*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Goodluck! My IO didn't say flat out that I was approved. Just that I was "good to go" once I sent in the notarized letter of intent.

All the best.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

On the blue slip of paper that I got, it had 'You weren't approved because of the following reason:' and then it had a list of possible problems with a box beside them. They ticked the box 'documents required' for me. But if you were actually denied then they tick the piece of law that applies to you - that is the reason (fraud, not eligible etc.) that you were denied.

So - If you don't get the blue piece of paper with one of the 'bad' boxes ticked, you're approved!!!

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On the blue slip of paper that I got, it had 'You weren't approved because of the following reason:' and then it had a list of possible problems with a box beside them. They ticked the box 'documents required' for me. But if you were actually denied then they tick the piece of law that applies to you - that is the reason (fraud, not eligible etc.) that you were denied.

So - If you don't get the blue piece of paper with one of the 'bad' boxes ticked, you're approved!!!

Thanks everyone, it seems hardly any get denied at london which is good.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It's getting scarily close now isn't it Sally!!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline

It's getting scarily close now isn't it Sally!!

yea it is ill be in touch saffyre so we can meet up monday.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I still can't believe Kris' is in less than a week. He is going to ask them if he is approved if they don't say. He wants to try and book the tickets when he gets home LOL.. Btw.. looking at the history of approvals to visa receipt.. it seems it varies anywhere from 2-4 days.. is that about right? I'm just hoping he gets his by Friday or Saturday.. (do they deliver on saturday?) Also.. how does it work if you pay for expidited? is there any mark difference?

Timeline
I still can't believe Kris' is in less than a week. He is going to ask them if he is approved if they don't say. He wants to try and book the tickets when he gets home LOL.. Btw.. looking at the history of approvals to visa receipt.. it seems it varies anywhere from 2-4 days.. is that about right? I'm just hoping he gets his by Friday or Saturday.. (do they deliver on saturday?) Also.. how does it work if you pay for expidited? is there any mark difference?

I don't believe they deliver on Saturdays. If you pay for expedited delivery all it does is guarantee that they will deliver before a certain time of day (say 6am if you go to work early). You won't get the visa on an earlier day, just an earlier time of the day they are delivering it anyway.

Gillian

Great news!!! Darren got his visa yesterday!!! Only a minor holdup from the wrong police certificate...Now, I just need to stop nagging him about when he's going to be here!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Timeline
Great news!!! Darren got his visa yesterday!!! Only a minor holdup from the wrong police certificate...Now, I just need to stop nagging him about when he's going to be here!!!

Great to hear he has the visa in hand now, all systems go now for you too, good luck and happy times ahead :dance::dance:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I don't believe they deliver on Saturdays. If you pay for expedited delivery all it does is guarantee that they will deliver before a certain time of day (say 6am if you go to work early). You won't get the visa on an earlier day, just an earlier time of the day they are delivering it anyway.

Gillian

that's kind of what i was thinking. What about how long (day wise) is what I've noticed as the trend pretty accurate? I fear him making his flight for the following Wed as being too quick but I can't see there being problems realistically :unsure:

:lol: Oh that is great news!!! I still have a ways to go yet ><... But getting closer... :unsure:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Fantastic news! Congrats to you both. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Just wanted to wish good luck to Coatsy for the big interview tomorrow!!

Thanks so much :)

We are both nervous wrecks at the moment

the medical was a bit of a nightmare and I had to pay an additional 150 for some blood screens to check my immunization due to rather lax NHS records, unfortunately they wont be prepared until Friday so if anything good happens it will be 'pending medical' lol

Hopefully that won't change anything

hope I can get some sleep tonight lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Gillian

I got my visa delivered on a Saturday, Nov 4th 2006. My interview was Nov 2nd 06, and i didn't even pay the extra for the expedited delivery! I didn't think they delivered on Saturdays either. :P

Good luck tomoz Coatsy :thumbs:

Separated!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.