chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
We moving to Hurghada which is on the Red Sea. We'll be in Cairo first and I think the wedding will be in either Cairo or Luxor depending on the family. Really I'm not planning it the family is doing it which makes it nicer for me. They just ask garden or ferry boat. lol. I think I want a wedding dress like I saw in todays daily thread of the siggy's. She looked like a doll!

Ok back to reality. I'll go do those exercises and see.

http://www.touregypt.net/climate.htm

According to the above, it may be too hot to grow tomatoes when you're there... they will grow just fine but either not set fruit or not ripen their set fruit. But! Never fear, you can try.. and we can find some awesome alternatives.

That was an Islamic wedding dress... they are pretty common and yu can find one over there really easily.

Good luck with your exercises!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I :luv: the kitties!!

Awww, thanks! I don't usually show them, i'm kind of protective over my kitties lol. It's Belfry, Ptolemy, and Mudpuddle from L-R, ages 5, 11, and 8 respectively :)

Ptolemy looks like a luv bug! Reminds me of my Frankie:) I had a tabby cat...his name was Fat Frank. I adored him :) He passed away from cancer...it was the hardest thing ever. I don't think there is a cat out there like him. (we always feel that way don't we?)

Funny story....when I used to order chinese food...the man that would come to deliver...every time he saw Frank he'd yell out in his Asian accent..."Ohhhh Mr. Lion (wyon) how you doing?" He was gigantic...so scary to most because of his size but a total luv bug. And the delivery guy would bring him treats so Fat Frank LOVED chinese food night! :devil:

Awww, thanks! I don't usually show them, i'm kind of protective over my kitties lol. It's Belfry, Ptolemy, and Mudpuddle from L-R, ages 5, 11, and 8 respectively :)

I love your Kittehs too...Ptolemy reminds me of my cat, Buddy...he passed away 4 years ago - but he really was my buddy. I always say, "There is nothing like a big ole orange cat!" :luv::luv::luv:

OMGoodness....similar story :(

Actually, I just realized it...Buddy's been gone 5 years. I was on my way to Mass and I had seen Buddy next to the driveway and I knew he was ok...well, when I backed down the driveway I hit him - he had jumped in front of the car. I didn't kill him instantly, but we had to take him to the emergency room and they put him down, as there was nothing that could be done for him. He was such a great cat, but my heart broke that night. :cry:

The coolest thing about Buddy was that I could open the door and call him and like a dog he would come running. He also would love to go on walks with my family - sometimes though when the walk went too long he would tire out - so, we'd have to throw him over our shoulder to take him home. Just imagine a 15lb housecat thrown over your shoulder. :lol: He was my greatest cat...and I almost don't want another one because he was just so special.

Staashi...this was Frankie for me! He was 19 pounds and the size of a small moutain lion but hey...I loved his chunky monkey butt! Well, that just tells me there are other special kitties out there for us!!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ptolemy looks like a luv bug! Reminds me of my Frankie:) I had a tabby cat...his name was Fat Frank. I adored him :) He passed away from cancer...it was the hardest thing ever. I don't think there is a cat out there like him. (we always feel that way don't we?)

Funny story....when I used to order chinese food...the man that would come to deliver...every time he saw Frank he'd yell out in his Asian accent..."Ohhhh Mr. Lion (wyon) how you doing?" He was gigantic...so scary to most because of his size but a total luv bug. And the delivery guy would bring him treats so Fat Frank LOVED chinese food night! :devil:

I love your Kittehs too...Ptolemy reminds me of my cat, Buddy...he passed away 4 years ago - but he really was my buddy. I always say, "There is nothing like a big ole orange cat!" :luv::luv::luv:

Actually, I just realized it...Buddy's been gone 5 years. I was on my way to Mass and I had seen Buddy next to the driveway and I knew he was ok...well, when I backed down the driveway I hit him - he had jumped in front of the car. I didn't kill him instantly, but we had to take him to the emergency room and they put him down, as there was nothing that could be done for him. He was such a great cat, but my heart broke that night. :cry:

The coolest thing about Buddy was that I could open the door and call him and like a dog he would come running. He also would love to go on walks with my family - sometimes though when the walk went too long he would tire out - so, we'd have to throw him over our shoulder to take him home. Just imagine a 15lb housecat thrown over your shoulder. :lol: He was my greatest cat...and I almost don't want another one because he was just so special.

Staashi...this was Frankie for me! He was 19 pounds and the size of a small moutain lion but hey...I loved his chunky monkey butt! Well, that just tells me there are other special kitties out there for us!!

Someday, when we're both ready we'll get new ones...I think you need one now to eat the scorpions. :yes:

Someday, when we're both ready we'll get new ones...I think you need one now to eat the scorpions. :yes:

:thumbs:

Yay! Back to the gym today for me! :dance:

I started running this weekend! :) Hoping I can keep it up...I'd like to keep at 3 to 4 times a week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We moving to Hurghada which is on the Red Sea. We'll be in Cairo first and I think the wedding will be in either Cairo or Luxor depending on the family. Really I'm not planning it the family is doing it which makes it nicer for me. They just ask garden or ferry boat. lol. I think I want a wedding dress like I saw in todays daily thread of the siggy's. She looked like a doll!

