*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I did book it before my passport arrived! I just couldn't wait. I received the text message at 16:15 yesterday saying that it would be delivered by 12 today. I paid a bit extra for midday delivery so my retired father wouldn't have to wait around all day for it to arrive!

I'm too scared to book mine and I think I'm going to regret it! But, no text message yet. I paid the before 10am delivery thing. Hoping it's going to be tomorrow.

Haha - well against all advice and info I want to book my flights asap cause I need to make sure I can get my cat on and in the summer there are going to be restrictions because of the heat embargo... Why do I have to make life so complicated for myself! I just feel like everything is up in the air at the moment with the packet not being delivered and the changes to the police cert and the HPV thing... :angry:

I need to know about this police certificate as well...Darren already has his 1 year certificate, and we need to know if we need to order a new one...

What a racket!!!

The old one is still valid until August. I'll check that though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But if it is only valid if it has been carried out in the last six months then I might have to get a new one anyway...

Ahh!! 10th November - I should be ok :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Yay, my visa came today!! Flights are booked for Sunday! The shippers came today to take the stuff we're shipping, so all that is left now is to finish packing and cleaning the place for the inspection Saturday.

---------------------------------------

14/Jul/97 - Met Rick in UK

04/Nov/97 - Travelled to US on visitors visa

01/Jan/98 - Married in US

1998 - 2000 - Long process with Immigration obtaining Green Card #1.

20/May/2003 - Left US for UK

11/Feb/2004 - Child #1 born

14/Jul/2005 - Child #2 born

August 2007 - Decide we need to move back to USA. Kicking self for not getting citizenship.

24/Sep/2007 - I-130 sent

28/Sep/2007 - I-130 NOA1

12/Dec/2007 - I-130 Approved

11/Jan/2008 - Police Certificate applied for

11/Jan/2008 - DS-230 part 1 sent off

14/Jan/2008 - Medical booked for Jan 21st

21/Jan/2008 - Medical in London - all clear!

24/Jan/2008 - Statement of readiness sent to embassy

09/Feb/2008 - Police clearance arrived

14/Mar/2008 - Interview at 9am!! APPROVED!

18/Mar/2008 - Visa arrived!

22/Mar/2008 - Being made homeless!

23/Mar/2008 - Flight to USA!!

12/Apr/2008 - Greencard arrived!

Done with immigration until I can apply for citizenship in 2011.

Oh sooo cool! Bit of a stress at the last minute but it all fell nicely into place!! And how exciting to just book a flight for so soon!!!! Part of me would love to do that but I know when I am flying and it isn't for ages so :P

I guess I made the decision though - in theory I can go anytime but I want to be here for my mum's 50th and we are having our UK reception now on the 27th June so it all kinda works out... apart from the uber expensive flights to LA in the summer :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

Well the cooling off date WAS August 15th for the 'old' police certificate but someone is now reporting April 15th. See thread here. Sorry about that anyone who will be interviewed after April.

Also if you do go ahead and order the ACPO certificate the embassy states it is valid for 12 months after issuance and not the 6 months it states on the certificate.

Congrats Ladynnara!! I noticed some reasonable prices for travel this weekend, hope it stays that way so I can book mine. It's Good Friday this week, I do hope the courier service get notice to deliver my visa before then :(

Our flights have ended up being £330 each, which wasn't too bad...originally we were looking at £550 per person (for 4 of us, erk!), but going to an airport 2 more hours drive away has saved us over £800. The kids will probably sleep on the drive anyway. I'm feeling a lot more excited about the move now the major hurdles (visa, flights booked) are out of the way. Our house is mainly empty now, going to be sleeping on the floor for a couple of nights but c'est la vie. We have a hotel booked nearby Friday so we can come back here for the inspection on Saturday, and then a hotel booked for Saturday evening at Gatwick. Hoping immigration on entry won't be too much hassle!

---------------------------------------

14/Jul/97 - Met Rick in UK

04/Nov/97 - Travelled to US on visitors visa

01/Jan/98 - Married in US

1998 - 2000 - Long process with Immigration obtaining Green Card #1.

20/May/2003 - Left US for UK

11/Feb/2004 - Child #1 born

14/Jul/2005 - Child #2 born

August 2007 - Decide we need to move back to USA. Kicking self for not getting citizenship.

24/Sep/2007 - I-130 sent

28/Sep/2007 - I-130 NOA1

12/Dec/2007 - I-130 Approved

11/Jan/2008 - Police Certificate applied for

11/Jan/2008 - DS-230 part 1 sent off

14/Jan/2008 - Medical booked for Jan 21st

21/Jan/2008 - Medical in London - all clear!

24/Jan/2008 - Statement of readiness sent to embassy

09/Feb/2008 - Police clearance arrived

14/Mar/2008 - Interview at 9am!! APPROVED!

18/Mar/2008 - Visa arrived!

22/Mar/2008 - Being made homeless!

23/Mar/2008 - Flight to USA!!

12/Apr/2008 - Greencard arrived!

Done with immigration until I can apply for citizenship in 2011.

Timeline

I'm sure it will be fine. Plus, the kids will think it's an amazing adventure - sleeping on floors, hotels, airports, flights and then home to the US :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm sure it will be fine. Plus, the kids will think it's an amazing adventure - sleeping on floors, hotels, airports, flights and then home to the US :)

Congratulations to everyone with recent interview dates and approvals!

