Emancipation

Sometimes I'd Like to Punch Him in the Mouth

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Considering what a chopf##k Bush is, I wouldn't worry too much about him not thanking Canada personally. I mean....that would be like getting thanked by a genocidal maniac. Would that *really* make anyone happy?

Y'all will just have to satisfied with the small voices of thanks in the wilderness. ie: the American people themselves.

I'm sure it's obvious though that he is your elected representative out there putting the US face on politics and foreign policy. If he was elected once, then I could buy it that "he doesn't speak for us".. but he's serving his 2nd term.. I think the US is going to have to work LONG and hard to fix the ignorance and diplomatic damage the Presidential office has inflicted the past 2 terms... whether the next President is Dem or Rep.

Hubby also had an interesting point yesterday - he said.. "honey... you have to keep this in mind.. the US doestn' CARE what other countries thinks about her.. where as Canada seems to care about what other leaders and nations say about her..".. Which if it is true, is a very bad idea for the US IMO.. if she's ever in trouble again the rest of the world might just flip her the bird when she asks for help!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Considering what a chopf##k Bush is, I wouldn't worry too much about him not thanking Canada personally. I mean....that would be like getting thanked by a genocidal maniac. Would that *really* make anyone happy?

Y'all will just have to satisfied with the small voices of thanks in the wilderness. ie: the American people themselves.

I agree. I feel better when he is ignoring us.

While I try to have a clear separation in my mind between the American gov. and the people of America, it does, as emancipation mentioned, create a problem with George being elected twice.

Had he had 1 term as President there would have been more sympathy, "Wow, that was a huge mistake, poor people, look who they ended up with"! The fact that he was reelected boggles the mind of any thinking person.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

While I try to have a clear separation in my mind between the American gov. and the people of America, it does, as emancipation mentioned, create a problem with George being elected twice.

Had he had 1 term as President there would have been more sympathy, "Wow, that was a huge mistake, poor people, look who they ended up with"! The fact that he was reelected boggles the mind of any thinking person.

You must remember he was not elected with the majority of the popular vote the first go-round which, at least for me, showed how broken the actual election process and the electoral college really is. And this complete nonsense:

Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), was a United States Supreme Court case heard on December 11, 2000. In a per curiam opinion, by a vote of 7-2, the Court held that the Florida Supreme Court's scheme for recounting ballots was unconstitutional, and by a vote of 5-4, the Court held that no alternative scheme could be established within the time limits established by Florida Legislature.[1]. The per curiam opinion was argued on the basis of Equal Protection.[2]

The decision stopped the recount that was occurring in Florida and allowed Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris's previous certification of George W. Bush as the winner of Florida's electoral votes to stand. Florida's 25 electoral votes gave Bush, the Republican candidate, 271 Electoral College votes, defeating Democrat Al Gore. 270 electoral college votes were needed by either candidate to win.

How he defeated Kerry in the second round baffled me...

Edited by Delicia

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Bush isn't a genocidal maniac. I used to think that he was a moron, now I know the truth. Bush is a dangerous ideologue with a radical axe to grind. He's cunning and his cornpone act has been honed to perfection. I've only seen him let that guard down once, when the Republicans lost control of the House and Senate (so what he'll just keep vetoing, ad infinitum). Tell me, you're from across the pond, did Tony Blair have a brain cramp when he signed up for burning bridges in Babylon?

I'm not a litugical scholar but who is Bush compared to the Pharoah? I still don't get how a so-called Christian president emulates the Romans. I'll just bet that the Praetorian Guard (oops,...I mean the Secret Service) is reading this.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
You must remember he was not elected with the majority of the popular vote the first go-round which, at least for me, showed how broken the actual election process and the electoral college really is. And this complete nonsense:

I would humbly suggest then, that the US get a better democracy!! :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Kerry wouldn't play the game. Kerry thought the president should be a statesman, like Jefferson, not a stupider version of Gomer Pyle. If Kerry had gone after Bush with some attack adds then he would have won going away. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, they were hiding in the bottom of their boats in the fetal position when the shooting started. Maybe they were in Texas with Dubya fishing and not in Vietnam at the time. Where'd they go?

Did you know McCain was a North Vietnamese pilot who made extra money by gogo dancing in a tiger cage and Max Cleland sawed off his own limbs while sipping mint juleps in Atlanta so he could get sympathy. The big lie indeed!

