*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh Julez :(

these stories distress me so much... I'm so glad you were able to make it all work anyway, even though I know it can't be easy at times :(

and you're so right - this is your life partner; unless they're abusive or in some other way horrible NO ONE has any right to try to stop you being together, and certainly no right to try to make you feel guilty about it... when they do that, they basically want to run their life, and part of yours as well; it's just not on :angry:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its hard not to have the support of your family. My husband had a similar problem, in that his adult children said that if he moved to the US to marry me that they'd have nothing to do with them. As you can see, he moved anyway. But there was a lot of emotional struggle over it. At the end of the day, though, you realize your fiance is your life partner, the one who'll be there watching the telly with you, and going out to dinner, etc. Its the natural progression of life. Its too bad some family members are so selfish that they can just be happy that you are happy. For my husband, its been nearly 2 years since his son and daughter have talked to him. Though, they still see fit to cash the Christmas and Birthday checks he sends.

Anyhow, I hope you can get your mom to come around. (F)

That is so very sad. :(

My mother has never flown in her life; she has ear problems but is having that re-tested (they banned her from flying in the 70s) and she is also very scared of the thought of flying, but she is making an effort to attend my wedding and this thread is reminding me that I should give her an extra big thank you hug when I next see her. (L)

Re. Patience...I'm not sure that any one of us has more patience than the others; we just do what we have to do. Thanks to visa processing times/monetary constraints/arranging a wedding around when family and friends' holiday times I'm expecting a whole year will have gone by by the time I next see Alex, but that is something that is beyond my control and I just have to endure it.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Is there any problem giving the address of a hotel (or friend) for the visa to be sent to? I don't think we will be living in our apartment by the time the interview rolls around. We'll be all packed up and waiting to hop the first plane out after the visa is approved!!!

Thanks for any insight.

Thomas

I know people who've had their stuff delivered to them at work, so the main thing is that you're there to sign for the package upon delivery.

I had my passport delivered at work and it was no problem :)

if I hadn't been there I could have left my bank card or some other form of ID for a colleague to sign in my stead... thankfully, that wasn't necessary :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Its hard not to have the support of your family. My husband had a similar problem, in that his adult children said that if he moved to the US to marry me that they'd have nothing to do with them. As you can see, he moved anyway. But there was a lot of emotional struggle over it. At the end of the day, though, you realize your fiance is your life partner, the one who'll be there watching the telly with you, and going out to dinner, etc. Its the natural progression of life. Its too bad some family members are so selfish that they can just be happy that you are happy. For my husband, its been nearly 2 years since his son and daughter have talked to him. Though, they still see fit to cash the Christmas and Birthday checks he sends.

Anyhow, I hope you can get your mom to come around. (F)

That is so very sad. :(

My mother has never flown in her life; she has ear problems but is having that re-tested (they banned her from flying in the 70s) and she is also very scared of the thought of flying, but she is making an effort to attend my wedding and this thread is reminding me that I should give her an extra big thank you hug when I next see her. (L)

Re. Patience...I'm not sure that any one of us has more patience than the others; we just do what we have to do. Thanks to visa processing times/monetary constraints/arranging a wedding around when family and friends' holiday times I'm expecting a whole year will have gone by by the time I next see Alex, but that is something that is beyond my control and I just have to endure it.

Wow a year? I feel bad for complaining now - I only saw Toby 3 weeks ago! It's the knowledge of future waiting that sends me crazy!!

Rachel - I hope you're mom is given the all clear to fly!!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i can has interview? Alasdair will be going under the gun on April 28th. Yippee!!!! :)

Now, am I mistaken or do some people seem to get their visa on the same day and some seem to get it sent to them?

05-13-06 - Met at Neo Nightclub in Chicago through a mutual friend.

05-24-06 - First formal date, followed immediately by weekend spent together.

09-07-06 - First trip to the UK. Sick most of the time, loved it anyway. :)

11-21-06 - Alasdair comes in for Thanksgiving.

03-28-07 - Second trip to the UK, flew out to Northern Ireland to meet the parents.

06-12-07 - Alasdair's next visit, we go everywhere and do everything. :)

06-17-07 - We become formally engaged, though it'd been in discussion for months.

07-27-07 - I-129F packet sent to Nebraska Service Center.

07-30-07 - I-129F packet received at Nebraska Service Center and forwarded to California.

08-24-07 - Check finally cashed!

08-25-07 - NOA1 Received!

01-30-08 - NOA2 Finally Received!

03-18-08 - Packet 3 Received!

04-03-08 - Packet 4 Received!

04-28-08 - Interview at 8:30am

Fiance still an idiot, sent wrong doc, still waiting on arrival date.

3052.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Keep the updates coming!!!

