*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

I know!! I was expecting end of the month!! I got told off by the receptionist at Knightsbridge for not booking my medical beforehand. I also have to have my passport at the medical so how does that work? At least my mum can come with me which is something...

So with them changing the K-1 to an immigrant visa - where do I stand on that? Do I need the new police certificate after all? What about teh HPV jab? I was basing everything on K-1 being a non-immigrant visa so now I am completely confused with a week to get my head straight!!!

I am sooo nervous now - I am freaking that I am not going to get it due to some stupid technicality through our non-legal wedding or me missing something because I was basing everything on K-1 being a non-immigrant visa... ohhhh.... I just want to drink red wine until I go blind...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Another fandabbydozie update!!!

January 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

February 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

March 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

Bforbarree, StillthePrettiest, toshtishtash, londonuk, pkscotus, lisalu100, Darren&Laura, tomsandi, DonnaB, ladyynara, babblesgirl, zoobuffalo and KJC,

• bunsk2007..........................................2008-02-11 ????????????
  • Sad Eyes............................................2008-02-25 Stuck in AP - hopefully not for long!
  • piqqulet..............................................2008-02-29 ???????????
  • GeordieLover.......................................2008-04-01
  • ajeanne.............................................2008-04-07
  • jeraly................................................2008-04-09 (bout freakin' time!) :luv:
  • thejoz/thesquozenone..........................2008-04-10
  • Chorley80..........................................2008-04-22
  • greeneyedgirlfl....................................2008-04-25
  • NickyMcMillan.....................................2008-04-30 @ 10:00
Still wondering......Anyone heard from Geordie Lover? :unsure:

Nothing yet... has she even logged in since? Maybe things are a bit crazy hectic for her :)

Did anyone have any clue about all my previous ramblings about the change of visa type and all that jazz? I am so confused and scared and nervous about it all...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

RE: HPV, you are still in the same position - you just tell the medical people you will get it done by AOS, in america.

RE: Police Cert, you have 2 choices

1) Go with your current police cert. The worst that can happen is that they say you need to get it. Your visa approval will be pending medical results anyway, and they only take 10 days, so you will only be adding on a few days before the visa is issued.

2) You apply for the new one, and maybe you get it before the interview, maybe you don't. L&P got it basically 3 working days after they applied for it, so it's possible. If it doesn't arrive before the interview, see option 1

RE: Real-but-not-official-wedding. If I hear you stress about that one more time, I am going to ask Ewok to ban you. For Real. Stop stressing about it. (however do not refer to Jeramy as your husband)

RE: Passport. I have heard tell that you can just bring a copy of your passport to the medical. Maybe also bring your drivers licence so you have something to back it up.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The UK Wiki

Thank you sooo much Poiteen :D It makes it harder that I am in work so I can't obviously research it all myself - when I get home I am going to be organising and printing and planning and all sorts...

I start a new job Monday as well which is... I don't know if that is a good thing or not!! I am sooo nervous and I know I will be fine but it was a shock and I wasn't expecting it all so soon... be careful what you wish for :lol: Although at least it will be out of the way :)

So for immigrant visas you don't need the vaccinations up to date? OMG I need to call my doctor and all sorts...

Have also changed medical date (at mum's suggestion) to Tuesday afternoon so that will be one less thing to worry about :) I also get to spend an evening in London with my mummy which is cool! She is off for Easter hols this week and next so she was kinda hoping I got my interview next week so she could come as well - neither of us thought that would happen though! I can't believe it!!!

At least I will have someone there to stop me stressing... think diet will go out of the window next week or at least for those two days.

And I am still going to drink a bottle of red tonight. Even if it doesn't make me blind :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Yay! On Tuesday you mean? Maybe post-medical? I can introduce you to my mum even though we never met and we can talk visa-babble while she sits there getting bored educated. I can freak out to you about the interview :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't mind which, Tuesday evening is fine!

I do sometimes work late though, when is your appointment?

By the way, did you put an expected travel date on when you returned your packet 3? I should be about 10 days behind you, but I thought since I put down my travel date of 1st August, that I won't get a date for a while.