Ok back to reality. I'll go do those exercises and see.

http://www.touregypt.net/climate.htm

According to the above, it may be too hot to grow tomatoes when you're there... they will grow just fine but either not set fruit or not ripen their set fruit. But! Never fear, you can try.. and we can find some awesome alternatives.

That was an Islamic wedding dress... they are pretty common and yu can find one over there really easily.

Good luck with your exercises!

What if I grow them in the months between November and April? I remember their nights were not that cold there during the winter but then again I am from Idaho. I can prance around in shorts in 60 degree weather.

The wedding dress reminds me of old romance. Like Braum Stocker's Dracula costumes and renaissance era. I would loved that dress and the porcelain doll make up! This Egypt wedding is really more for his family anyways so I'm going along with whatever because it's just nice to have a wedding instead of the experience I had getting married in a smoke filled office over 20 months ago at the Ministray of Justice. I think doing another cultures wedding would be something interesting and fun!

I also dream of doing an American wedding during the morning in a Rose Garden with friends and family around and then a same simple lunch. We may do that here.

If all goes well.

;)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
What if I grow them in the months between November and April? I remember their nights were not that cold there during the winter but then again I am from Idaho. I can prance around in shorts in 60 degree weather.

The wedding dress reminds me of old romance. Like Braum Stocker's Dracula costumes and renaissance era. I would loved that dress and the porcelain doll make up! This Egypt wedding is really more for his family anyways so I'm going along with whatever because it's just nice to have a wedding instead of the experience I had getting married in a smoke filled office over 20 months ago at the Ministray of Justice. I think doing another cultures wedding would be something interesting and fun!

I also dream of doing an American wedding during the morning in a Rose Garden with friends and family around and then a same simple lunch. We may do that here.

If all goes well.

;)

November-April looks perfect. Depending on what size balcony you have, you could actually have an awesome garden on there that you're also eating out of :)

I remember Islamic boutique used to have a really nice wedding abaya that i liked... but I'm not one for poofy dresses. my wedding dress (my actual one) isn't poofy at all :)

Timeline

The wedding dress reminds me of old romance. Like Braum Stocker's Dracula costumes and renaissance era. I would loved that dress and the porcelain doll make up! This Egypt wedding is really more for his family anyways so I'm going along with whatever because it's just nice to have a wedding instead of the experience I had getting married in a smoke filled office over 20 months ago at the Ministry of Justice. I think doing another cultures wedding would be something interesting and fun!

If all goes well.

;)

November-April looks perfect. Depending on what size balcony you have, you could actually have an awesome garden on there that you're also eating out of :)

I remember Islamic boutique used to have a really nice wedding abaya that i liked... but I'm not one for poofy dresses. my wedding dress (my actual one) isn't poofy at all :)

Our balcony may look something like this:

PIC00511.jpg

PIC00512.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I had my bowel cleanse stuff for breakfast.

Then an apple.

And I walked a 1/2 mile to school in 20mins.

I also got the permission to begin production for the short films.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

:thumbs: :thumbs: Woohoo sounds like it was an awesome super productive day for you!!!!

Good luck with the films!!!! :D

Then an apple.

Timeline
:thumbs::thumbs: Woohoo sounds like it was an awesome super productive day for you!!!!

Good luck with the films!!!! :D

Then an apple.

:thumbs: I have one crew member lined up. Now I better hatch out the preproduction if I can manage time inbetween any of this homework.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Congrats Olivia!

Jenn, how did your first day back go? I had mine yesterday (i inadvertantly took 4 days off-- the first two were because my muscles were in total exhaustion-- not sore really, but if I tried to work out at all they would just be soooo tired and burn-- literally it only took like 4 bicept lifts, squats, etc) and the second two days were just laziness.

I was watching something on TV with Ammar and it was on the military... airforce actually. Anyway, it was hilarious, because they were showing their morning workout and it is exactly the same as mine. He turned to me and asked me if i was secretly in the airforce :)

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Congrats Olivia!

Jenn, how did your first day back go? I had mine yesterday (i inadvertantly took 4 days off-- the first two were because my muscles were in total exhaustion-- not sore really, but if I tried to work out at all they would just be soooo tired and burn-- literally it only took like 4 bicept lifts, squats, etc) and the second two days were just laziness.

I was watching something on TV with Ammar and it was on the military... airforce actually. Anyway, it was hilarious, because they were showing their morning workout and it is exactly the same as mine. He turned to me and asked me if i was secretly in the airforce :)

Tell him..."Honey, you didn't know I was in Mossad?" Then wink at him. hehe :rofl::rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Congrats Olivia!

Ooh, what's the airforce workout? I want to try!

Yesterday wasn't so bad, I thought I was gonna have a harder time getting back into it since it had been over a week since I'd been. But I managed a 3 mile run without too much difficulty. I didn't make it today though - I'm working to a deadline at work tomorrow morning, so I've got to get to bed now and go in early. Hopefully I'll make it for a run at lunch time tomorrow though.

I did spend 20-30 minutes tonight doing ab work, pushups, squats and whatnot, at least it was something...

We're moving into a new apartment this weekend that has a gym on-site. I can't wait to learn the machines - looking forward to something new!

I've been meaning to ask, and maybe you've explained it but I missed it. Olivia, what is this bowel cleanse stuff that you're doing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.