January 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

February 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

March 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

Bforbarree, StillthePrettiest, toshtishtash, londonuk, pkscotus, lisalu100, Darren&Laura, tomsandi, DonnaB, ladyynara, babblesgirl, zoobuffalo and KJC,

• bunsk2007..........................................2008-02-11 ????????????
  • Sad Eyes............................................2008-02-25 Stuck in AP - hopefully not for long!
  • piqqulet..............................................2008-02-29 ???????????
  • GeordieLover.......................................2008-04-01
  • ajeanne.............................................2008-04-07
  • jeraly................................................2008-04-09 :luv:
  • thejoz/thesquozenone..........................2008-04-10
  • Chorley80..........................................2008-04-22
  • greeneyedgirlfl....................................2008-04-25
  • AtlantiCat..........................................2008-04-28
  • NickyMcMillan.....................................2008-04-30 @ 10:00
i can has interview? Alasdair will be going under the gun on April 28th. Yippee!!!! :)

Now, am I mistaken or do some people seem to get their visa on the same day and some seem to get it sent to them?

Everyone has their visa hand delivered to them via courier. There is no same day visa issuance at the embassy.

LOL you'd have to move to Texas!!!! But its office work for a HUGE Insurance Broker.

Robyn I just looked at your banner and wow, less than 50 days since you filed and already you're about to have the interview. Thats fab!

Yep... we've been extremely surprised by how fast things have moved for us. Luck of the draw, great preperation.. who the heck knows but i'm greatful!!!

Patience is something i generally have in abundance.. EXCEPT when it comes to wanting Kris here ASAP! LOL

Timeline

:dancing: Congratulations Geordie Lover!!! :dancing:

Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

Bforbarree, StillthePrettiest, toshtishtash, londonuk, pkscotus, lisalu100, Darren&Laura, tomsandi, DonnaB, ladyynara, babblesgirl, zoobuffalo and KJC,

• Sad Eyes............................................2008-02-25 Stuck in AP - hopefully not for long!
  • GeordieLover.......................................2008-04-01 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
:dancing: Congratulations Geordie Lover!!! :dancing:

• GeordieLover.......................................2008-04-01 APPROVED!!!!

Congrats!!

Has anyone heard from Sad Eyes re the AP?

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Sad Eyes reported in a few weeks ago, saying they'd made no progress. Hopefully soon!

It doesn't seem to be a common occurence though. Isn't it all to do with fingerprint checking or something? (or am I being dumb)

29th July 2008 - POE

Timeline
Sad Eyes reported in a few weeks ago, saying they'd made no progress. Hopefully soon!

It doesn't seem to be a common occurence though. Isn't it all to do with fingerprint checking or something? (or am I being dumb)

I thinks its much more related to the fact that her fiance is Pakistani.

And you're right, AP is not very common in the London Embassy.

Timeline

Ahh that makes more sense. I didn't know that. I'm not saying it's fair, but I can understand a little better now.

29th July 2008 - POE

these stories distress me so much... I'm so glad you were able to make it all work anyway, even though I know it can't be easy at times :(

and you're so right - this is your life partner; unless they're abusive or in some other way horrible NO ONE has any right to try to stop you being together, and certainly no right to try to make you feel guilty about it... when they do that, they basically want to run their life, and part of yours as well; it's just not on :angry:

I agree - I think all my family had reservations - Jeremy and I had made a go of our relationship when we were in our late teens and we just didn't have the maturity to deal with it - it was a mess... The second time around my family obviously had their doubts based on our previous attempt and the fact that we met online which was a bit of a standing joke for a while. Now they've all met him and accepted him and it is grand.

I'm a firm believer in that we all have choices - thankfully I haven't been put in a position where I have to make too many hard decisions although when Jeremy got promoted we had to rapidly change our plans to me moving there - it made so much more sense but it was still hard because I am so close to my family and he never sees his :P

Ahh that makes more sense. I didn't know that. I'm not saying it's fair, but I can understand a little better now.

I really hope it isn't based on his race - that would really suck :( Did we hear from our MIAs as well?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

I agree - I think all my family had reservations - Jeremy and I had made a go of our relationship when we were in our late teens and we just didn't have the maturity to deal with it - it was a mess... The second time around my family obviously had their doubts based on our previous attempt and the fact that we met online which was a bit of a standing joke for a while. Now they've all met him and accepted him and it is grand.

I'm a firm believer in that we all have choices - thankfully I haven't been put in a position where I have to make too many hard decisions although when Jeremy got promoted we had to rapidly change our plans to me moving there - it made so much more sense but it was still hard because I am so close to my family and he never sees his :P

I really hope it isn't based on his race - that would really suck :( Did we hear from our MIAs as well?

Most likely he has a common name. That seems to be the biggest issue with those of middle eastern descent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.