chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey, I tried to post in here a ton but I think a lot of our exercisers are off the wagon-- one may be out of the country having fun without us.

I kind of had 2 weeks of partial wagon.. I was dragging my feet off the back. I gained 2lbs back so probably that is the payoff for that! I am, in general, getting really frustrated at having very little to no weight loss though after like 5 weeks. WTH??

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well next week I'm getting back on he wagon.

Julianna you may try to consult with you physician for help with losing weight if after 5 weeks it's not changing. It might come down to dietary changes or more cardio?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Julianna you may try to consult with you physician for help with losing weight if after 5 weeks it's not changing. It might come down to dietary changes or more cardio?

I've lost a lot of inches... so I look smaller. It's either I need more exercise or ?? I don't actually eat badly, 99% pure veggies with nothing on them.

Timeline

I've lost a lot of inches... so I look smaller. It's either I need more exercise or ?? I don't actually eat badly, 99% pure veggies with nothing on them.

Oh I completely forgot something in the beginning when trying to lose weight and doing exercises like you're doing then you're trading fat for muscle which weighs more. Sounds like you're in the toning up phase. So don't worry and keep doing what you're doing because pretty soon you'll start to see the decline in weight when you've built all the lean muscle you can.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

OK, there have been a ton of people in this thread. I didn't feel like looking the entire way through it, but I did manage to pull out a few names of people who joined:

Chaishai, me, Jen, Jenn, Olivia, Mrs. Amera, Caybee, Bridget, tnh9479, Water, Aymerlu, Jackie, Nutty, Polarbear, Noura, Dorothy, Melly, Ayesha4akram, Hollyw, Henna Rose, Amal, S and S, Terrie... and some fringe/later pledges from Alhamdulillah (indirectly saying she was joining a gym lol), JP (after the baby)...

So how is everyone doing?

Timeline

Since the first of the year I've been yoyo dieting. I thought coming to stay with my Mom would be good for the summer because we could both commit to a diet. Now I am leaving back to school and I weigh more than when I arrived. We did poorly on our dieting. I can't blame her completely I just should know not to try to diet with my Mom anymore because we've been doing this kind of thing for years. We're enablers and I do better solo.

I am really looking forward to going back to school and focusing on my health more. I fly out in a couple hours and by tonight I will be back in Moscow, Idaho. Classes start on Monday for me and this semester will be very busy. I plan to really work on my diet and exercise plan at least doing some sort of daily activity and sticking to a plant based diet. Giving up the alcohol when I turn 30 next month and drinking mostly water and teas. By the end of this year if all goes as planned I hope to have lost 32 lbs.

I realize that this is a lifestyle change. That this isn't just a diet. That everyday if I want to be healthy and at a happy weight then I need to change the way I live by always being conscious of the foods I choose to eat and activities I choose to participate in. Next semester I will be signed up for a yoga class and my hope is that it tones me up, increases my flexibility, and brings me peace of mind.

I am determined and resolved to mold myself in the coming year to the person I envision my potential to be.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Good luck Olivia!!! Be sure to keep drinking the water all day, as that will help you flush out toxins and reduce your water and fat storage!

Well! I just weighed in and although I didn't change much this week, I did lose another half inch on my waist...

So, so far i've lost:

Hips: 3 inches

Waist: 3 inches (it's 26.5 now, so only about 2.5-4 inches to go)

Biceps: 1.5 inches

Bust: 1/2 inch

Thigh: 2 inches

Calf: 1/2 inch

Weight: 6lbs

This weeks i dropped about 4lbs. So I think I may be finally starting to really drop some weight.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been off the wagon for a few months now but officially I will be back on it Tuesday, inshallah. I know it will be tough what with Ramadan but if I can keep it all at 1200 cal/day or under I'll be ok.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
I have been off the wagon for a few months now but officially I will be back on it Tuesday, inshallah. I know it will be tough what with Ramadan but if I can keep it all at 1200 cal/day or under I'll be ok.

Do you have a reason to be eating so few calories? Usually 1200cal or less is a doctor-only diet since it leads to a slow metabolism and starvation/malnutrition over the long-term. Are you bumping your metabolism 1-2 times/week with a high calorie day?

Timeline

Do you have a reason to be eating so few calories? Usually 1200cal or less is a doctor-only diet since it leads to a slow metabolism and starvation/malnutrition over the long-term. Are you bumping your metabolism 1-2 times/week with a high calorie day?

:rofl: well if ya twist my arm I could seriously consider it!!! Whaddya have in mind....a binge on chippedy chocolatey ice cream twice/week at night? I can seriously partake in that if you force me to. :)

Timeline

:rofl: well if ya twist my arm I could seriously consider it!!! Whaddya have in mind....a binge on chippedy chocolatey ice cream twice/week at night? I can seriously partake in that if you force me to. :)

Well, it should only take about 2 weeks at 1200 cal in order to make you stop losing weight and screw your body up for quite some time. So you need 1-2 higher calorie days in order to bump up, unless you are absolutely not doing a single thing ever, in which case 1200 may work out for you at a low activity level. And yes, icecream can do it.

Timeline

Well, it should only take about 2 weeks at 1200 cal in order to make you stop losing weight and screw your body up for quite some time. So you need 1-2 higher calorie days in order to bump up, unless you are absolutely not doing a single thing ever, in which case 1200 may work out for you at a low activity level. And yes, icecream can do it.

Sounds like a plan, stan. Actually there used to be this way of doing Weight WAtchers...I forget the term for it but it was based on that same principle, basically you eat the lowest points for three days, then the highest for one day, then the lowest for the rest of the week. A lot of people saw progress after stalling for a long time when they tried it. I think I'll do something similar, thanks!

Timeline
Sounds like a plan, stan. Actually there used to be this way of doing Weight WAtchers...I forget the term for it but it was based on that same principle, basically you eat the lowest points for three days, then the highest for one day, then the lowest for the rest of the week. A lot of people saw progress after stalling for a long time when they tried it. I think I'll do something similar, thanks!

Yeah, same basic idea.. because you want to try to keep your metabolism up at the processing speed of the higher intake and avoid adjustment.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Calorie-cycling or even carb cycling works really well...if you do like 1200 one day, 1600 the next...or low carbs one day and then add a few carbs the next.

:crying: i gained 10lbs during my vacation :crying:

I'm hoping that Ramadan gets me back into the "less eating" phase...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.