg patty that you nuke in the microwave, add a slice of cheese and some ham (well, you know, turkey for you :innocent:) and you should be good to go. It has great protein, fiber, and even some fat to keep you full. If you have that with some coffee with milk and maybe a piece of fruit - you will have a substantial breakfast under 500 calories, which is very good. Some might say that 500 calories for breakfast is a lot, but I actually prefer to take in most of my calories at breakfast/lunch with a very moderate dinner - like a chicken breast and tossed green salad - with light vinagrette and an apple. I'll have like a 300 calorie dinner. That keeps me full.

If you have a 1,500 - 1,800 calorie diet plus exercise, you will lose weight. I can assure you of that. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When hubby leaves for EG I am really getting down with the diet. I've said it before but I am serious. I am also not telling him because I don't want to hear it from him just the compliments when he comes home.

When I was pregnant I ate a homemade egg mcmuffin sandwich--no pork or one from MCD every morning. I gained 14 pounds and my son weighed almost 10! So it kept the extra weight off of me, helped with my blood glucose and kept me fuller until lunch time or late morning snack.

Timeline
When hubby leaves for EG I am really getting down with the diet. I've said it before but I am serious. I am also not telling him because I don't want to hear it from him just the compliments when he comes home.

When I was pregnant I ate a homemade egg mcmuffin sandwich--no pork or one from MCD every morning. I gained 14 pounds and my son weighed almost 10! So it kept the extra weight off of me, helped with my blood glucose and kept me fuller until lunch time or late morning snack.

That will be awesome, Tasha! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yep, I tried a few weeks ago but didn't do well. My problem isn't overeating, its lack of exercise and not eating three meals a day. I may eat only once or twice. My husband is rail thin but eats several times a day.

This will give me something to keep my mind on also.

Amal ~ How's your TSH? have you had it checked lately?

Last I checked, my tush was still there. ....maybe it's too early in the morning....I'm confused :unsure:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Last I checked, my tush was still there. ....maybe it's too early in the morning....I'm confused :unsure:

TSH = Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Should have it checked to see if you are deficient in it, thus causing hypothyroidism = low metabolism, lack of energy and weight gain.

TSH = Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Should have it checked to see if you are deficient in it, thus causing hypothyroidism = low metabolism, lack of energy and weight gain.

U know, I'm supposed to be taking Synthroid .....but I keep forgetting it lmao...

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

U know, I'm supposed to be taking Synthroid .....but I keep forgetting it lmao...

OK, Girl - I luvz ya and all but :bonk::bonk::bonk: what the hell are you doing???? You need that!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

we're doing a "biggest loser" group at my work. Modified of course, but I'm hoping it will give me the insentive I need to stay on track. It will be for eight weeks and whoever loses the most percentage of weight will get the pot of 20.00 (per person) each of us paid to join. I'm going to see my husband in March so hopefully that will help me as well!! Don't want him to know i've gained a little weight since he's seen me last........LOL.

-------------------------

[url="http://daisypath.com"][img]http://daisypath.com/pic/090507/S3qn.jpg[/img][img]http://da.daisypath.com/ekPQm4/.png[/img][/url]

[color="#9932CC"]"Until the angels close my eyes, I can't imagine seeing life without you."[/color]

[size=2][color="#FFC0CB"]~Michelle~[/color][/size]

Timeline
we're doing a "biggest loser" group at my work. Modified of course, but I'm hoping it will give me the insentive I need to stay on track. It will be for eight weeks and whoever loses the most percentage of weight will get the pot of 20.00 (per person) each of us paid to join. I'm going to see my husband in March so hopefully that will help me as well!! Don't want him to know i've gained a little weight since he's seen me last........LOL.

Good luck! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OK, Girl - I luvz ya and all but :bonk::bonk::bonk: what the hell are you doing???? You need that!

and the pharmacist speaks :blink: AMAL!!!! Take your fooking medicine!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Amen, Noura - I was thinking the same thing!

Lol@ "fooking" :blush:

I know, I know. I completely forgot I was supposed to take it unitl you typed that about thyroid and then it was like...ohhhh yeahhhhhhhh... I'll start back on it tomorrow ensha'allah.

I weighed...somehow I've managed to gain another 4 pounds. :crying:

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.