Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

WHY DID THEY STOP APPROVING US??? What is wrong with CSC ????

Seaflower, I would not start worrying yet. The approvals now coming out of CSC were of those filed in late March 2007. Did you file around June 2007? If so, I am sure there are many folks waiting for approvals in between March/April and June.

It is hard to wait all this time - I should know because it took 14 months for the approval. But, at least it seems with most of the transferred cases, they are going by the NOA dates at NSC.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seaflower, I would not start worrying yet. The approvals now coming out of CSC were of those filed in late March 2007. Did you file around June 2007? If so, I am sure there are many folks waiting for approvals in between March/April and June.

It is hard to wait all this time - I should know because it took 14 months for the approval. But, at least it seems with most of the transferred cases, they are going by the NOA dates at NSC.

I meant to say ..... The approvals now coming out of CSC were of those filed in late February/early March 2007."

Edit time clocked out :blink:

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Update: Card arrived yesterday, with the expected mistake in place :angry:

It had been mailed out April 24th. So the e-mail was sent out a day later.

Off to the DO tomorrow to see what they can do to correct the mistake.

Those still waiting - hang in there!

4/18/07 Biometrics

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Update: Card arrived yesterday, with the expected mistake in place :angry:

It had been mailed out April 24th. So the e-mail was sent out a day later.

Off to the DO tomorrow to see what they can do to correct the mistake.

Those still waiting - hang in there!

What kind of error? Do not recall any instructions that came with the card to verify if any errors if made or even to check your card for errors and if they are errors, what to do about it.

Some things are obvious, a photo that should resemble you, your name, spelled correctly, birthday, your sex whether a M or a F, country of origin that gets hairy if you moved to a different country and have to use the passport of that new country, the all important expiration date, but is that 1718, 1918, or 2018 for the year, just says 18, probably not a big deal, but was sure a nightmare in the year 2000 with computer upgrades, resident since, and a fingerprint that an average person couldn't decide if correct or not.

Regarding the Alien number should that be the same as the original assigned number or did they assign a new one? Ours are like the original assigned number. On the rear of the card if you hold it to the light just right can read the I-751 assigned receipt number, name again, and DOB.

At the bottom of the front of the card is a C1USA Alien number with an added "6" to ours, have no idea what that "6" is for, then the same Receipt number, middle line doesn't make any sense at all, last line is the name again separated by <<<<.

Just saying, we can check out most of the card, but not all of it, and very surprised the USCIS didn't upgrade to the four digit year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I meant to say ..... The approvals now coming out of CSC were of those filed in late February/early March 2007."

Well, as you can see, we filed end of Dec. 2006. And still nothing. It's hard not to believe it's nothing prejudicial anymore..... At this point we wouldn't even care if they notified us for an interview, at least it would be giving us some kind of attention!

I-751 timeline:

Dec. 27, 2006 mailed I-751 packet

Jan. 4, 2007 date on NOA

Jan. 30, 2007 Biometrics

Feb. 1, 2007 last time our file was touched....

April 1, 2008, file touched and transferred to CSC

April 2, 2008, file touched again....

April 14, 2008 NOA about transfer

May 12, 2008 email stating 10 yr card ordered

May 19, 2008 10 yr card received

N-400 timeline:

May 7, 2008 mailed in N-400 packet

May 9, 2008 USCIS receives and signs for (by F. Heinauer) N-400 packet

May 19, 2008 NOA of receipt of N-400 and NOA for biometrics

May 30, 2008 biometrics

Aug. 5, 2008 Naturalization interview

Sept. 23, 2008 Oath ceremony, new US Citizen!! (have dual citizenship)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, as you can see, we filed end of Dec. 2006. And still nothing. It's hard not to believe it's nothing prejudicial anymore..... At this point we wouldn't even care if they notified us for an interview, at least it would be giving us some kind of attention!

So are you just waiting or calling? I would be screaming, well politely screaming. With the posted processing dates, you have every right to call.

What kind of error? Do not recall any instructions that came with the card to verify if any errors if made or even to check your card for errors and if they are errors, what to do about it.

