kimmbo

I-134 questions, USC in Canada and Joint Sponsor questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for the dumb questions, just trying to get all the stressin done now..before the interview next month...

Ok, getting ready for my husband's Jan 25th interview and finishing the I-134 papers... I have a few questions just to make sure I have everything right.. Since my husband and I both live in Canada, my mom in the US is our joint sponsor..

On HER I-134 for question #11:

"I __ intend , ___do not intend... to make specific contributions to the support of the person named... etc

she has put in "housing, for as long as needed"...

is that necessary or should I just have her put "K-3 visa process", which is what I have put on my form..??

also she has her IRS transcripts for the last 3 years, and letter from employer, check stubs for the last year (I told her to just include the most recent 2 to 3 months stubs)... does she need to include a bank statement? she doesnt have a huge amount in savings, as long as shes makes well over the poverty line is the bank statement necessary?

I know she has to get hers notorized...but for mine, on the instruction form for the I-134 it says "If you are OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, the affadvit must be sworn to or NOTICE affirmed before a US consular or Immigration officer... I can do that the day of the interview at the Consulate, right?

again sorry for the dumb questions... LOL :D

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-134 question 11 is asked about all the time in the forums.

I-134 is used for many different types of NON-Immigrant visas, like work visas, and student visas, a sponsor can indicate amount and length of time they will sponsor a person in work, and student cases, the question does not apply to K-Visas due to the immigrant intent of the K-Visas.

Use the example I-134 form: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Don't bother checking anything, and indicate on note lines "N/A ( K1 or K3 visa process for permanent residence )"

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

And you are correct, you can sign it at the consulate in front of a counselor officer.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.