*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Hi. Came in to share the news. I received my visa today! The visa was issued yesterday and it was delivered this morning at 5.50am. I paid extra to get it delivered before 8am but I didn't expect it to be delivered so early.

Thanks to everyone's feedback here. It encouraged me a lot.

Good luck to everyone on your interviews. :)

I can't wait for Darren to get his visa!!! You must be so thrilled/relieved (I would be both!)!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Congratulations londonuk!!! I bet it feels so good to have that in your hands finally! I can't wait to receive mine!

5.30am though? :o Wow.... :lol:

Thanks. It feels soooooooooooooooooo good, doesn't it? :) I gave notice at work right away.

Yes, it does certainly feel very good!!!!

I tempted fate a little bit.... I handed my notice in at work 2 weeks ago. Last day is on 20th April and i'm flying out on April 30th :D

What date are you leaving?

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Eep, I'm getting nervous! Interview in 2 days. I'm not worried about the actual being approved part, we've been married 10 years, had a green card before, never lived apart and have two kids so I'm pretty sure they will believe we have a legitimate relationship! I am mainly nervous about any delays with the visa, we have to be out of our rented house next weekend (not our choice) and don't want to hang around in a hotel for too long as it'll be expensive and a nightmare with two small children. The fact we can't book our flights until I have it is driving me nuts!

---------------------------------------

14/Jul/97 - Met Rick in UK

04/Nov/97 - Travelled to US on visitors visa

01/Jan/98 - Married in US

1998 - 2000 - Long process with Immigration obtaining Green Card #1.

20/May/2003 - Left US for UK

11/Feb/2004 - Child #1 born

14/Jul/2005 - Child #2 born

August 2007 - Decide we need to move back to USA. Kicking self for not getting citizenship.

24/Sep/2007 - I-130 sent

28/Sep/2007 - I-130 NOA1

12/Dec/2007 - I-130 Approved

11/Jan/2008 - Police Certificate applied for

11/Jan/2008 - DS-230 part 1 sent off

14/Jan/2008 - Medical booked for Jan 21st

21/Jan/2008 - Medical in London - all clear!

24/Jan/2008 - Statement of readiness sent to embassy

09/Feb/2008 - Police clearance arrived

14/Mar/2008 - Interview at 9am!! APPROVED!

18/Mar/2008 - Visa arrived!

22/Mar/2008 - Being made homeless!

23/Mar/2008 - Flight to USA!!

12/Apr/2008 - Greencard arrived!

Done with immigration until I can apply for citizenship in 2011.

Ahh - sounds very annoying! I am sure you will be fine :)

I can relate to wanting my visa soon - I am not moving until June 30th but I just want to know that it is out of the way and that I don't have anything else to worry about for a whole short of POE which should be fine as I will have Jeremy with me :)

I am going to be nervous and sad and apprehensive but I am sooo looking forward to starting my new life - I just feel like my life is on hold at the moment and I want things to settle down.

Debz is on her way to Nebraska now! I am so jealous/nervous/excited!! >.<

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Ahh - sounds very annoying! I am sure you will be fine :)

I can relate to wanting my visa soon - I am not moving until June 30th but I just want to know that it is out of the way and that I don't have anything else to worry about for a whole short of POE which should be fine as I will have Jeremy with me :)

I am going to be nervous and sad and apprehensive but I am sooo looking forward to starting my new life - I just feel like my life is on hold at the moment and I want things to settle down.

Debz is on her way to Nebraska now! I am so jealous/nervous/excited!! >.<

I hope she has a very uneventful travel experience...I know she's nervous...but she'll do fine!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We've been accepted! :dance: I had my interview this morning at 9am. The whole thing only took about an hour, a lot less time than I was expecting. :) A nice man took care of the documents, and then a very friendly lady asked me the interview questions. The questions were identical to those already described on this thread, so I won't repeat them. Just standard stuff about how and when we met.

Thank you all for your help! Although Sandi and I are somewhat silent members of VJ, we have benefited greatly from all the discussions between the 'regulars' ;)

I know she won't see this until after her interview on Friday, but good luck vibes to babblesgirl for Friday :)

Good luck to everyone with interviews still to come!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations to tomsandi!!!

