Dr. A ♥ O

Sunday Lazy Sunday

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Won't be online much at home for awhile :blush: only at work....so... Good Night MENA :)

i can't imagine why not :hehe: you go girl! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you remember where you put in? I probably have pix of that too. :) I shuttled rafters all the way from North Fork to Riggins and sometimes it's was 12 hour drives. It's so beautiful and so peaceful and quiet so I know what you mean. Even parts of the wilderness were captured for National Geographic Magazine some 30-50 years ago and a lot of it is still that way today.

Olivia, I once spent six days rafting down the North Fork and it was one of the best weeks (ok, six days) of my life. I always plan on doing it again...maybe 2008 is the year. So, thank you for the pix.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like most everyone is having a nice time with family and friends. Besides those dealing with large amounts of snow.

My son and I went to see the second National Treasure movie this morning. It was great! :D

Then this afternoon we went to and Eid party at a park nearby. Thankfully it was about 60 degrees out, so not too cold.

I think we're going to make some pumpkin bread in just a little bit.

I'm actually thankful that as a Muslim I'm not celebrating Christmas anymore. It's much more relaxing not having to worry about what presents to buy people that they don't really want with money that I don't really have. :)

I keep thinking that with all the money people spend buying each other things at Christmas, the US could make a very big dent every year in helping the truly needy people in this country, instead of those who have no need at all.

I do still like to see all the lights outside though. It cheers up what is otherwise a very dark time of year.

Anyways, happy holidays to all, whatever you're celebrating.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

I agree. For several years I skipped Christmas with the family and participated in Christmas with the needy. I had gone to a Christan private school where I learned service and goodwill to others by participating in volunteer programs and meals on wheels. It gave me a feeling of such goodness I didn't know before.

Later when I could afford to in Austin there were programs where you could pick a needy family or several needy families and provide for them their Christmas list basically. I'd pick a few I thought I could manage and I would go buy the things they wanted and wrap the presents and make a few extra dishes of food and goodies for them. Then I would set out to places I'd never been before.

It was scary to go places alone I'd never been to in areas I knew weren't good. And it was heart breaking sometimes to see what I saw. I'd spend a couple hours with the elderly ones because no one else was going to visit them that day and really it seemed the gift they wanted the most was someone to listen to them for a few hours. Then there was the family with with several little kids all living in a one bedroom house that was even harder for me to take. The kids were so thrilled to have gifts it was like Santa Claus came to the driveway. The families usually didn't want to visit long and after getting their gifts said Merry Christmas and went inside. Still there was something more to giving in this way then the way you mention about buying gifts for people who don't really want them.

While I did it for them mostly I also have to admit selfishly I did it for the good feelings it would give me. I don't know how else to describe those feelings but they are so good and so pure it was like refilling my cup with fresh water. I recommend this to anyone.

(L)

I keep thinking that with all the money people spend buying each other things at Christmas, the US could make a very big dent every year in helping the truly needy people in this country, instead of those who have no need at all.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Sunday everyone - - I hope everyone had a great day! I just learned that my case is in Cairo..and better yet, Cairo emialed me packet 3, can you believe it?! oh my...we are on our way...oh my .....

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline

:dance:

Happy Sunday everyone - - I hope everyone had a great day! I just learned that my case is in Cairo..and better yet, Cairo emialed me packet 3, can you believe it?! oh my...we are on our way...oh my .....

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Do you remember where you put in? I probably have pix of that too. :) I shuttled rafters all the way from North Fork to Riggins and sometimes it's was 12 hour drives. It's so beautiful and so peaceful and quiet so I know what you mean. Even parts of the wilderness were captured for National Geographic Magazine some 30-50 years ago and a lot of it is still that way today.

Olivia, I once spent six days rafting down the North Fork and it was one of the best weeks (ok, six days) of my life. I always plan on doing it again...maybe 2008 is the year. So, thank you for the pix.

Oops, it was the Middle Fork, come to think of it. I'll have to drag up pictures. We took a tiny plane from Stanley to put in...somewhere? and then took out near Salmon. It is just a beautiful part of the country and there is no better way to see it.

Timeline

Yes! Actually that is the exact spot where the North Fork meets the Middle Fork!

Oops, it was the Middle Fork, come to think of it. I'll have to drag up pictures. We took a tiny plane from Stanley to put in...somewhere? and then took out near Salmon. It is just a beautiful part of the country and there is no better way to see it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Happy sunday to all the VJ members (F)

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
charles u got worse than us, very cold and snow yeterday but just covered the ground here then icy roads thru night

Since you are too busy sliding around on your ice could you float that boat over hear? :help: interesting how they finally upgraded some of the roads here from dirt/riddles with potholes to decent cement and forgot to put drains in them!!! There are little wading pools all over town.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.