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

lotsa bds around here :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Bds, never heard of it, must be like WMD in Iraq. Probably comes from Niger. :lol:

Sorry Chuck, we forget that some of the people that voted for him are sane. Still how will you reconcile his pro-gun control agenda with your NRA beliefs? :whistle:

IR5

Timeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Derangement_Syndrome

Nope .. not every ill in the world Charles..

Just the diplomatic mess you have on your hands.. specifically with Canada!! ;)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"President Bush as the greatest current threat to American lives—are of emotional origins rather than based on facts or logic".

They used 'facts' and 'logic' in the same sentence as Bush.

Mostly he just makes me laugh. Seriously, if he is giving a little speech on tv I will tune in for a laugh (and no it's not a bitter haha - it's a real haha) :)

Filed: Timeline

Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), was a United States Supreme Court case heard on December 11, 2000. In a per curiam opinion, by a vote of 7-2, the Court held that the Florida Supreme Court's scheme for recounting ballots was unconstitutional, and by a vote of 5-4, the Court held that no alternative scheme could be established within the time limits established by Florida Legislature.[1]. The per curiam opinion was argued on the basis of Equal Protection.[2]

The decision stopped the recount that was occurring in Florida and allowed Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris's previous certification of George W. Bush as the winner of Florida's electoral votes to stand. Florida's 25 electoral votes gave Bush, the Republican candidate, 271 Electoral College votes, defeating Democrat Al Gore. 270 electoral college votes were needed by either candidate to win.

Easy. He called upon the freakiest of the fundies to vote him in. "God" decreed it, afterall. The fundies voted en masse. The 20-somethings.....the ones who would have actually voted for Kerry.... stayed home fondling their iPods. Blame it on Fundies, or blame it on apathetic people - either way is correct.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Derangement_Syndrome

Nope .. not every ill in the world Charles..

Just the diplomatic mess you have on your hands.. specifically with Canada!! ;)

I always thought that dissent was the root of democracy.

Chuck, I think that the real problem is this cloak of secrecy has given both pro- and anti-Bush forces BDS (it cuts both ways). It comes from fear and loathing and I just wonder if they themselves believe in what they are doing? If we had some idea of what the game plan was, we'd be able see what the logic was. All we get is soundbites. Soundbites sound great but what's backing up that? Ideation without actualization is nothing.

No Republican or Democratic administration has ever used as many questionable and in some cases outright illegal tactics as this one. Show us your cards. That's not much too ask, is it?

As for a Canadian point of view. US Ambassador cautions Canada on commenting on US Policy, remember that garbage.

IR5

Timeline

Easy. He called upon the freakiest of the fundies to vote him in. "God" decreed it, afterall. The fundies voted en masse. The 20-somethings.....the ones who would have actually voted for Kerry.... stayed home fondling their iPods. Blame it on Fundies, or blame it on apathetic people - either way is correct.

Very sad but true. I remember taking to a middle aged African-American gentlemen on a bus and telling him that Ernie Ladd was supporting Bush. I can't believe how this former AF sargeant tore into Ladd. "That dumb a******, Uncle Tom N***** just cause you're 6'9" doesn't mean your brain grew, I guess the blood didn't reach his brain. If any of the young brutherz got off their A**** and voted we'd get rid of this M***********. F***** RACIST, he wasn't in the AF Reserve he was marching in the Klan. If his Chicken **** A** went AWOL on me, he'd be spending 20 years in the stockade. N***** please, just because he talks about JC doesn't mean S***. The Devil knows more about JC than any man. " He went to vent for a good five minutes and he made a lot of sense (aside from the invectives).

IR5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Unfortunately, I could blame the election process all day, but ultimately it does come down to the voters and mostly to the people who chose not to vote. Those are the people that I blame. If you are eligible but didn't vote in the last election, you have no right, in my opinion, to criticize the person who was elected because you elected to waive your privilege to vote. I have been voting religiously since Regean's second term but unfortunately, I tend to vote for the loser. :unsure:

As far as the current election process and the electoral college, I am sure by now with the advancement of electronic data transmission, there has to be some way for people to vote and candidates elected based purely on popular vote and not electoral points. Hopefully, some think tank somewhere is dreaming up a good idea.

I say, everyone who wants to talk politics has to show a receipt that they voted, not necessarily HOW they voted, but that they at least cast a ballot.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.