January 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

February 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

• bunsk2007..........................................2008-02-11 ????????????
  • Sad Eyes............................................2008-02-25 Stuck in AP - hopefully not for long!
  • piqqulet..............................................2008-02-29 ???????????
  • Bforbarree...........................................2008-03-03 APPROVED!!!!
  • StillthePrettiest....................................2008-03-04 APPROVED!!!!
  • toshtishtash........................................2008-03-05 APPROVED!!!!
  • londonuk.............................................2008-03-06 APPROVED!!!!
  • pkscotus.............................................2008-03-06 APPROVED!!!!
  • lisalu100.............................................2008-03-10 @ 9:00
  • Darren&Laura......................................2008-03-11 @ 9:00
  • tomsandi............................................2008-03-12 APPROVED!!!!
  • DonnaB..............................................2008-03-12 @ 9:30
  • ladyynara...........................................2008-03-14 @ 9:00
  • babblesgirl..........................................2008-03-14 @10:00 (L) just cos I love her!
  • KJC...................................................2008-03-20 @ 10:00
  • GeordieLover.......................................2008-04-01
  • NickyMcMillan......................................2008-04-30 @ 10:00
Still waiting to hear from a few others! Updates, people, please!!!

Yeah - lots of question marks at the top there!!!

Ohhh Julez it is so nice to see your little siggie saying married - how does it feel?! I feel kinda sad that I can't be with Jeremy but then we knew it was going to be like that so... :P Not long now - a few more months and we'll be together :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Yeah - lots of question marks at the top there!!!

Ohhh Julez it is so nice to see your little siggie saying married - how does it feel?! I feel kinda sad that I can't be with Jeremy but then we knew it was going to be like that so... :P Not long now - a few more months and we'll be together :)

Aly, I still sometimes can't believe that Griff and I are actually married! It has seriously been wonderful thus far! I can honestly say I have never been happier. My life is now complete.

I feel bad that you and Jeremy have to be apart for now (thank you CSC!) but hopefully the time will pass quickly. I know when we were waiting it felt like an eternity, but since we're together it feels like we were never apart. It just faded into oblivion, so I hope that will happen for you too!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I checked out your wedding pics, and I must say you looked lovely! What a beautiful setting for the wedding too. Looks like you had picture perfect weather and that a good time was had by all! Someday I might even put up a few of our wedding pics, my prob is that I almost exclusively post from work (a big no-no) :whistle: so hopefully someday soon!

Hahah - yeah - we were really lucky with the weather - it was in the 70s which was great as there had been two inches of snow the week before!!! Just a few miles up the road was a foot of snow so all in all we got really lucky. I am sure if we had had snow it would have been beautiful as well but we would have gotten cold!!!

I am pretty certain we will fall into wedded bliss of nagging and moaning at each other :lol: Does it still feel weird to have Griff around all the time? How is he settling in? I really hope time passes quickly - I gues I just have to work hard and keep busy and keep focussed on the goal :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I keep forgetting to tell you that I checked out your wedding pics, and I must say you looked lovely! What a beautiful setting for the wedding too. Looks like you had picture perfect weather and that a good time was had by all! Someday I might even put up a few of our wedding pics, my prob is that I almost exclusively post from work (a big no-no) :whistle: so hopefully someday soon!

Speaking of wedding pics I added some of mine to my gallery yesterday. :D

Gillian

They are great!!!! I love the hat so much! And it is so great seeing some of the places in Vegas I know :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Speaking of wedding pics I added some of mine to my gallery yesterday. :D

Gillian

They're great...makes me want to get married in Vegas!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
They're great...makes me want to get married in Vegas!!!

I can highly recommend it, it was lots of fun and a great day. We stayed for 5 nights so it counted as our honeymoon too. :D

Gillian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello everybody

just a quick question i had my interview on 6th of march havnt recieved my passport yet can any knw how many days it gonna to be take after intervew cas 2 of other guys londonuk and one from 5th of march already got their passport just little bit worried

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.