*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Saff -- listen to Julez about this. EVERYONE is in a state of panic before the interview -- I can't think of anyone who takes it lightly (although Poiteen comes to mind... :P ). My husband was so sure he would be denied he even started investigating other routes, like us moving to Canada to be his grandmother's full-time caregivers. And he HATED his grandmother.

Bruce was a complete basket case too, but we made it in the end with no probs. Be organised on the day, answer the super-easy questions truthfully, pay the courier and then skip down the stairs.

You can do it! :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Saff -- listen to Julez about this. EVERYONE is in a state of panic before the interview -- I can't think of anyone who takes it lightly (although Poiteen comes to mind... :P ). My husband was so sure he would be denied he even started investigating other routes, like us moving to Canada to be his grandmother's full-time caregivers. And he HATED his grandmother.

Bruce was a complete basket case too, but we made it in the end with no probs. Be organised on the day, answer the super-easy questions truthfully, pay the courier and then skip down the stairs.

You can do it! :D

Thank you :blush: I know i'm being silly. It comes and goes. I can't think of a single reason to be denied, but you can't help but worry anyway right? I mean this is the man I love and want to be with...if they said no I would be devastated.

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
LOL. I've read this thread from beginning to end. It took a while but I did it.

It's one of the questions on Jeralys 'list' that bugs me I guess........"why do you love him?" I mean how do you quantify that? I could list reasons all day long, but I couldn't pin it down to one thing. I love him just because I do. Because he's the perfect one for me. *corny moment* the yin to my yang....

They asked me something similar. My husband and I were originally pen-friends and the CO asked me how our relationship had changed from friends to 'something more'. I just told him that it was impossible to explain and that it 'just did'. He was happy with that answer and didn't push it any further.

You're going to be just fine. :thumbs:

Gillian

Timeline

It's one of the questions on Jeralys 'list' that bugs me I guess........"why do you love him?" I mean how do you quantify that? I could list reasons all day long, but I couldn't pin it down to one thing. I love him just because I do. Because he's the perfect one for me. *corny moment* the yin to my yang....

They asked me something similar. My husband and I were originally pen-friends and the CO asked me how our relationship had changed from friends to 'something more'. I just told him that it was impossible to explain and that it 'just did'. He was happy with that answer and didn't push it any further.

You're going to be just fine. :thumbs:

Gillian

I'm so appreciative of the help and advice I get here. Without VJ i'm sure it would have been a million times harder just to get to this point!

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

I agree, the advice I got from this forum & the guides were so invaluable. I've no idea how I would have been without this place.

I was very nervious about the interview, even tho I was fairly sure I would get approved.

Not over yet of course. AOS to come.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Saff! <hugs> i know those feelings well... too bad you and Kris didnt have yours the same day (instead of 1 day apart) he's nervous and in all reality the time between now and then is drivng us both insane. we want it done now... so he can get here sooner LOL but you will be fine.. just as he will be... but till you get that approval.. it won't feel real.. i know that all too well

Thank you :blush: I know i'm being silly. It comes and goes. I can't think of a single reason to be denied, but you can't help but worry anyway right? I mean this is the man I love and want to be with...if they said no I would be devastated.

Daon't worry, Saff...you'll do great, and you guys and Darren and I will be meeting up here in no time!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Thanks for all your support - i'm likely to be a basket case by the time the day arrives!

Take some time to read through all the posts here by all the people who were freaking out, convinced as you are that somehow *they* would be the one denied. They all had subsequent posts about how easy it was and wished they hadn't stressed over the interview so much!

Just ask Jeraly and weedebz! :lol:

Yep - I was convinced they were going to scrutinise my passport, find out I had been over in Feb, look at the wedding planner contract that said Feb and deny me >< But it was fine :) I had my letter from my wedding planner saying it was going to be postponed and they didn't look at *anything* other than what I was specifically asked to bring.

Yeah - I worried about that one a bit too - all they asked me though was how we met, where online, if I had been to America and if he had been here :) It was really easy. It can't be a bad thing to prepare some answers and think about questions like that but like Gillian said - she just said it was hard to explain and they were happy with that :) You'll be fine :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I guess too it's about time! Congrats! :)

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Timeline
Finally!!

Jenn got notice that her interview is May 21.... About freakin time.......

It will be just shy of a year from the day we started this whole process...

Congrats on the interview date!!!!

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Timeline
Finally!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Timeline
Thanks for all your support - i'm likely to be a basket case by the time the day arrives!

Take some time to read through all the posts here by all the people who were freaking out, convinced as you are that somehow *they* would be the one denied. They all had subsequent posts about how easy it was and wished they hadn't stressed over the interview so much!

Just ask Jeraly and weedebz! :lol:

Yep - I was convinced they were going to scrutinise my passport, find out I had been over in Feb, look at the wedding planner contract that said Feb and deny me >< But it was fine :) I had my letter from my wedding planner saying it was going to be postponed and they didn't look at *anything* other than what I was specifically asked to bring.

Yeah - I worried about that one a bit too - all they asked me though was how we met, where online, if I had been to America and if he had been here :) It was really easy. It can't be a bad thing to prepare some answers and think about questions like that but like Gillian said - she just said it was hard to explain and they were happy with that :) You'll be fine :D

Thanks :) I think i'm just a naural born worrier. I'm hoping the people are as nice as you all have said they are.......

On a lighter note, I bought my wedding dress on Saturday. It's so girly and I love it :whistle:

29th July 2008 - POE

Finally!!

About time!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks :) I think i'm just a naural born worrier. I'm hoping the people are as nice as you all have said they are.......

On a lighter note, I bought my wedding dress on Saturday. It's so girly and I love it :whistle:

Got pics?

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

woohoo kelly! i hope we get to see some pics! :)

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.