The UK Wiki

I put down the 30th June so a good ways in advance :) Fingers crossed you'll be hearing back soon as well! I didn't realise I was going to feel so panicky! I swear I am a total mess!!! I was completely calm before in fact I was scaring myself! If this is what I am like now then what will I be like in June when I move?!!?!

Med is at 3.10pm - apparently it takes about an hour so... I don't know anywhere in the area :) London is easy enough to navigate but I tend to do it on the fly rather than know points of interest... maybe we could pursuade StP to come as well!?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hang on, hang on, I'm lost - the 9th is Wednesday; that's interview AND medical, right? so when are you meeting for lunch? I should be able to wangle something - maybe... will do my absolute best :)

and I'm glad Poiteen came along and said what she did; I would have said exactly the same :D

I wouldn't bother about the new police cert... it's just one more thing to bother you, and if you DO need it, you've got plenty of time to arrange it :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My goodness they aren't wasting any time with the interviews these days! From sending back packet 3 to getting packet 4 - WOW!!

Good luck Jeraly!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

hang on, hang on, I'm lost - the 9th is Wednesday; that's interview AND medical, right? so when are you meeting for lunch? I should be able to wangle something - maybe... will do my absolute best :)

and I'm glad Poiteen came along and said what she did; I would have said exactly the same :D

I wouldn't bother about the new police cert... it's just one more thing to bother you, and if you DO need it, you've got plenty of time to arrange it :)

Ok - well I changed my medical date to the Tuesday now so I don't have to worry about the passport issue. Not that there would prolly be much of an issue but it is one less thing for me to concern myself. The receptionist at Knightsbridge was pretty funny - she told me off saying that I should have booked before then (which I knew :P) and then said "you do realise that this means you won't get your visa issued at interview don't you?" I didn't bother to explain that a) I couldn't care less and B) as it takes a few days or so to send the visa anyway, a few more weren't going to bother me :lol:

My goodness they aren't wasting any time with the interviews these days! From sending back packet 3 to getting packet 4 - WOW!!

Good luck Jeraly!

I must say I was surprised after hearing it was going to take about a month... then GEG got her packet 4 yesterday and her packet 3 was posted the day after mine so I knew to expect it soon... I wasn't expecting the interview this soon but at least it is out of the way!

Ok... so... I need to get all this straight in my head because I am still in weird-interview-bubble-land.

*Need to gather all documents requested (passport, forms, birth certificate, police certificate)

*Print out things that say I don't need the new police certificate and that K-1 is a non-immigrant visa if it indeed still states that anywhere...

Ok - have found that K-1 has to fulfill some requirements of immigrant visas here which might mean the police certificate... Here is where it says that non-immigrant visas are not required to have the new style certificate... and HERE (thanks moxie) is where it says a K-1 is a non-immigrant visa...

So if I print all that out I should be fine with the Police certificate and the non-HPV :D

*Gather evidence of ongoing relationship

Is this really all I need to do? It just seems like more admin and paperwork that is annoying but not-too-hard...

I'm also concerned because babblesgirl said she had a letter to explain that she no longer suffers from depression from her doctor as she had it in the past. I did as well (about 7 years ago) and I declared that on my medical form thing and wondered if I needed a letter also - if so then I need to get on that fast...

How did people organise their files? Come on - I know you all had nicely organised folders with everything in... I just want to kinda have something to gauge it by if that makes sense...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Aly, Griff had his interview in the morning and his medical in the afternoon. He obviously didn't have his passport with him and it all went well. I can ask him for more details later as I just called home and he didn't answer.

ETA: Just saw your issue is resolved.

Also, regarding the depression, I would DEFINITELY get a letter from your GP.

Edited by julezabelle

Yay! On Tuesday you mean? Maybe post-medical? I can introduce you to my mum even though we never met and we can talk visa-babble while she sits there getting bored educated. I can freak out to you about the interview :D

Jeraly!! i see you got your interview date???? Nice! :dance:

Oh my god, I step away from the computer for 2 hours and this happens??? CONGRATS, JERALY!!!

I have v. little going on Tuesday until about 7.30-8pm if you have some time to meet up for reals!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.