MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Vegas how fun! I love Vegas. I wonder if Waleed will like it.

Anyways..Now that I postponed graduation for a year I have a year and a half to get back to my skinny self before Senior photos. My weight yoyo'd this year but after the new year I am committing myself to better diet and exercise and I am determined to loose all the weight and be back to my thin tones self by graduation May 2010 if not sooner. I'm going to start the couch to the 5K program again after the new year. Waleed said start it during my winter break so I can set the first cornerstone. There are two problems with that. One snow on the ground and running in that, and two I've read you shouldn't start a diet exercise program during the holidays because it has over a 50% chance of failure. I've been conditioning my shins for running already because shin splints is what usually makes me take two-three weeks off and I don't start back up for awhile.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Annie....we do have a YMCA. It's about 20-25 minutes from the house but near my work. My problem has actually been since my husband has came. I have never been skinny minny but when he came I had lost weight from the baby but put probably 10 pounds back on. It's the lack of exercise and stress. He always says, you aren't the normal, when do you eat? How do you say you are gaining if you aren't eating dinner. Well, that's my problem also. Skipping meals, slowing my metabolism down.

I did weight watchers years ago and did awesome!!! I am considering the YMCA but right now I don't want to take on the extra bill until I see what is going on with Ayman's job. I can take the jazzercise for 1/2 of that per month so I have a lot to think about. Thanks for the text yesterday! Seriously, I want to do this but I don't want to advertise to my family...mama is dieting because they just eat that up!!!

My mom doesn't help...she had gastric bypass in May. She is barely 5 foot and weighed about 195 now, she is a size 4/5 and that size is almost too big. She's one of those that say...oh my pants are so big....and maybe you should think about having the surgery! I'm like whattttttttttttttt????????? I'm fat but not that fat ro risk my life like that and no doctor in their right mind should have given it to you!!! I hope I don't offend anybody like that because I am not skinny minny but working in a hospital you see the good and bad to it. The bad isnt something to joke with. When the good is good its awesome but we see a lot of bad with the surgery.

HLM, Annie, Olivia, Amanda...all of us should try and encourage each other!!! I think we can do this :thumbs:

Edited by Aymsgirl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

bah humbug :angry:

I have my next appt with the nutritionalist on Tuesday so we'll see how I've done but I know I gained from the prednisone that I had to take. I haven't been eating much the past two days due to some sort of stomach thing I have going on so maybe I can keep that up! I'm wicked nauseous in the morning and have huge aversions to certain foods at the moment. Luckily it's the foods that are bad for me that I'm avoiding though.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Speaking of prednisone, I had a shock last weekend when we went to visit my Dad and my brothers. I hadn't seen one of my brothers in a few months, and he's been on prednisone for several months to help control his colitis. His face was completely swollen, and it was really shocking. Poor kid. It's a good thing he's being home-schooled because I'm sure going to high school like that would be a traumatic experience.

No updates from me on the diet/exercise front, because I've just been maintaining now. So far so good. I'm training for a 5-mile race in April. My goal is to finish in under 45 minutes.

Filed: Timeline

Good Luck Jenn! I'm sure you'll do great!! (F)

Tasha, I think its a great idea...Texts from friends help! Keep ya motivated. Ash and I weigh in on Wednesdays so we can keep it "real" and the other one knows who's been good or bad! Keeps us on our toes! :P We have committed to trying to motivate each other and I'd love others to join in w/ us... :star:

Doesn't have to be about weight but body shape/size and comfort. Holidays are so hard...so I need the extra push! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am considering joining weight watchers on line... they have a great tool for use on my black berry.. i had lost 60 lbs after the birth of my baby some time ago now 20 has snuck back..... is there a MENA weigh in on wednesdays or is that just a personal thing?

I am considering joining weight watchers on line... they have a great tool for use on my black berry.. i had lost 60 lbs after the birth of my baby some time ago now 20 has snuck back..... is there a MENA weigh in on wednesdays or is that just a personal thing?

That was just Ash and I doing it so we could stay on top of each other. But hey, we could do it...I'd prefer not to post my weight :P But if I had to SMS to my girls...I'm all over it! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Now I have to lose weight. My Husband just made a deal with me that if I lose 50lbs by the time I get to Egypt in May he will take the first part of the USMLE in October for certain. He called it a contract. Those words scare me. I need cake. lolz....

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Now I have to lose weight. My Husband just made a deal with me that if I lose 50lbs by the time I get to Egypt in May he will take the first part of the USMLE in October for certain. He called it a contract. Those words scare me. I need cake. lolz....

:lol: No cake for you! :P

You can do it girl!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.