I did not head out after all for the infopass appointment. Browsing some more on the USCIS site, it looked like I would have to send the physical card back anyway via mail - why bother taking a 2.25 hour drive each way???? So I cancelled the appointment. The piece of paper that comes with the card does say to call if there are any mistakes.

My last name was misspelt (I think I posted this somewhere on this thread) on the initial NOA, received in February 2007. At that time, I called USCIS and they said the error could be corrected at biometrics. I had biometrics done at a USCIS office, and they did correct the name and told me it is taken care of. My 2-yr card had no errors. I do not know why they cannot follow up on the original paper trail - obviously, someone had entered the data all over again for removal. No wonder this system is so inefficient!!

No word for the next 13 months. When the NOA came with the transfer to CSC (April 2008), the typo was still there. I called USCIS again, and was told to make an appointment at the District Office. They basically said nothing could be done about correcting the name over the phone (which seems contrary to what someone had posted). Earliest I could get an appointment was this morning. Last week, the petition was approved, and the card arrived Saturday with the typo. I am so bummed that they held it for 14 months, and could not hold it for another week, because I could have had this taken care of this morning's appointment.

One more call this morning to USCIS, just to see if they would give the same information as the website. More or less so. I just got back from the PO, having sent back all the papers to the CSC address that was given in the NOA. Another $20 bucks in postage and copying and half a day of work lost. I just hope this is it for the next 10 years. The Customer Service line said it could take a maximum of 120 days for a replacement card to arrive!! It had better not. I've already waited 14 months :angry::angry:

On the plus side, I do have an extension for a year which I had to get for an emergency. So I can travel this summer. I'll update whenever I get the replacement.

4/18/07 Biometrics

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Coloradogirl, I was specifically thinking of you when I highlighted the "most" in my post. It sucks, but I think I agree with you about certain countries having a higher chance of getting scrutinized more closely, specially if they run a second name check at removal of condition. I am 99% sure the combination of my names is one of a kind, and that it would have gone through quickly had a second check been done.

I forget - have you contacted your senator etc? Good Luck!

4/18/07 Biometrics

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's high time for you to get your Congessman and both Senators involved... Have you contacted them yet?

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Coloradogirl, I was specifically thinking of you when I highlighted the "most" in my post. It sucks, but I think I agree with you about certain countries having a higher chance of getting scrutinized more closely, specially if they run a second name check at removal of condition. I am 99% sure the combination of my names is one of a kind, and that it would have gone through quickly had a second check been done.

I forget - have you contacted your senator etc? Good Luck!

I called Customer Service this morning to ask about my case. I told the lady that I am concerning about it because most of people got approved with the NOA by the end of March. She told me that I cannot only look at others because each has different immigrant officer and has to go through different background check, FBI check, name check, etc. She asked me to be patient and wait. So I guess whoever didn't get the answer is maybe going through the extra checking processing. Our application fee is well-spend. -_-

I took the advice from many here. I contacted my senator and congressman. No response from them. Call the customer service. Two service requests. No response. Our last try is the package with more evidence sent overnight by UPS. It should arrive tomorrow morning. That is 30$ well spent...

Edited by MDZJ

Filed: Timeline

I deal with the government at work on a daily basis and I will tell you that if you don't get a decent response from whoever you talk to, keep trying. Today I had to get two different branches of the government on the phone with each other to have one of them tell the other one that "yes, you can do what this person is asking" and suddenly they were all nice and figured out that they are indeed responsible for what we're trying to get them to do.

I was looking at government jobs online a couple of months ago and they had about 125 positions posted for immigration workers. Odds are a decent percentage of those who will be answering the phone nowadays will be rather new and might not even know as much about your process as you do. I wouldn't quote Visa Journey to them, but I would give them specific information from the USCIS website and be as understanding and helpful as possible. Of course if you get someone who has been there forever and is burnt out they won't care, but new people might want to do a good job and appreciate any information you provide them.

If your case has been in process since 2006, I would think someone would be able to find where it's hung up if they did a little digging. It's just getting them to do the digging that can be hard. Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.