Empress of Groovy

Dear Joyce

675 posts in this topic

Dear Joyce,

I'm a big fan of monobrows. Is this a look that goes well with helmet hair?

Harry

Dear Harry:

Yes, I do like a well-kept monobrow (or unibrow, as I call it), but not everyone can pull it off. I had a false unibrow for about six months. I used industrial adhesive (one of the components of my helmet paste, in fact) and some synthetic hair that matched my helmet exactly. Although I received many compliments, ultimately I had to discontinue it because my agent said that too many people mistook me for Frida Kahlo, which didn't help my album sales!

I say, go for it! The unibrow/helmet combo on the right person is the epitome of beauty! With proper clothing selection, of course.

Good luck!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Dear Joyce

Please help! My husband and I aren't normally party animals, but inspired by your encouraging words and a brand new lime green pant suit I found at the local thrift shop (you were spot on there!), we boldly went to the Allstrips for their annual New Year's party. I'm sure you've heard the stories about the Allstrips' parties yourself and let me tell you, not too many exaggerations there! Needless to say, after 3 Egg Nog's, I quite let my hair down (figuratively of course) and was even inspired to take part in the party games, what a hoot! Sadly though, I had a serious accident with my pant suit and a party size tub of Cool Whip. Please, please, what's the best remedy for cool whip stains?

Your expectantly

Mrs Holdem

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Dear Joyce,

I was only just this morning extolling the wonder that is Cool Whip when one of my collegues sneered at me and stated, "Cool Wip is so 70's. Don't you know wasabi is the new Cool Whip?" It doesn't happen often, but I was left speechless! I wish I had shot back a witty retort, but I was just so aghast over her assertion!

Joyce, please tell me it isn't true!

Signed,

Crying over dissed Cool Whip

Filed: Timeline
Dear Joyce,

I was only just this morning extolling the wonder that is Cool Whip when one of my collegues sneered at me and stated, "Cool Wip is so 70's. Don't you know wasabi is the new Cool Whip?" It doesn't happen often, but I was left speechless! I wish I had shot back a witty retort, but I was just so aghast over her assertion!

Signed,

Now that's HOT. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Dear Joyce

Please help! My husband and I aren't normally party animals, but inspired by your encouraging words and a brand new lime green pant suit I found at the local thrift shop (you were spot on there!), we boldly went to the Allstrips for their annual New Year's party. I'm sure you've heard the stories about the Allstrips' parties yourself and let me tell you, not too many exaggerations there! Needless to say, after 3 Egg Nog's, I quite let my hair down (figuratively of course) and was even inspired to take part in the party games, what a hoot! Sadly though, I had a serious accident with my pant suit and a party size tub of Cool Whip. Please, please, what's the best remedy for cool whip stains?

Your expectantly

Mrs Holdem

Now, Mrs. Holdem, I think I've caught you in a white lie. Cool Whip doesn't stain! In fact, it's useful for getting out stains. Either your pantsuit accident involved another substance, or you're just making up the whole story! (**wink!**) As for how to get the mystery stain out, I've had luck with a peroxide/baking soda paste. If that doesn't work, you may have to consider investing in another pantsuit and making a fetching scarf out of the old one.

Good luck, Mrs. Holdem!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Dear Joyce,

Signed,

Dear Crying:

Goodness! Your colleague sounds like one irrational malcontent! Rest assured, she is merely projecting her own insecurities. It sounds like she needs a friend, so why not present her with some butterscotch pudding topped with Cool Whip? Just watch her try to turn it down! The proof is in the pudding (*snicker!*).

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

Filed: Timeline
Dear Crying:

Goodness! Your colleague sounds like one irrational malcontent! Rest assured, she is merely projecting her own insecurities. It sounds like she needs a friend, so why not present her with some butterscotch pudding topped with Cool Whip? Just watch her try to turn it down! The proof is in the pudding (*snicker!*).

Okay, now you've just gone too far. :lol:

iagree.gif

Dear Joyce,

Signed,

Dear Crying:

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

sounbds like you offer excellent counseling for your homeboys

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

dear joyce..

why do old ladies have blue hair sometimes?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
dear joyce..

Oh...my grandmother had blue hair and I was very close to her so when I think of blue hair, I have fond memories. After she passed away, I had dream of her walking around our house like she always did, but she had lavender colored hair. She always looked nice in blue. :)

Dear Joyce,

Why do old ladies enjoy silver tea service at their book club meetings?

Goodness! I'm a young thing, I wouldn't know anything about that!

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

dear joyce..

Why, so they can display their personal style! I'm all for it, and as you may have gathered, I'm not a big fan of the natural look. I believe that a woman's true beauty is revealed through myriad industrial hair products, wonder fabrics, Cool Whip, and just a dash of tabasco. You know, a little kick. (*giggle*)

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS

dear joyce..

Oh...my grandmother had blue hair and I was very close to her so when I think of blue hair, I have fond memories. After she passed away, I had dream of her walking around our house like she always did, but she had lavender colored hair. She always looked nice in blue. :)

Aw, Mr. Fancypants, that's sweet!

My grandmother had the most beautiful blue helmet. It had a serene glow that put the whole town at ease. I learned a lot from her about such practical matters as helmet maintenance and keeping a trim figure, but also intangibles such as poise and grace under fondue. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and her expertise with Aqua Net.

Love,

(F) Joyce (F)

K-1

AOS