Our update: My SO landed at JFK today (in hopes of getting the 90 EAD stamp) and made it thru immigration but that is about all I know (other than that the Virgin Atlantic flight was bloody awful) because we had a bad mobile connection and he was catching his connecting (DOMESTIC, HURRAH!!!!) flight...I should be seeing him in about 8 hours, I can't wait! We'll post a review of the JFK POE as soon as we can and many thanks to the others that have done so already.

CHEERS!

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Timeline
Our update: My SO landed at JFK today (in hopes of getting the 90 EAD stamp) and made it thru immigration but that is about all I know (other than that the Virgin Atlantic flight was bloody awful) because we had a bad mobile connection and he was catching his connecting (DOMESTIC, HURRAH!!!!) flight...I should be seeing him in about 8 hours, I can't wait! We'll post a review of the JFK POE as soon as we can and many thanks to the others that have done so already.

CHEERS!

Wonderful news!!! I take it he's flying into the west coast somewhere?

I can't take another domestic flight :P I'm hoping to go through Dublin if the prices are reasonable enough by the time I book. Still no text *grumpy face*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Well for us the date was important because we wanted to get married between our birthdays so we were the "same" age when we got married - Jeremy's birthday was the 6th Feb and mine is 16th - we got married on the 11th so we were both 25 :D

Crazy but true :lol:

ooo well that's important, i was hoping bg and i got married b4 both our birthdays, his was end of jan and so unfortunately we couldn't make it b4 his

Congrats on the recent approvals :dance:

I get to see him tomorrow :dance: ..last time was october

Edited by janaus

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Our flights have ended up being £330 each, which wasn't too bad...originally we were looking at £550 per person (for 4 of us, erk!), but going to an airport 2 more hours drive away has saved us over £800. The kids will probably sleep on the drive anyway. I'm feeling a lot more excited about the move now the major hurdles (visa, flights booked) are out of the way. Our house is mainly empty now, going to be sleeping on the floor for a couple of nights but c'est la vie. We have a hotel booked nearby Friday so we can come back here for the inspection on Saturday, and then a hotel booked for Saturday evening at Gatwick. Hoping immigration on entry won't be too much hassle!

Genius! So you are flying from Gatwick instead of...? I haven't thought of different airports yet but I am sure I could use pretty much any one of them in the country - I am sure that for my immigration I will be able to get a lift!!! Has to be direct to LAX though for the sake of my poor cat :(

YAY!!! So good to see all my July buddies making the big move :D Can't wait to read the review!! Don't forget to post a link in the July thread!!!

ooo well that's important, i was hoping bg and i got married b4 both our birthdays, his was end of jan and so unfortunately we couldn't make it b4 his

I get to see him tomorrow :dance: ..last time was october

Oh that is sooo cool - you must be so excited!!!!

As for police certificate thingy - it looks like I might be ok with August 15th as there is a page on the embassy website that says this is the cut-off date... so I am going to print the page and if they have any questions I am going to wave it in their face :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
As for police certificate thingy - it looks like I might be ok with August 15th as there is a page on the embassy website that says this is the cut-off date... so I am going to print the page and if they have any questions I am going to wave it in their face :P

Could you post the link for the August date because there are few people awaiting interview who are wondering about this. I couldn't find it when I checked again. Thanks!

Timeline

Wow, I've had a whirlwind few days....

I have done ALOT of looking for a mother of the bride outfit for my mum, with no success. I have done a small amount of looking for a dress for my hen night (saturday), with SUCCESS! I now have two dresses... And the best bit - the stone I have lost for the wedding has been worth it! Woohoo! Unfortunately, I still can't afford clothes, but I love my interest free M & S card.

I am meeting my 10 friends tonight for a pizza and beer party, which will probably be the last time we'll all be together for many months. Should be fun though.

Friday I have a work do, sunday I am cooking for 15 family members (he he he, I foresee stress!).

I have planned leaving drinks from my two jobs for the week I leave.

Right now I am taking a break from packing up my room. Luckily, most of my "memory" stuff in already in the States, so there is no sitting on the floor thinking abbout old times, thank goodness.

24 days to go....... We got a great deal on a Manhattan hotel - $169 for a saturday night stay at the Hilton Manhattan, in Chelsea. I am so excited! I keep waiting for the tears to come, but I am too happy! I swear my friends are a bit dissapointed I am not really distarught about leaving them. Maybe I should fake a few tears tonight... Let's just hope I'm not caught off-guard in a few months, once the wedding is over, when I am missing everyone, and waiting for the green card before I am allowed back!

Lisa and Marty

First date - 12 January 2005

Engaged - 12 January 2007

Sent I-129F to VSC - 23 July 2007

NOA1 - 1 August 2007

RFE 22 Dec 07 - Marty forgot to tick the box saying he had no prior convictions. He ticked the box, and sent it back the same day.

NOA2 18th January 2008!!! Woohoo!!!

Packet 3 received - Feb 7th 2008

Packet 3 returned - Feb 8th 2008

Medical scheduled - Feb 25th 2008 (I could have had it sooner, but I needed time to chase down my immunisation records).

Interview - March 10th 2008 Approved!!!

Received passport with K1 visa - March 12th 2008

POE JFK - April 12th 2008

May 31st - Got married!

Timeline

feeling so low tonight !!!!

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Could you post the link for the August date because there are few people awaiting interview who are wondering about this. I couldn't find it when I checked again. Thanks!

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/add_crime.html

:D

I am just collating my evidence to prove I can use my old police cert and not get HPV until I move to the US - it's like preparing for a court case!! So much stress!!

feeling so low tonight !!!!

*hugs* I know how you feel - I can't bounce back after leaving Jeremy behind this last time... now I just want to be with him more than ever - our wedding has just made me love him more if that isn't too pukey :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.